Recipe???

tigsmom

Just an update from an earlier request...

Mystery solved!

I contacted WDW customer support who responded with the following recipe.

"Here is the Disney Standard Recipe for WDW Resorts (Disneyland may be different). The variations can be the type of tequila used (most likely Sauza Gold) and the sour mix (there are 3 different types used across property).

Margarita

Preparation: Rim glass with salt. Build in shaker, shake, & pour over ice in glass.

Garnish: Lime Wedge

Well Tequila 1.25 oz
Bols Triple Sec 0.75 oz
Lime Juice 0.5 oz
Sweet and Sour Mix 3 oz"

I tried "Finest Call" brand sour mix and the recipe tasted nearly identical. I'll keep testing different mixes to see if I can perfect the recipe but it is 95% there.

tigsmom

Chai Tea Rice Pudding
Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 10 servings
Ingredients
8 Ounces Whole Milk
8 Ounces Chai Tea Mixture (see recipe below)
8 ounces Risotto (Arborio) Rice
1 quart Plain Yogurt
Mix tea and milk together and bring to a boil. Add rice and cook until soft. Cool and fold in yogurt.
Chai Tea Mixture
2 each Cardamom Pods, crushed lightly
1 ounce Cinnamon Sticks, crushed lightly
1 teaspoon black peppercorns, whole
1 ounce Brown Sugar
1 ounce Vanilla Bean Puree
1 teaspoon Earl Grey Tea, loose
8 ounces water
Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Let steep for one hour. Strain and cool.

tigsmom

Lentil and Sausage Soup
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup lentils, cooked
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1 pinch black pepper
2 pinches ground Coriander
1/8 teaspoon Curry Powder
2 pinches Nutmeg
1 cup pork sausage, chopped
1 cup Tomatoes, diced
2 quarts Beef Stock
Saute diced onions, celery, carrots, and pork sausage in olive oil. Add lentils and spices. Add beef stock and cook until lentils are soft. Add tomatoes at end of cooking process
Note: A 'pinch' is a measurement that represents the amount of spice that you can grip in the space between your thumb and index finger when you 'pinch' them together.

tigsmom

Ginger Chicken Marinade
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Polynesian
Yield: 1/2 quart marinade
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon Granulated onion
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
3 tablespoons Fresh ground ginger
To Taste Hot chili sauce
2 tablespoons Fresh minced garlic
Pinch ground black pepper
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 Bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon Five spices (Blend of: cinnamon, fennel, anise seed, crushed pepper, and diced ginger)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Wash, peel and mince the ginger. Peel and mince garlic.
2. In a food processor, combine ginger, garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, Dijon Mustard, chili, granulated onion, black pepper, salt, five spices, and cumin.
3. Blend at medium speed until smooth and pasty then slowly add Canola oil.
4. Check seasoning to taste. Add marinade to chicken pieces, mix well and store in refrigerator for 12 hours.
5. Place chicken pieces in roasting pan; set oven temperature at 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes until a nice golden brown color. (Use cooked juice to baste the chicken before serving.)Digital thermometer may be used to check cooking temperature; must be 165 degrees F and above.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Chai Tea Rice Pudding

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Yield: 10 servings

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 Ounces Whole Milk
8 Ounces Chai Tea Mixture (see recipe below)
8 ounces Risotto (Arborio) Rice
1 quart Plain Yogurt
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix tea and milk together and bring to a boil. Add rice and cook until soft. Cool and fold in yogurt.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Chai Tea Mixture
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 each Cardamom Pods, crushed lightly
1 ounce Cinnamon Sticks, crushed lightly
1 teaspoon black peppercorns, whole
1 ounce Brown Sugar
1 ounce Vanilla Bean Puree
1 teaspoon Earl Grey Tea, loose
8 ounces water
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Let steep for one hour. Strain and cool.[/FONT]​
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE Chai!!!!! Thanks Tigs Mom!!! You RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

JimboJones123

What kind of chicken? There doesn't seem to be too much out there from Jiko. :(

Chermoula Roasted, Tanglewood Chicken - with red-skin mashed potatoes, preserved lemons, kalamata olives, roasted garlic, herbs and harissa $26.00

From allearsnet

I could care less about the potatos, but the sauce and chicken flavoring was AWESOME. I would love to make it, but it may not be able to get.

dreamflight99

After longing for recipes from wdw (everything from lobster bisque in the Coral reef to the ribs at the hoop de doo) I purchased EVERY park recipe book available and released. Most every recipe is listed in these pages. I will have to get them out and do some searching through the back, but should be able to locate just about every thing and anything. I even have a kids recipe book compiled early on during the hey-dey of the chef-cooking classes available at the Disney institute--now known as the newest hotel/time share property.

If anyone has any requests---feel free to ask here or pm, I'll do my best to help!

DF99

dreamflight99

Does anyone have the recipe for Disney's delicious lime margaritas? This recipe is next to impossible to find and even more difficult to duplicate at home. Thanks.

Margarita (San Angel Inn,Epcot)

Lemon Juice
Kosher salt
4 ounces of crushed ice
7 ounces of water
1 1/2 ounces of lemon bar mix
2 1/4 ounces tequila
1 1/2 ouncea triple sec
lime juice

Dip rim of glass in lemon juice and salt. Put ice directly in glass, blend water and lemon bar mix in the blender. Add the tequila and triple sec and blend until foamy. Pour over ice. Garnish with lime juice to taste over the top, and lime slices. Deliciously refreshing!!

Enjoy~!!

dreamflight99

old closed restaurants...

Many of my listings come from long-since removed restaurants, so the archives remain in the binders of the cookbooks (thankfully). Some of the best may still be available...such as the flying fruit feast from Hurricane Hanna's Beach Club grill (poolside). The fish and chips recipe is in the book as well. Most all fish-lovers have tried this drenched cod concoction! The "milky way cake" from beaches and cream is incredible!

tigsmom

Chermoula Roasted, Tanglewood Chicken - with red-skin mashed potatoes, preserved lemons, kalamata olives, roasted garlic, herbs and harissa $26.00

From allearsnet

I could care less about the potatos, but the sauce and chicken flavoring was AWESOME. I would love to make it, but it may not be able to get.

I looked, but didn't find anything. I'll keep looking though. You can call or email Jiko directly and ask for the recipe if you would like, just be aware that they do have some secret recipes that they won't share. :wave:

tigsmom

Many of my listings come from long-since removed restaurants, so the archives remain in the binders of the cookbooks (thankfully). Some of the best may still be available...such as the flying fruit feast from Hurricane Hanna's Beach Club grill (poolside). The fish and chips recipe is in the book as well. Most all fish-lovers have tried this drenched cod concoction! The "milky way cake" from beaches and cream is incredible!

If you would like a copy of the recipe master list just PM me with your email address and I'll send it along. Also, if you would like to be put on the thread update list just let me know and I'll add you to the list for that. :wave:

JimboJones123

I looked, but didn't find anything. I'll keep looking though. You can call or email Jiko directly and ask for the recipe if you would like, just be aware that they do have some secret recipes that they won't share. :wave:

I can belive that. Something about this thing was DREAMY. I've never been "MUST HAVE" about anything at the parks before, but it was sooooooo good. I'll have to dig further. Thanks. This topic officially sponsered by Tigsmom. BTW, I tried the Canadian Cheese Soup at home. Loved it. Doing it again next week when it freezes. Tried it at WDW at the F&W fest for the first time, not as good. Thanks for all the step by step instructions.

tigsmom

I can belive that. Something about this thing was DREAMY. I've never been "MUST HAVE" about anything at the parks before, but it was sooooooo good. I'll have to dig further. Thanks. This topic officially sponsered by Tigsmom. BTW, I tried the Canadian Cheese Soup at home. Loved it. Doing it again next week when it freezes. Tried it at WDW at the F&W fest for the first time, not as good. Thanks for all the step by step instructions.

Isn't it great!? :slurp:

I have the number for the AKL if you want to see if they can connect you to Jiko...(407) 938-3000.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If you would like a copy of the recipe master list just PM me with your email address and I'll send it along. Also, if you would like to be put on the thread update list just let me know and I'll add you to the list for that. :wave:

You mean that there is a master list to this thread? :eek:
I have often searched and searched, and this was not neccesary? :hammer:

ktflisa

boma recipes

This thread is awesome! I'm a Disney fanatic and I love to cook! I'm going to surprise DH and let him guess where the recipe is from... I have some from Boma since we eat there every visit, sometimes twice. We always ask to have a few of the recipes emailed to us. this one is for their mushroom soup- I haven't tried this one yet at home - let me know if you do! It was YUMMY!

THUTHUNTSHWANE SOUP - Vegan Mushroom soup from Boma, Flavors of Africa, Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 ounce olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion (I used white)
1 lb button mushrooms
1 tblsp dried Porcini mushroom powder
1/2 gallon water
3/4 ounce vegetable base
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 ounce fresh basil
salt & pepper to taste

1. Sauté diced onions with olive oil until translucent. Add button mushrooms, dry porcini mushroom powder, water, vegetable base, fresh garlic, and seasoning.

2. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove stems from basil. Add basil leaves at the end. Then puree with an immersion blender.

3. Bring back to a boil. Combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir and add to the boiling soup while whisking continuously.

4. Adjust seasoning if needed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom