Recipe???

kimmykimmy

Is it possible to find the recipe for the amazing rice krispie treats from the parks?
I know they probably have it under lock and key, but I thought I'd try!

Kaseys412

This might sound a little strange but.. I have a few questions, I was hoping some of you could help me out with the Ohana breakfast.
What kind of sausage, home fries, and egg product do they use?
How do they cook the eggs?
I think the biscuits I can handle... and bacon.. but those sausage and home fries are to die for! And the eggs... they must cook them a certain way because my scrambled eggs never come out that way. Also.. the seasoning on the homefries, I wasn't sure if they came like that or they seasoned them themselves... this might be hard info to obtain but I had to give it a shot.. I'm dying for that breakfast again!!! Thanks for any help :)

tigsmom

This might sound a little strange but.. I have a few questions, I was hoping some of you could help me out with the Ohana breakfast.
I think the biscuits I can handle... and bacon.. but those sausage and home fries are to die for! And the eggs... they must cook them a certain way because my scrambled eggs never come out that way. Also.. the seasoning on the homefries, I wasn't sure if they came like that or they seasoned them themselves... this might be hard info to obtain but I had to give it a shot.. I'm dying for that breakfast again!!! Thanks for any help :)

I have never seen any of these recipes and I haven't had breakfast there in years so I can't even begin to help, sorry. You can write to them and ask for the recipes/hints, but be aware that not all recipes are shared and it may take a few requests to get an answer; they haven't been so forthcoming lately. Anyway, here is the email address to send your your request in and I'll do the same. :wave:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

tigsmom

Thanks so much! It's worth a shot.. if they refuse to share then we'll just have to vacation at the world more often :ROFLOL:

I like your attitude!! :lol:

Just wanted to say that if you do get a response that includes recipes &/or hints to please come back and post them for us.

tigsmom

Some people were talking about Disney food in another thread and these were mentioned so I'll post the recipes for fans...

Banana Stuffed French Toast
Boatwright's, Port Orleans Riverside

1 cup Milk
1 loaf Sourdough bread
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Bananas
Butter or Oil
1/2 cup Confection sugar
Syrup and Butter as desired

Combine milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla. Mix until blended. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Cut bread into 2 inch slices. Cut a 1/4 inch deep slit in each half to put half slice of banana. Dip in milk/egg mixture. Place in a hot skillet with oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and roll in sugar and cinnamon.

Memere's French Toast
Port Orleans - Riverside

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
12 1-inch thick bread slices (a 1 pound loaf)
Method:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and vanilla. In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Transfer mixture to a plate and set aside. In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Three slices at a time, dip the bread into the egg mixture, and fry until golden brown on both sides. Immediately dredge the hot cooked French toasts in the cinnamon sugar mixture and shake off excess. Repeat with remaining slices and oil. Serve hot with warm syrup.

Tater48

Don't know if this has been posted yet. 95 pages are a lot to go through.

Crème Brulee from Victoria & Alberts

Yield: 8 servings

2 cups heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
1 cup sugar plus ¼ cup for sprinkling
2 vanilla beans - cut in length longways and scrape seeds out with the tip of a sharp knife.
6 large egg yolks

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a 2 quart saucepan, bring the heavy cream, milk,
sugar, vanilla beans, and seeds from the vanilla beans just to a boil over medium heat.
Discard the vanilla beans or reserve them for future use.

2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks lightly. Whisk in ½ cup of the heated cream
mixture into the egg yolks very slowly(you don’t want scrambled eggs). After
tempering the eggs, slowly whisk in the remainder of the heated cream mixture.

3. Pour the mixture into a 9 or 10 inch shallow glass baking dish. Place he baking
dish in a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with hot water until it comes ½ way
up the sides of the baking dish. Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 45 to
55 minutes, or until it sets in the middle(actually took mine 65 minutes). Remove
from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Place in refrigerator and
chill for at least 3 hours, but preferably over night until the custard is very cold.

4. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the custard with the remaining ¼ cup of
sugar and caramelize the sugar with a kitchen blowtorch. Allow sugar to cool and
serve. Be careful not to leave your torch in one spot for too long, as the sugar WILL
turn black.

tigsmom

Don't know if this has been posted yet. 95 pages are a lot to go through.

Crème Brulee from Victoria & Alberts

No need to go thru all the pages, there is an Index thread that is stickied at the top as well. :wave:

And no, it wasn't posted yet thanks! :cool:

Phonedave

I don't know what the difference between your scrambled eggs and Ohanas is, but I have had the Ohana ones. They are good, but just normal eggs (at least to me)

Try this and tell me if it works.

add about 1 TBSP of cream (or milk) per egg to the mix.

beat well in a bowl

salt and pepper to taste (I believe ohana does not put pepper IN the eggs)

Get a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add the egg, stirring constantly. Now here is the important part. Take the eggs out of the pan before they are done cooking. Residual heat in the eggs will carry them over to doneness. If you cook your eggs to the point of doneness in the pan, they will end up like rubber on the plate. Ohana's eggs were pretty good, they did not seem to be overcooked steam table stuff. They were nice and creamy. If you take them out of the pan when they are TOO creamy (undercooked) they will be perfect on the plate.

-dave

Mr Toad

Granted, I have not had breakfast at O'hana, but I am thinking they use a sausage you probably can't buy easily outside of Hawaii and the Western US-Portugese Sausage. But it would be a Hawaiian style Portugese sausage. Bar none, best sausage ever!! Being from Hawaii, I am hoping that is what O'hana is using.

SewIn2Disney

Finally! I totally agree with you---those eggs are AMAZING, and when I tell people that it was the best scrambled egg ever they look at me like I'm nuts!
If you find out anything, do tell!

Tatania

I want to find the fried chicken recipe for Prime Time Cafe.

~G

Fried Chicken
50's Prime Time Cafe - Disney-MGM Studios

Ingredients:
Whole chicken cut into 1/8's (2 , 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs)
Western Breading (below)

Wash chicken off. Completely cover chicken with Western Breading. Deep fry until done.

Western Breading:
3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup soy flour
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 oz whole dry eggs
1 tbsp red pepper
2 oz non-fat dry milk

Combine all ingredients together. Coat chicken with breading.

tigsmom

Fried Chicken
50's Prime Time Cafe - Disney-MGM Studios

Ingredients:
Whole chicken cut into 1/8's (2 , 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs)
Western Breading (below)

Wash chicken off. Completely cover chicken with Western Breading. Deep fry until done.

Western Breading:
3/4 cup wheat flour
3/4 cup soy flour
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 oz whole dry eggs
1 tbsp red pepper
2 oz non-fat dry milk

Combine all ingredients together. Coat chicken with breading.

Once again you have come thru for us! :sohappy::sohappy:
Thanks! :king:

tigsmom

Received this in today's email - from the Swan & Dolphin (doesn't say which restaurant :shrug: )

Grilled Chicken Breast

0609l.jpg

Ingredients:
1 Each 6 Oz. Chicken Breast
1/2 Oz. Pea Shoot
1/4 Oz. Julienne Carrots
1/4 Oz. Julienne Yellow Peppers
1/4 Oz. Julienne Red Peppers
1 Each Sourdough Crostini (grilled)
4 Oz. Heirloom Tomato (diced)
1 Oz. White Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 Oz. Lemon Olive Oil
1/4 Oz. Basil (chiffonade)
1/4 Oz. Parmesan (shredded)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Method of Preparation:
Mark the chicken on the grill and cook at 350° until the chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°. Mix pea shoots, carrots and peppers. Toss with lemon oil and season to taste. Toss tomatoes with vinaigrette and basil.

Presentation:
Place the grilled chicken breast in the center of a serving plate. Place grilled crostini on one corner of the plate. Place tossed tomatoes on top of crostini and garnish with parmesan. Place tossed vegetables on the other corner of the plate. Serve.

Serves: 1

*** Index updated thru this post

toetheline29

I had some of the best cookies I've ever had at Disney this last trip, and they were the plain chocolate chip packaged ones sold nearly everywhere, I think under the name Minnie's Bakery. The chocolate chips were amazing and tasted so unusual, and the dough was surprisingly soft and sort of underbaked looking. I know that getting a recipe for a prepackaged item like that is probably impossible, but I gotta figure out what makes them so amazing!

I know what you mean - those are the best cookies I've ever had! My group really liked the raspberry white chocolate ones too.

I did some searching when I came back from the last trip, and I think I found the company that makes these cookies. Here's a link to their web site, with pictures of the cookies: http://www.selmas.com/meetthecookies.html . You can order cookies from their web site, but they're not exactly cheap ($24.95 for a dozen; I imagine shipping is extra). Since they're made by a company other than Disney, I guess the chances of getting a recipe for them is pretty slim :(.

But, in case someone is interested in trying to create a similar recipe, you can find the ingredient lists and nutritional information on that page as well. (I'm not gifted enough in the kitchen, or I'd give it a go myself :))

tigsmom

I think many people would be surprised to find out just how many "Disney Goodies" are really pre packaged and reheated in WDW kitchens or boxed in Disney boxes for sale at WDW by the manufacture .

Thanks for the info :cool:

SewIn2Disney

Does anyone have any information on the Green Tea Pudding that is served at Teppan Edo in Japan? I love Green Tea Ice Cream----but the pudding they serve there is AMAZING!
Thanks for any info you guys can get!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom