Recipe???

DVCMommy

These are all wonderful, I'm inspired to go a-searchin' for my favorite Electric Umbrella recipes now! If I find them, I know where to post them!!!

Many thanks for all the hard work ~

prberk

Wow! This thread is great. Thanks for all the recipes and just amazing info. here, and thanks to "tigsmom" for showing me this thread on my own thread about the salad dressing from Liberty Tree Tavern!

Amazing!

tigsmom

A soup recipe because its a miserable November day here in NY.

Onion Soup
Concourse Steakhouse -- Contemporary Resort

10 ounces beef consommé
5 each sweet onions
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white wine
10 ounces chicken broth
10 ounces apple cider may be replaced by chicken stock
1/2 loaf country bread
kosher salt to taste
white pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
6 each sliced provolone
6 oz scallions
5 each spanish onions

Trim ends off each onion. Then slice from end to end. Remove peel and finely slice into half moon shapes. Set electric skillet to 300 degrees and add butter. Once butter is melted add a layer of onions and sprinkle with salt Repeat layering of onions and salt until all onions are in skillet. Do not stir. Leave the onions in the pot for 15-20 minutes. (Allow the onions to sweat down.) Stir occasionally until the onions are golden brown and reduce to approximately 2 cups.

This process will take about 45 min to an hour. Add enough wine to cover the onions and turn heat to high reducing the wine to a syrup consistency. Add consommé, chicken stock and the optional apple cider. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 min. Add the scallions chopped. Cut the bread into fine slices and toast them.

Place the soup in 6 single oven proof bowls, top with crouton, provolone cheese and parmesan grated. Place in preheated oven 375 degrees. Bake until cheese has melted and is brown.
Ready to serve.

tigsmom

:slurp:

Beignets
Port Orleans French Quarter Food Court

1 pk Dry yeast
1/2 C Sugar
2 lg. Eggs
7 C Flour
1 1/2C Warm water
1 tsp Salt
1 C Undiluted evaporated milk
1/4 C Soft shortening
Oil; for frying
Confectioner's sugar

In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir to dissolve.
Add sugar, salt, eggs, and milk. Blend with rotary beater.
Add 4 cups of the flour, beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and thoroughly blended. Beat in the shortening, then add the remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating it in with a spoon until it becomes too stiff to stir, then working in the rest with your hands.

Cover and chill overnight. Roll out on floured board to 1/8" thickness. Cut into 2 1/2" squares. Deep fry at 360 degrees 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle heavily with confectioner's sugar.

Makes about 5 dozen.

Dough keeps well in refrigerator for several days. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and punch down occasionally.

tigsmom

A little something for Thanksgiving...this is how my mom always made them.

Sweet Potato Mash
from House of Blues, Downtown Disney

Yield: 10 servings.

1 1/4 gallons water for boiling potatoes
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/8 cup milk

Peel and trim potatoes.

Cut into chunks and place in pot of boiling water.

While potatoes cook, combine cream and milk with butter and salt and white pepper

. Let cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.

When potatoes are fork tender, drain in a colander and pour into a large mixing bowl.

Mash potatoes.

Add cream mixture and continue mashing until the desired consistency is reached.

tigsmom

Anyone hungry?

ETHIOPIAN BREAD SALAD
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 loaf 7 Grain Bread, cubed and toasted (croutons)
1 ½ each Whole Tomato, cubed
1 each Cucumber, cubed
1 each Garlic Clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon Ground Ginger
½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/8 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
½ each Bermuda Onion, cubed

Method:

Prepare vegetables as indicated.

In a bowl combine vegetables with ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin, and balsamic vinegar. Top with toasted croutons.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I went to Disney over the weekend and conned some recipes out of the chef!!! The first one is the Shrimp dish I really like, but I may need some help as to what would be in herb butter???
2 lbs Large Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
12 oz quartered artichoke hearts
3 lbs cooked Penne Pasta
6 oz shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 oz cooking oil
12 oz Kalamata Olives
6 oz diced fresh tomatoes
18 oz herb butter
1 oz chopped chives
Kosher salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

In a large Saute pan over medium-high heat add oil and saute the shrimp, olives, artichokes and tomatoes until hot about 1-2 minutes. Add herb butter, stir constantly until butter is melted into a creamy consistency. Pour over hot pasta and top with Parmesan cheese and chives.

tigsmom

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey everyone, I went to Disney over the weekend and conned some recipes out of the chef!!! The first one is the Shrimp dish I really like, but I may need some help as to what would be in herb butter???

An Herb butter is just butter that has been softened & chopped fresh herbs are stirred thru and then it is chilled again. The types of herbs used usually depend on the ethnicity of the dish. What was it closest too...maybe we can come up with a blend. How about the taste...any guess on what was used?
What was it called maybe we can find it in the archives.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hey TigsMom!!! I Knew I could count on you for a good answer!!! I know that herb butter is just butter with herbs put into it. Problem is which ones!! I Am not that familiar with herbs to be able to differentiate one from the other while I Am chowing down. And that day I was STARVING so it was literally Chowing down!!! My wonderful cousin, Laura,who is a trained chef, said she would probably use a garlic and parsley type of mix, but I think there was more to it than that. The recipe actually says specifically herb butter, but doesnt provide the ingredients for it!!! I didnt notice it until I was already back in NYC!!!! I didnt think that was very funny, but Im sure Mom over at the 50's Prime Time did!!! If any one is heading over there anytime soon, please try to shake them down for the ingredients!! Thanks!! Belle

tigsmom

Garlic & parsley is a good start. Maybe some basil? It does have tomatoes in it. Tarragon is also good with seafood. Maybe experiment with small amounts & see which tastes the most like the original.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Also any thoughts on how many portions this would make?? It seems like quite a bit of pasta to me!!! Also I agreed with my friend Richie, that the amount of the shrimp, olives and artichokes should be increased a little on all three!!! Just our humble opinion!!! Belle

tigsmom

Since restaurant portions tend to be larger than normal I would say 8-10 servings.

There are 20-30 large shrimp/pound...40-60 shrimp in this recipe.
Most servings are of 5 or 6 shrimp/serving.
Three pounds of pasta normally feeds 12 people, but again restaurants use larger portions as a filler.

Can't say on the veggies...they really are just an accent for flavor, increasing them is up to your taste. I I personally would leave out the artichoke. Increasing the shrimp is totally up to you also...I could eat a pound of shrimp myself.
:D

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Stitch79
Here is a new one that was posted recently.....you can see the full recipe and even a video of the chef making it here: Clicky

These are the ingredients

Coconut Curried Chicken Stew from Boma at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 4 servings

1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
Salt and ground pepper to taste
2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder, toasted
3 tablespoons canola oil
6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup flour
4 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup canned, diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup each, diced chunky: potatoes red bell peppers, onions
1/2 minced jalapeno
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup each: honey, chopped cilantro
Bringing back a good thread.........

I'm going to be making this soup tonight so I'll let everyone know how it was.....

BTW does anyone have the recipe for the Oatmeal Raisin Cookies??? or a general recipe for them?

tigsmom

Disneyland's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

3 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/8 cups shortening
1 3/4 cups brown sugar packed
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups dark raisinsBlend flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in mixing bowl. Set aside until needed.
Cream shortening with brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in reserved flour mixture until well blended, about 2 minutes. Add oats and raisins. Mix until blended, about 1 minute. Using ice cream scoop (size #24), scoop out cookie dough into 4 dozen large balls. Place about 6 balls on each lightly greased baking sheet, pressing down until about 1/4-inch thick and 3 inches in diameter. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 12 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly, then remove cookies from sheets and cool on racks.

tigsmom

I love this thread. :sohappy:
From the old Village Restaurant: (from the 1986 edition of Cooking with Mickey Around the World: Walt Disney World's Most Requested Recipes. )

Mushroom and Barley Soup
(Yield: 9 cups)

1/2 cup pearl barley 2 quarts chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced 3/4 pound mushrooms, chopped (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion Salt and white pepper to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
4 tablespoons butter

Soak barley in water overnight.
Sauté garlic, onion and celery in butter until tender. Drain barley and add to vegetables. Sauté 10 minutes longer until barley becomes thick.
Add chicken broth and mushrooms and simmer, covered, until barley is tender, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

**I've never soaked barley before, its not really like beans. They also have "instant" barley (quick cooking).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom