Recipe???

TigsMom - That is not the recipe for the Kit Carson Chicken Salad at Pecos Bills - but it does sound good, I will have to try it. Thanks for the help.

Disney Family - Thanks for all the good recipes - it is fun to see which one you have. So far - they are both new to me. Keep them coming.

Samwayla

Hey guys,
Wow this is making me soo hungry. What a good thread though. Well I know a website that may be worth your while:
http://www.recipelink.com/copycat.html
On this website you will find recipes of lots of different Disney foods. Just go click on the letter D on the left hand side and find Disney. Also in Epcot there is a gift shop near innoventions, I can't think of the name. IT's that huge store in the middle of future world and they have a whole cooking section and there is a cookbook with a ton of recipes from Chef's at WDW.

Samwayla

Guess What?,
I found the Strawberry Vinagarette recipe on that site! Here it is:

Strawberry Viniagrette
The Liberty Tree Tavern, MK

17 OZ Strawberry Vinegar
1 1/2 OZ Salt
8 OZ Sugar, Granulated
4 OZ Strawberry Melba
4 OZ Dijon Mustard
Dash Tabasco Sauce
Dash White Pepper
2 QT./64 OZ Salad Oil
8 OZ Water

Place strawberry vinegar, salt, sugar, melba, mustard, tabasco, and white pepper in storage container. Using hand held blender, blend ingredients well. Add oil in four parts blending thoroughly after each fourth. Add water and blend one last time.

disneyfamily

Ok, time to get this thread kick started.

This is a recipe from my favorite places in EPCOT

Fettuccine Alfredo for L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante

1 pound fettuccine noodles, fresh
4 quarts boiling salted water
1 cup butter, softened
1/3 to 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
black pepper, freshly cracked
additional parmesan cheese as desired

Drop fettuccine noodles in boiling salted water and cook unti noodles float to top of pot (2 to 3 minutes). Drain immediately and return to pot. Top with lumps of softened butter and cheese. Toss lightly until noodles are well coated. Season with pepper and additional cheese if desired.

Serve immediately

there ya go!

Still looking for Major Domo's Pie.....help!

disneyfamily

Raspberry Vinaigrette from the Coral Reef Restaurant

1/2 pint raspberries
3/4 cup raspberry vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon german style mustard
1/2 teaspoon vinaigrette spice (recipe to follow)
2/3 cup canola oil

1. Puree the raspberries in a blender or a food processor and strain through a fine sieve into a small bowl, pressing hard on the solids: discard the solids

2.to the raspberry puree add the raspberry vinegar, sugar, mustard, and vinaigrette spice and whisk until blended.

3. Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is emulsified. Use immediately or store, cover and chilled for up to 3 days; whisk to combine just before using.

Vinaigrette spice:
in a small bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon each granulated sugar,salt and garlic powder with 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil leaves, dried tarragon leaves, dried oregano leaves, dried thyme leaves and freshly ground black pepper. yields one tablespoon

disneyfamily

Last one for today. This was a hit at our last BBQ. Its the BBQ sauce used at the Flaming Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. It is awesome. Here it is.

1 cup ketcup or catsup
1/4 cupe rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mild chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teas[ppm ground cumin seed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1. in a 2-quart saucepan comvine the ketchup,rice wine vinegar, water, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin,garlic powder and ground cloves.

2. bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, reduce the heat to low and cook at a bare simmer, stirring frequently for 35 minutes or untl thickened.

3. use immediately or store covered and chilled for up to 2 weeks

disneyfamily

Something for the sweet tooth?

Chocolate Chip Crumbcakes
Chef Andreas born
Disney's Boardwalk Bakery

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons sifted cake flour
1 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter at room temp
1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
4 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour three 3" x 5" mini loaf pans.

2. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup plus 2 teasppons of the cake flour with the cornstarch and baking powder.

3. In a medium bowl, using and electric mixer beat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup plus 2 table spoons of the butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and the lemon extract for about 5 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and adding 2 to 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture with the last egg; the mixture may seem curdled. Beat for 3 or 4 minutes or until creamy again.

4. With a rubber spatula, fold in the remaining flour mixture until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

5. In a small bowl, with a fork mix together the remaining 1/4 sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and 3/4 teaspoons vanilla. Add the remaining 1/2 cup flour and mix until crumbly.

6. Fill the prepared loaf pans with the crumb cake batter and sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top

7. Bake the crumb cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the middle of the cake springs back when touched lightly or a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

There ya go! Good luck!

disneyfamily

Is anybody even reading these?

Oh well heres another sweet one.... I've never had it at the parks but is sure sounds good and I love key lime...so here goes.

Key Lime Partait
Coral Reef Restaurant
The Living Seas
EPCOT

Ingredients:

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
3 to 4 oz key lime juice
8 oz pound cake
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
6 whole strawberries
1 kiwi, peeled, sliced in 6 slices

1. In a medium size mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine milk and egg yolks and blend at low speed. Slowly add lime juice and continue mixing until well blended.

2. Slice pound cake into 1" slices and cut to fit inside of a white wine glass. Pour key lime filling over pound cake and refigerate for at least 2 hours.

3. Whip whipping cream with powdered sugar and top each wine glass.

4. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and a slice of kiwi

Good Luck

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I am actually. I am also fowarding the pages to my friends who happen to be more cooking inclined than myself!! Belle

tigsmom

Key Lime Parfaits (without the strawberry and kiwi) :slurp:

Have you had the chance to try Major Domo's Pie yet?
Let me know how it turns out. :wave:

tigsmom

Zebra Coffee Domes from AKL

Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound milk chocolate
¼ cup espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
6 sheets gelatin
½ cup Kahlua Liqueur
4 cups heavy cream
¾ cup white chocolate ganache
¼ cup dark chocolate ganache

Method:

1. Melt milk chocolate.
2. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
3. Mix yolks with sugar.
4. Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
5. Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
7. Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
8. Fold in the rest of the cream.
9. Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
10. Place sponge circle (1/4" thick yellow cake cut in a circle) on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
11. Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
12. Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
13. Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
14. Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
15. Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
16. Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.

Note: One sheet of gelatin is equal to one teaspoon of unflavored powdered gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup of water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom