Ratatouille in Epcot

wdrive

Anybody that would like to see this happen should be afraid. Not only from their complete lack of understanding that Epcot plays a unique role in balancing out the parks and experience, but more from what is happening in Norway. 2 years for a sure to be lackluster Frozen ride, which is based off a movie that was far more popular and grossed waaaaaaaay more than Ratotouille.

If you hear any news of the rat coming to France Pavilion, keep you expectations low, ... Im talking Florida water table low. And be prepared to wait a few years from the initial announcement. Then expect a few of the effects to be offline when it opens, lol.

If anything comes I'd expect it to be a clone of the Studios ride in Paris which is a decent ride. Not great but not bad either.

MagicMike

I always thought Remy would make a great character meet-and-greet for the France Pavilion. It could be set up in the same way Dreamfinder once held Figment, with Linguini's faux arm supporting a puppet/simple AA of Remy.

doctornick

I always thought Remy would make a great character meet-and-greet for the France Pavilion. It could be set up in the same way Dreamfinder once held Figment, with Linguini's faux arm supporting a puppet/simple AA of Remy.

They had a quasi-version of this at Chefs de France where a Remy puppet came out on the dessert tray. It was a nice little touch, but it stopped about a year ago.

dizda

While I wouldn't necessarily expect the Ratatouille ride from Paris to come to Epcot, I do wonder what are the plans for the alleged $350M earmarked towards that park -- and I think that World Showcase could really benefit from another ride, especially on the side of the lagoon opposite Mexico/Norway.
I have thought about how that $350 million will be used, too. Although I am not opposed to a Ratatouille ride on general grounds, it would use too much of the budget. I would prefer the entire amount be used for Future World.

Last edited:

Luxe

WS is already getting a ride. As much as I want more rides in there, I would rather the money be dropped throughout the rest of the park, with a few bucks left for Innoventions.

doctornick

WS is already getting a ride. As much as I want more rides in there, I would rather the money be dropped throughout the rest of the park, with a few bucks left for Innoventions.

Um, it's getting a ride replacement. It will still have only two rides, and nothing from Canada all the way to China.

Don't get me wrong, Future World is a thematic mess and needs help, but World Showcase has been left undeveloped for far too long as well.

Luxe

Um, it's getting a ride replacement. It will still have only two rides, and nothing from Canada all the way to China.

Don't get me wrong, Future World is a thematic mess and needs help, but World Showcase has been left undeveloped for far too long as well.

That's correct, I should have said something new instead. The problem is that I can spend tons of time in the WS with lots to do even though it only has two rides but I can't do the same for the rest of Epcot. To me that indicates that other half of Epcot is in the most trouble currently. Of course I still want more rides in WS but my point was if its one or the other I choose Future World.

doctornick

That's correct, I should have said something new instead.

Well, by that logic, Future World is getting something "new" in 2016 as well when Soarin' Over the World debuts.

The problem is that I can spend tons of time in the WS with lots to do even though it only has two rides but I can't do the same for the rest of Epcot. To me that indicates that other half of Epcot is in the most trouble currently. Of course I still want more rides in WS but my point was if its one or the other I choose Future World.

I know that most people on these pages agreed with you, but I tend to disagree. Future World is a mess thematically, but there's plenty to do there. Soarin' and Test Track are E-tickets, M:S is ambitious even if many people don't tolerate it, SSE and LwtL still evoke classic Epcot. Sum of All Thrills is a hidden gem. Nemo, Energy and Imagination all have their flaws but can still fill your time (as can the smaller stuff like Circle of Life, the Pixar shorts, the stuff that actually remains in Innoventions, and the various post-shows and the Sea Base). My point is that there is plenty "to do" in Epcot, just many folks on here don't like the stuff or are upset because they feel they are inferior to their predecessors.

I like World Showcase, but it's basically a great looking mall with a touch of a museum. Rides are far more repeatable than films/shows and having one on the other side of the lagoon will help to spread out crowds. There's no reason not to diversify the offerings there and WS has become awfully stale itself.

Personally, if I was spending money in Epcot, I'd focus on a new build in World Showcase (a ride somewhere in the Japan to England area) and use other money to improve the weaker pavilions in FW (Imagination and Energy IMHO). That should be able to be done for $350M but this is wasteful Disney, so who knows.

Bocabear

I am not sure why the attractions that were originally planned for World Showcase were all scrapped...a boat ride in England, A Boat ride in Germany, several different ideas for Japan including a carousel theater project which was actually built but never installed and ended up in Tokyo Tomorrowland instead, and a Rollercoaster Ride down the slopes of Kilimanjaro..., the never opening Equatorial Africa pavilion...so many ideas, but never any more investment... So if Germany got LGB (German toy train manufacturer) to sponsor a trainride through Germany attraction. (longer version of 7 Dwarfs)... And Japan finally got their attraction, and England finally got their Boat ride on the Thames or Mary Poppins Attraction, if France added the Ratatouille ride and Canada got their rumored whitewater rapids ride... What an amazing draw EPCOT would be...but that would be more than 350 million...

lazyboy97o

I am not sure why the attractions that were originally planned for World Showcase were all scrapped...a boat ride in England, A Boat ride in Germany, several different ideas for Japan including a carousel theater project which was actually built but never installed and ended up in Tokyo Tomorrowland instead, and a Rollercoaster Ride down the slopes of Kilimanjaro..., the never opening Equatorial Africa pavilion...so many ideas, but never any more investment... So if Germany got LGB (German toy train manufacturer) to sponsor a trainride through Germany attraction. (longer version of 7 Dwarfs)... And Japan finally got their attraction, and England finally got their Boat ride on the Thames or Mary Poppins Attraction, if France added the Ratatouille ride and Canada got their rumored whitewater rapids ride... What an amazing draw EPCOT would be...but that would be more than 350 million...
That'd still be a muddled mess more interested in being Fantasyland than World Showcase.

flyerjab

It's starting to get.... Interesting....

I just figured that I would repost this. Martin posted this in the Epcot thread a little while ago, which has now drifted off of the first page of the forums. Now that people are talking about adding Ratatouille in WS, as well as improvements to Epcot in general, I would remember his post. He posted something similar regarding DHS in the past and look what is about to happen there.

He admits that any changes are at least a year away from being announced, if even then. What he did say though was interesting in that what he was hearing was higher ups in the organization realizing that Epcot is broken as it currently exists and needs to be fixed. He also stated that what he was hearing was for changes not included in the 350 million already approved, and that the changes could impact both FW and WS. This is a wait and see game now. I think with what UNI just did down the street, it is almost guaranteed that a 3rd park is imminent. WDW could counter that effectively with additional phases for DHS, as well as bigger improvements to Epcot. I only have faith because Martin is so reliable. But again, this is all a wait and see thing for now. Star Wars currently rules the day...

I would love to see Ratatouille in Epcots France pavilion and other attractions in other pavilions ( like a ride/coaster through Japans samurai Periods ) but I do not want to see what is there now being removed ( ie the Frozen ride in Norway. ). Removing the Maelstron from Norway was a mistake, adding Frozen to Norway was not a bad idea, just that it replaced the Maelstron.

Add attractions but as PLUSSES not replacing

Robbiemoo

I'd love to see a new ride in world showcase but I hope they add rides to the countries without them. Using trackless technology for a new ride in the UK or Japan would be awesome

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom