Ratatouille in Epcot

Bocabear

Bumping this rumor. Episode 112 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they briefly discussed this as a possibility for the France Pavilion in time for the 50th.
I initially disliked the idea of any character in World Showcase... but this one actually fits and would be nice addition...as long as they put it on the opposite side of the pavilion leaving Impressions De France intact... France would have the most complete pavilion featuring both a travelogue about the country and a ride. This would sure be better attraction placement than Guardians Of The Glaxy in Future World...

Matt_Black

Yeah, the whole film is very French-y, at least to my uncouth American sensibilities. The subject matter, of course, but also Michael Giacchino's (sp?) delightful score.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bumping this rumor. Episode 112 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast w/Jim Hill and @lentesta they briefly discussed this as a possibility for the France Pavilion in time for the 50th.

Wasn't there talk of the expansion pad in between France and Morroco being used in the coming years?

It is. And yes.

Though it's far from greenlit. Nor the definite IP.

orlando678-

Honestly, I dont understand why the movies are protected. They dont offer anything special for the modern audience anymore, people can actually go the places or watch similar or better movies about the countries at home. What Epcot needs, are experiences which the countries cant more or less offer you and which actually has to make you get off the couch and visit Epcot to experience, like a Ratatouille ride, or a ride where you travel into the worlds of British literature or whatever.

Matt_Black

It is. And yes.

Though it's far from greenlit. Nor the definite IP.

Well, the only other things I could fit would be BatB, Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella, as those all borrow from the French versions of those stories. Hunchback WOULD fit, but Disney seems to have pretty much disavowed that.

The Empress Lilly

Well, the only other things I could fit would be BatB, Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella, as those all borrow from the French versions of those stories. Hunchback WOULD fit, but Disney seems to have pretty much disavowed that.
And Rapunzel. She has a frog so she fits themewise in France.

But the wise money is on GotG. They will get a Space Vector Transporter station in France, which is actually a train ride to the GotG miniland that will take over the RnRC area in DHS.

Rodan75

BatB is getting a live action movie and a LPS ride...the same ride system as Rat. So if any existing planning work was done to squeeze in Rat into France, it could be translated into BatB without much extra planning costs...either would be a clone. But I don't look forward to any forums re: BatB in World Showcase.

wdwgreek

I'm told that the project has been approved since Jim and I originally talked about it. And thanks for listening!
I hope it takes the expansion pad space, and doesn't take away Impressions De France, that score is so lovely. (my general disdain for IP's in World Showcase is still standing, but If they must do it, I pray its not bulldozing Impressions De France!)

RSoxNo1

Does anyone know the capacity of Ratatouille in France? Even if it's 2000, I doubt it solves the problem with Frozen's capacity.

Fox&Hound

I really hope this happens- not gonna lie.

Disney has to know that with MK being in pretty good shape, Disney Springs getting a major overhaul, DHS being practically gutted (could use some more announcements still), AK getting lots of love (could use use another ride or two IMHO) that their attention really should turn towards Epcot!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom