Reader’s Corner

lisak09

Since its October I've downloaded some horror for the month. Today I read The Pram by Joe Hill and Ankle Snatchers by Grady Hendrix, both short stories. I enjoyed both but I think The Pram was slightly scarier and probably the one that will keep me awake tonight!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-203456_Goodreads.jpg
    Screenshot_20231004-203456_Goodreads.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231004-203500_Goodreads.jpg
    Screenshot_20231004-203500_Goodreads.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Have you read the Irish Born (Born in Fire, Born in Ice, Born in Shame) series by Nora Roberts? We read those for book club and they were really enjoyable. Gave me another reason to want to go to Ireland.
I've lost count of how many times I've read that series. Still.have my 1990s paperbacks, and on kindle as well. Nora does Ireland so amazingly well, when I'm missing it and my family there, I pull.up either the Irish Born or Dark Witch trilogies. Its like being there.
Yes, I love that one. She also has a different trilogy set in Ireland that I loved, too. The Irish Trilogy: Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea.
I normally love any of Nora Roberts' books, especially the ones set in Ireland, but didn't care for that series. Jude in the first one was such a wimpy wet blanket, Darcy was so self-centered (I think that was the name of the singer in the third book), and the mechanically inclined young lady in the middle.book was just too combative.
View attachment 742239
My book this week. Not sure what to say. I always enjoy Ann Patchett. She is such a talent, but this was just a solidly good book. I tend to think it wasn’t a ‘great’ book but then I’m still mulling some things over in my mind.
I liked this one way better than The Dutch House (I Never got over the description of the house at the beginning of durch house) However, this one was sweet with a random twist at the end that really had no impact on the overall story so I’m still trying to figure out why it was in there.
I had some friends that went to her Nashville talk/ presentation to intro this book in July. I’m going to ask if she gave any insight.
Saw that book today in Costco.
I fall into a few of those categories.
I counted six that apply to me.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Well, if we both finish it in the next ten days (unlikely, considering how slow he reads) I could post it to you with a certain tote bag.

Why you up in the middle of the night?
Bottoms Up Cheers GIF by Ovation TV

lisak09

In keeping with the creepy October reads, yesterday I read In Bloom by Paul Tremblay, a short story, and started The Prettiest Girl In The Grave by Kristopher Triana. I enjoyed the short story, not sure about the other book yet🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-203456_Goodreads.jpg
    Screenshot_20231004-203456_Goodreads.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231006-131909_Goodreads.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-131909_Goodreads.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom