Recipe???

tigsmom

Has anyone ever received the recipe for the tuna salad in the Columbia Harbor House's Anchors Aweigh sandwich?

I've seen few recipes from there. I just did a search and did not come up with it, sorry. I have not eaten there so I cannot even begin to help, maybe some of our other members can. I am going to request this recipe, but as I stated earlier they have not been very forthcoming with recipes lately. :(

DormaNesbit

I just wanted to thank tigsmom and tatania for everything that you do for this thread. It is amazing. We have made this weekend, Chicken Asiago Pasta and Chicken Jambalaya. We are all very full in this house and again I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful recipes!!:wave:

EvilQueen-T

the last time we were at chefs de france in epcot for lunch my dh had their classic ham and cheese sandwich (on menu croque monsieur). does anyone have the recipe? i am especially intereseted in what ingredient brands they used. thanks a bunch.

tigsmom

I just wanted to thank tigsmom and tatania for everything that you do for this thread. It is amazing. We have made this weekend, Chicken Asiago Pasta and Chicken Jambalaya. We are all very full in this house and again I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful recipes!!:wave:

You're more than welcome! Disney & cooking are my passions so why not combine them? :lol:

Love the Chicken Asiago Pasta :slurp: Haven't tried the Jambalaya yet though as I'm the only one her who likes that sort of thing.

the last time we were at chefs de france in epcot for lunch my dh had their classic ham and cheese sandwich (on menu croque monsieur). does anyone have the recipe? i am especially intereseted in what ingredient brands they used. thanks a bunch.

I looked around and could not find this recipe. The sandwich itself is very easy to make (many recipes on the net), but many times the brand of ingredients that Disney uses is not available to the general public.

tigsmom

I wish it was by post number rather than by page number. I don't use the default setting for the number of posts-per-page. (10 posts is far too few a page, so I use 20 or 25 or something.) Unfortunately makes the index useless. :(

I use 40 per page and switch when using the recipe thread/Index. It wouldn't be too hard to add in the post #, but you'll have to give me a bit to do it, we're on vacation and have company. I'm still working on the request list as well, that's a bit harder. :wave:

EvilQueen-T

Crouque Monsieur: Chefs de France, Epcot

Croque Monsieur: Chefs de France, Epcot

MAKES: 4 sandwiches

2 tablespoons minced shallots
2 to 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
1/4 cup milk or whipping cream
6 ounces gruyère cheese, shredded (1
1/2 cups)
4 slices of Gruyère cheese, thickly sliced
1/16 teaspoon fresh-grated or ground nutmeg
8 slices firm white bread (thickly sliced)

1/4 pound sliced cooked ham (they use an un-named imported french ham)
Shredded provolone, parmesan and Swiss mixed together

1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir shallots in 1-tablespoon butter. Stir often until golden, about 3 minutes. Add flour; stir until blended. Remove from heat and add broth and milk; whisk to blend well. Return to heat and whisk until mixture is boiling vigorously. Remove from heat and add cheese and nutmeg; stir until cheese is melted. Pour sauce into a bowl.

2. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice and lay buttered sides down on a sheet pan. Divide half the cheese sauce equally among 4 slices; spread sauce to edges. Lay ham, cheese equally over sauce, top with the remaining bread slices.

3. Place the provolone, parmesan and Swiss cheese on top of the bread and bake in the oven until cheese is melted.

It's easy to look at this as a simple grilled ham and cheese but the taste was to DIE for. One of the best lunches I've had in a long time.

Oh... one of my favorite cheese to use on a cheese plate is a soft goat cheese, and the one served at Chefs de France is fabulous. I found out they use Chevre Fromage Soignon which is a French goat cheese they have imported.

tigsmom

Croque Monsieur: Chefs de France, Epcot

MAKES: 4 sandwiches

2 tablespoons minced shallots
2 to 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
1/4 cup milk or whipping cream
6 ounces gruyère cheese, shredded (1
1/2 cups)
4 slices of Gruyère cheese, thickly sliced
1/16 teaspoon fresh-grated or ground nutmeg
8 slices firm white bread (thickly sliced)

1/4 pound sliced cooked ham (they use an un-named imported french ham)
Shredded provolone, parmesan and Swiss mixed together

1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir shallots in 1-tablespoon butter. Stir often until golden, about 3 minutes. Add flour; stir until blended. Remove from heat and add broth and milk; whisk to blend well. Return to heat and whisk until mixture is boiling vigorously. Remove from heat and add cheese and nutmeg; stir until cheese is melted. Pour sauce into a bowl.

2. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice and lay buttered sides down on a sheet pan. Divide half the cheese sauce equally among 4 slices; spread sauce to edges. Lay ham, cheese equally over sauce, top with the remaining bread slices.

3. Place the provolone, parmesan and Swiss cheese on top of the bread and bake in the oven until cheese is melted.

It's easy to look at this as a simple grilled ham and cheese but the taste was to DIE for. One of the best lunches I've had in a long time.

Oh... one of my favorite cheese to use on a cheese plate is a soft goat cheese, and the one served at Chefs de France is fabulous. I found out they use Chevre Fromage Soignon which is a French goat cheese they have imported.

Thanks for the recipe! :king:

Did you just get this from from a Disney Chef? They have not been sending out any answers in the past few months

EvilQueen-T

a very nice person put me in touch with a way to contact chefs de france via email and i must have caught them on a slow day. i got the recipe and the answer to my cheese question via email from chefs de france.

tigsmom

a very nice person put me in touch with a way to contact chefs de france via email and i must have caught them on a slow day. i got the recipe and the answer to my cheese question via email from chefs de france.

Maybe they will be sending more recipes out :shrug: Thanks!

For those of you who would like to request recipes you can use this link...

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Please remember that some recipes are "secret" and will not be shared. :cool:

tigsmom

From a request in a separate thread...

Chaka Laka
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium size Spanish onion chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala
4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt

In heavy stainless steel pot heat oil and add onions and cook over medium high heat until they color lightly (about 5-7 minutes).
Add garam masala and cook another minute.
Add tomatoes, jalapeno, sugar, and salt and cook for about 5 minutes.

Note: Garam Masala is a blend of ground spices usually used in Indian Cuisine. You can make your own or buy it commercially prepared.

Index updated thru this posting.

tigsmom

Found some new recipes listed on allears

Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich
Boardwalk Bakery

Makes 4 sandwiches
4 each Foccacia Rolls

16 ounces Fresh mozzarella cheese
4 teaspoons Pesto mayonnaise
¼ pound Fresh arugula

Method of Preparation:

1. Split foccacia bun.
2. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto mayonnaise on each bun bottom.
3. Place 1 ounce Arugula on top of mayo.
4. Arrange 3 slices mozzarella cheese and top with 2-3 oven dried tomato slices.
5. Top with bun and Enjoy!

Pesto Mayonnaise

Ingredients:
½ cup Mayonnaise
3 teaspoons Basil Pesto (found in your local supermarket)

Method of Preparation:

In a small mixing bowl place mayo and pesto. Mix until well incorporated.

Oven Dried Tomatoes
Ingredients:

3 each Vine ripe tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method of Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Wash tomatoes and dry well, remove core.
3. Slice tomatoes into ¾ inch slices and place on baking sheet.
4. Combine garlic and olive oil and brush tomatoes with it. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Roast for about 1 hour (note: tomatoes should be browned and juicy).

Cheddar Cheese Soup
Le Cellier, Canada - Epcot

UPDATED 8/09

Ingredients:

½ Pound apple wood smoked Bacon (cut into ½” pieces)

4 Tablespoons butter

1 Diced red onion (about 1 cup)

3 Diced celery stalks (about 1 cup)

1 Cup all purpose flour

3 Cups chicken stock

4 Cups whole milk

1 Pound aged white Cheddar cheese (shaved or grated)

1 Tablespoon salt (to taste)

1 Tablespoon pepper

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 Tablespoon Tabasco sauce

1 cup warm beer

Method of preparation:

The number one rule in Cheddar cheese soup is “Low and slow”. This recipe takes about an hour to make, and if you try to turn the heat up and rush it, you will only ruin your work

The number two rule is “Keep stirring”. This is a soup that can burn, and takes a lot of tender loving care. When in doubt, “Keep stirring".

1. In a large Soup pot (At least 1 ½ Gallon) render down the bacon. All you are looking to do here is to liquefy the fat in the bacon, you are not trying to brown it.

2. Add the Butter and melt it.

3. Add the Onion and Celery and sauté until onions to start to get translucent.

4. Dust this with flour and mix to form a roux. Keep stirring until all of the flour has been incorporated.

5. Add chicken stock, slowly, while constantly stirring. You are looking for something resembling a gravy at this point. It's going to be very thick.

6. Next add milk, again slowly, while constantly stirring. This should significantly lighten up your soup at this point.

7. Turn heat up slightly, it's time to melt the cheese. Add cheese very slowly in small amounts, while stirring constantly. Allow each portion of cheese to melt away before adding the next. Keep stirring.

8. Now add salt and pepper. Be very careful with your salt. There is a lot of salt in your bacon, and possibly even in your chicken stock.

9. Next add Worcestershire , Tabasco, and beer. Keep stirring.

10. Turn down the heat slightly and let simmer or serve. You can garnish each bowl with some finely chopped bacon and chives.

When you are reheating this soup (especially in a microwave) you need to remember the 2 rules. “Low and slow” and “Keep stirring” you want to be constantly stirring this to ensure it blends evenly.

*** to me this seems like a transcription of the video that has been posted on the net.

tigsmom

Got this in my email today

Ragu Bolognese
Swan & Dolphin Resorts

Ingredients:
2 Lbs. Ground Veal
1/2 Lb. Ground Pancetta
2 Onions (small, diced)
6 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Cup Celery (grated)
1 Cup Carrots (grated)
1 Tsp. Rosemary
1 Tsp. Thyme
1 Tsp. Anchovy Paste
1 Cup White Wine
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Heavy Cream

Method of Preparation:
Sauté ground veal and pancetta. Remove from pan and drain fat. Using the same pan, add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook thoroughly for 15 minutes. Add rosemary, thyme and anchovy paste. Return cooked meat to the pan and add white wine. Reduce the heat and add tomato sauce. Simmer for 1.5 hours. Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes.

Presentation:
Serve with pappardelle (wide noodles with rippled sides) or your favorite pasta.

Serves: 6

0809.jpg

Index updated thru this post

ann0d

I have a very unusual request. Back in 1982 we went to the Empress Room on the Empress Lily Riverboat, and I had the best dessert - I believe it was called Chocolate Bell Cake - If anyone could get this recipe I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

tigsmom

I have a very unusual request. Back in 1982 we went to the Empress Room on the Empress Lily Riverboat, and I had the best dessert - I believe it was called Chocolate Bell Cake - If anyone could get this recipe I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I was able to find a few recipes from the Empress Lily, but not this one. I'll keep looking :wave:

EvilQueen-T

Garry Reich was the chef when the empress lily opened. i haven't had time to do a big search but maybe the recipe could be located under his name somewhere. maybe he's done a cookbook or if someone has one of the older disney cookbooks they could check?

EvilQueen-T

does anyone have the recipe for the ahi tuna from narrcoossee's? on the menu it's titled, "Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna Sticky Rice, Wasabi Tobiko, Wakame, Soy Glaze, and Vegetable Rolls". my daughter drools over the thought of having it again. unfortunately she's not going with me when i go back in december...my biggest problem is that i am the absolute WORST person at remembering to ask for the recipe when i'm actually there. pixie dust just gets me that way i guess :p.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom