Reader’s Corner

Songbird76

I finished Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. We read it for my book club. None of us liked it, so that was a bust. I also read Tom Sawyer again. Now I'm planning on reading the Book of Matt by Stephen Jimenez. I'm very nervous about this one because I was going to college in Laramie when Matt was murdered and my brother was a friend of Matt's. My brother has told me a bit about the book and says that it's pretty much completely fictional and the author made some pretty far out there claims that make zero sense. But I want to read it and see what it says. I'm sure I know some of the people who will be mentioned in it, and I'm just kind of anxious about it. We shall see.

BuddyThomas

Since its October I've downloaded some horror for the month. Today I read The Pram by Joe Hill and Ankle Snatchers by Grady Hendrix, both short stories. I enjoyed both but I think The Pram was slightly scarier and probably the one that will keep me awake tonight!
Grady Hendrix has turned out to be a fantastic horror writer. His latest one might be his best:

846CCF46-976D-4C88-B0C9-64382E4E5707.jpeg

sheriffwoody

Grady Hendrix has turned out to be a fantastic horror writer. His latest one might be his best:

View attachment 751074
Ok so I really liked The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires but someone told me this newest one is more gruesome and I'm scared to try it! The rat scene in Southern Book Club made me actually nauseous :hilarious: Reading about severed limbs, nbd but rats...no.

erstwo

Ok so I really liked The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires but someone told me this newest one is more gruesome and I'm scared to try it! The rat scene in Southern Book Club made me actually nauseous :hilarious: Reading about severed limbs, nbd but rats...no.
Oh gosh. I had almost forgotten about the trauma of reading that book.
The neighbor at the trash cans, the racing to shut the windows, the rats, the pieces at the end.
Several friends said they thought it was a clever and funny (???) book - but not to me! Had completely forgotten it until now.

Minnesota disney fan

I guess I'm joining in at a late date.
I am an avid reader and have one or two books on my chairside table. I love to re-read a series that I really enjoyed.
I am an avid fan of Preston/Child, especially the Pendergast series. I like mysteries with a twist and non-conventional characters. Another author that I love is Suzanne Brockman. She writes mostly romantic/action series based on the Navy Seals. They are fun reads and very informative about the Navy Seals and what they go through to become Seals.
Another favorite author is Pat Conroy. Just a couple of his books are The Great Santini and East of Broad. He writes about Charlestown, SC in his books. He is one of the most interesting authors I have ever read, and I've read a lot:) His way of writing is so poetic and beautiful. His way with words is wonderful. If you haven't tried one of his books, I would highly recommend it. There are other authors I love too.
I really am not a fan of the romantic novels and lean towards mysteries with a different twist and some romance. I also like an author who can write funny, which is not easy to do.
Thanks for starting this thread. I am enjoying it very much and intend to read some Ann Pachett books.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I guess I'm joining in at a late date.
I am an avid reader and have one or two books on my chairside table. I love the re-read a series that I really enjoyed.
I am an avid fan of Preston/Child, especially the Pendergast series. I like mysteries with a twist and non-conventional characters. Another author that I love is Suzanne Brockman. She writes mostly romantic/action series based on the Navy Seals. They are fun reads and very informative about the Navy Seals and what they go through to become Seals.
Another favorite author is Pat Conroy. Just a couple of his books are The Great Santini and East of Broad. He writes about Charlestown, SC in his books. He is one of the most interesting authors I have ever read, and I've read a lot:) His way of writing is so poetic and beautiful. His way with words is wonderful. If you haven't tried one of his books, I would highly recommend it. There are other authors I love too.
I really am not a fan of the romantic novels and lean towards mysteries with a different twist and some romance. I also like an author who can write funny, which is not easy to do.
Thanks for starting this thread. I am enjoying it very much and intend to read some Ann Pachett books.

I've enjoyed some Suzanne Brockman books as well. We read one of them for my book club.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Actually has anyone else read Utopia by Lincoln Child? Criminals take over a hi-tec theme park! It's an interesting an enjoyable read. I've re read it a couple of times in the run up to a disney trip even though it's not exactly how I want my trips to go😂
Loved it also . Great premise and good writing.
If you liked that I would recommend Matthew Reilly .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom