Recipe???

MickeyLuv'r

I made the cobbler and it was excellent! The second time, I used apples and blueberries! And it was also great. I think the recipe I used was slighthly different though, as it only called for two cups of berries. (two cups was not enough). Also, I used mini- springform pans, and came out with individual sized servings, which worked very well.

tigsmom

MickeyLuv'r said:
I made the cobbler and it was excellent! The second time, I used apples and blueberries! And it was also great. I think the recipe I used was slighthly different though, as it only called for two cups of berries. (two cups was not enough). Also, I used mini- springform pans, and came out with individual sized servings, which worked very well.

Thanks for the feedback & ideas. :wave:

tigsmom

Chicken Asiago Pasta Disney's All-Star Resort

Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

Ingredients:

2 quarts water
1/2 tsp kosher salt
12 oz. dry penne rigate pasta
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded and cut into 2 inch strips
2 Tblsp olive oil
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch strips
3/4 cup olive oil
1 Tblsp minced garlic, or to taste
1 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach, lightly packed
2 cups grated Asiago cheese
13/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Pour water into 4-quart pot. Bring to boil over medium high heat. Once water is boiling add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add pasta. Stir to prevent sticking. Once water comes back to boil, lower heat until water is simmering. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. While pasta cooks, mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.

3. Heat sauté pan over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once oil is hot (not smoking), carefully place chicken strips into the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes or until chicken is golden on bottom side. Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken strips over and continue to cook for 5 minutes.

4. While chicken is cooking, mix together sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 cup olive oil, and the garlic. Add the spinach.

5. Once chicken is cooked, place both the chicken and hot pasta into bowl with sun-dried tomatoes, then add cheeses and toss to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The heat from the chicken and pasta will melt the cheeses.

Disnut

I am making the Triple Chocolate Moose Stampede this morning. Can anyone tell me if you can freeze it at any point in time. Or just freeze the chocolate cake before the next steps or what. I need the cake finished by Thursday and it will be traveling 150 miles with me of course.

rosebud's mom

Just returned recently. I bought the cooking With Mickey - Volume II, but NONE of the recipes I was looking for are included ! Here are my requests, and I'm crossing my fingers that someone - (cough, cough, Tigs Mom ) might be able to help me out ! :lol:

We stayed at Riverside, and I was disappointed to learn that they no longer make Pecan Pralines. That's one.

Two - my husband LOVED the blackened tuna steaks at the Trail's End. He raves about the seasoning rub. That's two.

Everyone loved the Yukon Gold smashed potatoes. That's three.

I will be trying out my cookbook over the next few weeks. There are a lot of yummy sounding recipes in it. I'll test them on the family first, then let you all know what was successful !

rosebud's mom

Sorry - I forgot the most important one of all. We enjoyed the Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway at Epcot. They start you out with a plate of warm cinnamon buns with a delicious creamy carmel icing/sauce. My 4 year old daughter is EXTREMELY tiny for her age. She isn't a picky eater at all - she eats anything you offer her - but she just doesn't eat much quantity-wise. She ate FIVE of these rolls and asked for more !! ( each one is approximately 5 inches in diameter !) Our server even laughed about how she couldn't understand how such a tiny girl could hold so much !

I'm going to try to contact guest relations and see if I can get this one, but it never hurts to ask here in case someone already has it.

tigsmom

rosebud's mom said:
Just returned recently. I bought the cooking With Mickey - Volume II, but NONE of the recipes I was looking for are included ! Here are my requests, and I'm crossing my fingers that someone - (cough, cough, Tigs Mom ) might be able to help me out ! :lol:

We stayed at Riverside, and I was disappointed to learn that they no longer make Pecan Pralines. That's one.

Two - my husband LOVED the blackened tuna steaks at the Trail's End. He raves about the seasoning rub. That's two.

Everyone loved the Yukon Gold smashed potatoes. That's three.

I will be trying out my cookbook over the next few weeks. There are a lot of yummy sounding recipes in it. I'll test them on the family first, then let you all know what was successful !
Did a quick search and didn't find any of them. I'll keep looking when I have more time & get back to you. I've never eaten there and even though we always say we will we just never seem to get there.

SewIn2Disney

Hello all, happy holidays!
I just made the Triple Chocolate Moose Stampede from the Wilderness Lodge for my Dad's B-day today.
(Link for recipie: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rec_tcms.htm )

We haven't had it yet, but judging by all the bowls I licked it's gonna be good!
Just a word of caution for anyone baking this. The directions leave out some things.
A) Does not call for a specific pie pan. I used two 9-inch circle pans, and cut each cake into two layers, to make it a 4-layer cake.
B) It says to chill the moose for two hours. It never says to whip it though. It needs to be wipped in order to hold it's self.
C) It never tells you how to make the ganache. You need to melt all 4 ingredients over medium heat and let cool until it's a smooth, pouring consistincy.
D) The simple syrup can be cut in half, and still have more then enough. (Instead of 2 cups of everything, we used 1 cup of everything and it was fine)

That being said.....it really looks great, just letting you know of some recipie changes, and I'll post everyone's comments tonight after we try it!

SewIn2Disney

All Ears Net has two new recipies!
Oreo Bon Bon's -- From Cape May Cafe......these sound amazing
Ingredients

For the mousse:
16 oz. heavy cream
6 egg yolks
16 oz. white chocolate
4 gelatin sheets or 2 tbs. powdered gelatin place in 3 oz water
1 dozen Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
3 dozen Oreo Cookies (whole)

For the ganache:
16 oz. dark chocolate
16 oz. heavy cream

1. Prepare the mousse: Melt chocolate. Whip 16 oz. heavy cream until consistency of ice cream.

2. Place gelatin in cold water. Heat egg yolks until warm; add chocolate, stirring constantly.

3. Place gelatin in microwave until gelatin is dissolved. While gelatin is heating, add one third of heavy cream to the egg yolk and white chocolate mixture; mix well.

4. Add a little of the cream to the heated gelatin and mix well, then add both the gelatin mixture and the chocolate mixture to the remaining whipped cream and fold until incorporated.

5. Fold in crumbled cookies, mixing well. Let mousse set up, around 2-4 hours.

6. Prepare the ganache: Over light heat, melt 16 oz. chocolate into 16 oz. of heavy cream, mixing until combined.

7. To serve: Place 3 dozen Oreo cookies on a sheet pan. Pipe mousse onto cookies, and dip into ganache.

And.....
PB&J Shakes from 50's prime time cafe

Ingredients

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons grape jelly
1/4 cup milk
3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

Method:

1. Combine peanut butter and jelly in a small bowl, mixing well.

2. Combine milk, ice cream, and peanut butter mixture in container of an electric blender.

3. Process mixture until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.

I promise.....I'm done posting for now....I'll leave you alone!

SewIn2Disney

Oh man.....the cake was gooooood! It is so rich, we can only eat small pieces at a time. We brought a chunk to a friend of ours (If we eat the entire cake ourselves, you'd have to roll us out of the house) and she said it was heavenly.
It has my seal of approval! (I just had some for breakfast...shhhhhh)

VampireZombie

I got back from wdw on wednesday and had a great trip. I have found a new food!! EGG NOG SHAKES!! And im wondering if anyone has or can get the recipe for me. thanks

Slosh

so I just managed to track down this thread - the fried stuffed french toast was enough to get me to read the entire thing from beginning to end. someone was asking about a blackening seasoning for fish, I don't know what Disney uses, but most restaurants I've worked in just use a premixed commercial cajun spice. The real secret though is to get a dry pan (preferably cast iron) screaming hot and sear the spiced side of the fish until it no longer sticks. finish in the oven.

I also saw someone asking about a molten chocolate cake, again, no Disney recipe, but I've got one if its still wanted.

SewIn2Disney

Since we're starting off the new year with some requests, I'm gonna add in my own. I don't know if I've asked for this before, but it can't hurt to ask again....I'm looking for the Scallops O'Gratin (sp?) from Spoodles. I just checked the menu on All Ears Net to see how it is spelled, and it's not on the menu. (Along with my favorite, the Salmon with the frizzled onions) The menu says its from November 2004, and that was the exact last time we were there, and we had both then.....hmmmm.....
Anyway, any help would be great!

tigsmom

For some reason recipes from Spoodles are hard to come by. I've checked all my resources and can't find any recipe for Scallops Au Gratin (though I found a pic & it looks yummy).

tigsmom

Well, its a nasty Northeast day so I'm in the mood to bake & cook. How do these sound?

Cinnamon Yummies
BoardWalk Bakery
Serves 4
For the sweet dough:
¾ cup flour
2¼ cups bread flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon powdered milk
¾ teaspoon salt
6½ tablespoons butter, softened
1 package dry active yeast (¼ oz.)
2 eggs
½ cup water
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until combined. Turn the dough out onto work surface and knead until soft and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 30 minutes.
For the pan smear:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
6 tablespoons light brown sugar
1½ tablespoons cinnamon
1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ cup light corn syrup
While the sweet dough rests, prepare the pan smear. Cream together butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl. Add the corn syrup and mix well until blended. Spread into bottom of a 9- by 9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
For the filling:
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
Place the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and stir with a fork until well mixed. Set aside.
When the dough is ready, roll it out into a rectangle about 6 by 12 inches and ½ thick. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting with the short end, roll the dough into a log shape, keeping it tight. Seal the edge by pinching the dough together. Slice the roll into four pieces and place them in the pan on top of the smear. Cover with plastic and let rise until doubled, about 1½ to 2 hours
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto a large plate and serve immediately

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom