Recipe???

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
A quest!!! A quest sayeth Belle!!! I Am going to be eating in Le Cellier for my birthday which is May 25th. My mom and I were talking about that and she mentioned how she would love the recipe for the pretzel breadsticks they serve there!!! Anyone care to tackle this one?? Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
A quest!!! A quest sayeth Belle!!! I Am going to be eating in Le Cellier for my birthday which is May 25th. My mom and I were talking about that and she mentioned how she would love the recipe for the pretzel breadsticks they serve there!!! Anyone care to tackle this one?? Belle

Haven't found it, but I'll search more tomorrow.

barnum42

wannabeBelle said:
When you are there, ask them. They can probably provide you with the recipe.

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:

Searched around, can't find these. I would have sworn I had seen them somewhere.

dizneykev

Need recipe for Conga Drink - San Angel

Hello,

We just got back yesterday and became obsessed with the Conga fruit drink from the San Angel Cantina at the Mexiaco pavilion. We know from the menu that it is a blend of Orange, Pineapple and Lime juices. I am hoping someone may have a ratio for these so we don't keep trying and failing with expensive juices. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you haven't tried these yet, I recommend them. I preferred the frozen version where my wife enjoyed the one on the rocks. They certainly quench your thirst on a hot Florida day. Thanks for any help you may have.

Dizneykev

SewIn2Disney

Mmmmm....sounds good. I did a google search for those ingredients, and for a drink by the same name but nothing.
Is it an alchoholic drink, or just a fruit drink?

dizneykev

It is just a fruit juice only drink. You can get it at the regular registers where you order food, or from the bar area off to the left side. I miss them already. Just re-reading my thread made me crave one. I hope someone can help me out.

Dizneykev

longfamily

Does anyone have a recipe for a really great mushroom appetizer?
Stuffed mushrooms are welcome, but I'm hoping to get another idea.

Thanks for your time!

SewIn2Disney

Is this a Disney specific recipe you are looking for, or just a general mushroom appetizer?

If it's Disney specific, which resturant is it from?

ChefTigger

wannabeBelle said:
I absolutely will if we dont have it by then!!!! Those pretzel breadsticks ROCK!!!!!!!!! Belle
Sorry to bring you all the bad new but the Cellier's all 3 bread comes already made from a canadian company, they only re-heat it and for the pretzel one spray water and drizzle pretzel salt on it.
But on a positive note i found this recipe and to my chef's eyes i would skip the cornmeal. Hope you'll like it.

2 3/4 cups bread flour
1 envelope quick-rising yeast

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about) hot water (125°F to 130°F)

Cornmeal
8 cups water
1/4 cup baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg white, beaten to blend (glaze)
Coarse salt

preperation_hed.gif
<!-- preperation -->
Combine bread flour, 1 envelope yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar and celery seeds in food processor and blend. With machine running, gradually pour hot water through feed tube, adding enough water to form smooth elastic dough. Process 1 minute to knead. Grease medium bowl. Add dough to bowl, turning to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, then towel; let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 35 minutes.

Flour baking sheet. Punch dough down and knead on lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide into 8 pieces. Form each dough piece into ball. Place dough balls on prepared sheet, flattening each slightly. Using serrated knife, cut X in top center of each dough ball. Cover with towel and let dough balls rise until almost doubled in volume, about 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease another baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal. Bring 8 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Add baking soda and 2 tablespoons sugar (water will foam up). Add 4 rolls and cook 30 seconds per side. Using slotted spoon, transfer rolls to prepared sheet, arranging X side up. Repeat with remaining rolls. Brush rolls with egg white glaze. Sprinkle rolls generously with coarse salt. Bake rolls until brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Serve rolls warm or room temperature. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 375°F oven 10 minutes.)

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Three questions for ya
1) What bread recipe is this?
2) Celery seeds??? Not really up my alley I wouldnt think.
3) Do you know the name of the company that the breadsticks are obtained from and any contact information you have would be great!!!!
Thanks Belle

ChefTigger

1-oups sorry the title of the recipe dissapered during the paste and copy part...
it is for pretzel rolls

2-i think it's what might give pretzel bread it's special taste. Lots of bread recipe use seeds such as carraway and celeri.

3-I don't remember, all I know is that it is based in Toronto, Canada, but i'll try to look up for it, or later on tonight i'll call some of my friends who still works there.

ChefTigger

Here's a more simple one...

Soft Pretzels

• 1cup water
  • 2 3/4 cups bread flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbl. sugar
  • 3 Tbl. soft butter
  • 2 tsp. yeast
  • 8 cups water
  • 3 Tbl. kosher (pickling) salt
  • Melted butter, kosher salt and poppy seeds(optional), to top with.
Special Instructions:
Layer ingredients into machine as listed above and run on dough setting. Once finished, let dough stand for 20-30 minutes. Break dough into 8 even pieces and roll out to 1/2 inch diameter and shape into pretzels.

Boil 8 cups water with 3 Tbl. of kosher salt. Immerse pretzels n boiling water for 1 minute and place on greased bake pan. Brush with melted butter and top with kosher salt and poppy seeds.
<LI>Bake in 475 degree oven for approx. 15 minutes till pretzels are golden brown. Comments:
These are the same pretzels that have been sold on street corners of New York and Toronto for years. The appearance of soft pretzel kiosks in malls all over suburban Canada has helped bring this underated delicasy some much deserved attention. Try topping your warm pretzels with mustard. Enjoy!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi there, me again!!! Sorry to be such a pain but what machine are you supposed to put the ingredients in the second recipe into??? Belle

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
Hi there, me again!!! Sorry to be such a pain but what machine are you supposed to put the ingredients in the second recipe into??? Belle

I'm going to say a bread machine.

tigsmom

wannabeBelle said:
OK I dont own one of those I need to check if my Mom or my sister has one I can purloin on a temporary basis. Belle

Do you have a heavy duty mixer? You can use that to mix everything, then knead on a board and let it reat until doubled.

I know I saw a recipe for pretzels on one of the WDW recipe sites, Let me see what I can find.

EDIT: Here we go -

Soft Pretzels as sold in the Parks

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]ngredients
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 cups hot water
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 egg
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 Tbs. sugar
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 1/4 oz. envelope active dry yeast
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 Tbs. sugar
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]5-6 cups all-purpose flour
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 Tbs. salt
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 tsp. canola oil
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 Tbs. baking soda
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Toppings: coarse salt, cinnamon/sugar, mustard, toasted almond slices, vanilla/sugar icing
[/font]​
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Directions
[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Using an electric mixer, fitted with a dough hook, place the hot water in bowl add 1 Tbs. sugar and let dissolve. Sprinkle the yeast over and let it dissolve. Add the flour and salt slowly until combined, about 30 seconds. Continue to beat on medium speed until sides pull away from bowl. If dough is sticky, add more flour. Transfer to floured board and knead 10 times until smooth. Pour oil into bowl and swirl to coat sides. Place dough in the bowl and place in a warm spot and let rise to double its size. Punch dough down and divide into 16 pieces. Roll one piece of dough at a time to 18" strips. Twist into pretzel shape. Fill a large shallow pot with 2" of water and add baking soda. Place pretzels into water and poach one minute. Remove and place onto cookie sheet. Brush pretzels with beaten egg and bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden. To top, spray with water or cooking spray and roll into salt or cinnamon sugar or top with vanilla icing and toasted almond slices. [/font]​

tigsmom

Here is another

Soft Pretzels, Germany EPCOT

[/font]​
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Yield: 10 servings.
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 package active dry yeast
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 1/2 cups warm water (105 F-115 F)
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 teaspoon salt
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 teaspoon sugar
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]4 cups all-purpose flour
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 eggs
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 tablespoons water
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Coarse salt
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Prepared mustard (optional)
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Stir and dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in salt, sugar, and 2 cups of the flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Cut dough into 3-ounce pieces and roll into a ball. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Roll out dough into strings and then twist dough pieces in the middle. Pick up dough string with two hands, each hand holding one end. Attach the ends to the dough in a pretzel shape. Place pretzel on baking sheet and allow to proof until pretzel string thickness is about double as thick (place in a warm spot with a damp towel on top).
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Whisk the eggs with water. Brush egg wash on top of pretzels after they proof. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Put on to baking sheets and bake at 400 F for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Dip in prepared mustard if desired.[/font]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom