Ratatouille in Epcot

Sped2424

Well, the only other things I could fit would be BatB, Sleeping Beauty, or Cinderella, as those all borrow from the French versions of those stories. Hunchback WOULD fit, but Disney seems to have pretty much disavowed that.
Batb is getting an attraction @ tokyo by 2021 so perhaps a possible clone? Though I would hope someone would have the sense not to put it in Epcot given it has an entire mini area at the mk only for Epcot to actually get the attraction. That was confusing even to type.

Disneyhead'71

I could see either the Rat or BatB LPS ride coming to France. I'm putting my money on Rat because it is a cheaper ride than BatB. But I can see WS becoming Fantasyland II with a lot of Princess stuff.

Sir_Cliff

I really like the Ratatouille ride and, as far as IP-based attractions in WS go, having a ride in which guests get shrunk down to rat size and run through a Parisian kitchen isn't too thematically inappropriate for the France pavilion. Ratatouille is my favourite Pixar film, though, so perhaps I am biased!

I'm sure the B&tB ride going into Tokyo will be great, but I'm also sure it is only connected to France in a very tangential sense.

jt04

I'd vote for Hunchback for any add to France. Someone will be making a live action version soon. Disney needs to move on it or lose it.

Mulan would make more sense as the next WS add IMO..

Princess Leia

As much as I would love the IP to be Hunchback (this movie doesn't get enough love anymore, and once upon a time, you could meet Esmeralda in the pavilion), I think that Ratatouille makes the most sense in terms of placement and architecture. That being said, I wouldn't say no to a Sleeping Beauty ride in the vein of 'Snow White's Scary Adventures'. Apparently Maleficent is getting a sequel, so it wouldn't be too out of line.

In regards to Rapunzel- I think the story was originally set in Germany? Though Disney threw that out the window when they gave her a chameleon as a pet.

Bocabear

Ratatouille is set squarely in this century in Paris... BATB is a fairy tale and should honestly remain in the Magic Kingdom... I know they are both fantasy stories, but one is sort of all about cooking and the culinary ties to France...the other is a fairy tale set in France, but it is not necessarily specific to the plot...except for one line in the Be Our Guest song....Princess stories though really should remain in the Magic Kingdom...

gmajew

Premium Member
Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar movie by a ton so I would love for this ride to come to WDW. EPCOT is in need of attractions is this the right one? I am truly not smart enough to know but I hope they do something with the plot of land to help bring the excitement back to the park....

It does appear in the next 7-10 years this park along with the rest will be radically different then what we currently have if the pipeline of attractions actually happen.

jt04

Pixar should have a series of contiguous min-lands in another park. Disney studios perhaps?

Better place setting and immersion. Ratatouille is a step too far for WS IMO.

Edit: Although to contradict myself, a Coco overlay would be cool. Every park needs a haunted house.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Ratatouille is set squarely in this century in Paris... BATB is a fairy tale and should honestly remain in the Magic Kingdom... I know they are both fantasy stories, but one is sort of all about cooking and the culinary ties to France...the other is a fairy tale set in France, but it is not necessarily specific to the plot...except for one line in the Be Our Guest song....Princess stories though really should remain in the Magic Kingdom...
Agreed, while I still hate the idea of character attractions in World Showcase, it's already happened and until Iger and Co are out, I expect it to continue.

If the BatB dark ride happens to be coming to WDW, the best spot for it is in Fantasyland. I'm all about moving things into their proper area and really this would be another attraction that could go into the "it's a small world" space if anyone in the company had the gall to move it to Epcot.

If money was no object and I had free reign, I'd keep the Enchanted Tales with Belle facade and pre-show in place. Then I'd have the queue extend behind Pinocchio Village Haus with the snow capped mountains extending towards the existing "it's a small world" building. By removing that building, Disney could put both the BatB trackless ride as well as a purpose built Frozen attraction all with a perfectly blended snow capped rockwork backdrop that helps tie the area together.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom