Ratatouille in Epcot

Mike S

Ratatouille is set squarely in this century in Paris... BATB is a fairy tale and should honestly remain in the Magic Kingdom... I know they are both fantasy stories, but one is sort of all about cooking and the culinary ties to France...the other is a fairy tale set in France, but it is not necessarily specific to the plot...except for one line in the Be Our Guest song....Princess stories though really should remain in the Magic Kingdom...
A little too late for that because, you know, Frozen. Ratatouille should also be in a proper Pixar Place at DHS.

rle4lunch

Anyone can cook. Didn't you learn anything from the movie?
5e5d6229970787.560cb2a16b2f2.jpg

michmousefan

Bringing the Ratatouille ride to Epcot makes sense given today's management, but — and this can't be stated enough times — NOT at the expense of losing IDF. Aside from TAA, it's my favorite attraction in WS.

What do you all think about trying to bring the whole Paris "courtyard" experience over as well? IMO, adding another restaurant to the France pavilion is not something that is needed; there are already two sit-down restaurants plus a great cafe/bakery and L'Artisan des Glaces. Adding another food joint would be overkill. That's actually what has me worried about replacing IDF with the new attraction and possibly closing Les Chefs to make way for a Ratatouille restaurant; it seems to be the current mentality to replace rather than expand or add.

Hope I'm worried about nothing.

jt04

A ride about a french restaurant, next to 2 french restaurants is way too far.:rolleyes:

I think my objection stems from the lack of cultural references in the film as compared to something like Mulan or Frozen.

However, if they choose Ratatouille I will be pleased. Unless they remove IoF.

Tavernacle12

Bringing the Ratatouille ride to Epcot makes sense given today's management, but — and this can't be stated enough times — NOT at the expense of losing IDF. Aside from TAA, it's my favorite attraction in WS.

What do you all think about trying to bring the whole Paris "courtyard" experience over as well? IMO, adding another restaurant to the France pavilion is not something that is needed; there are already two sit-down restaurants plus a great cafe/bakery and L'Artisan des Glaces. Adding another food joint would be overkill. That's actually what has me worried about replacing IDF with the new attraction and possibly closing Les Chefs to make way for a Ratatouille restaurant; it seems to be the current mentality to replace rather than expand or add.

Hope I'm worried about nothing.

The rumor said it was going in the expansion pad (at least for now, and that's if anything happens at all), so hopefully Impressions is safe. There's already four eateries in France, and that's not even counting the food kiosks. I assume they'll expand it to look like more Parisian streets with maybe an attraction gift shop or (which I would prefer) a cool little mini-Louvre. I don't think we'd get the Remy restaurant that they have at Paris.

wdwfan4ver

Batb is getting an attraction @ tokyo by 2021 so perhaps a possible clone? Though I would hope someone would have the sense not to put it in Epcot given it has an entire mini area at the mk only for Epcot to actually get the attraction. That was confusing even to type.
The problem is space right now in terms of where the Beauty and the Beast area is for MK. You have to tear down Enchanted Tales with Belle, one of the Eating places, and a shop. Disney wanted more meet and Greets in MK and a Beauty and the Beast ride was ruled out as a result at the time.

The BATB area in MK is one of the flaws for New Fantasy Land Expansion.

rle4lunch

It does not in a World Showcasian manner. It will be like adding Mr Bean to the UK pavilion rather than Mary Poppins or Peter Pan.

Watch out now, you're talking about Disney IP's being incorporated into Epcot, for shame!!! for this, you will be banished to micechat.

jaxonp

I will say this, as someone who as been to Parc Disneyland and had multiple chances to ride Ratatouille, I can tell you that this ride would easily become the most popular ride at EPCOT. Ratatouille is a fantastic attraction that seems to fit the mold of somewhere between IOA Spiderman and a trackless system. It's not a thrilling as Spiderman but the effects are quiet spectacular! I think it would be a welcomed addition to the French pavilion. I also would be sad to see IDF go but as someone stated there is an expansion pad between France and Morocco and from the looks of it from google maps, its quite large.

Sped2424

Pixar should have a series of contiguous min-lands in another park. Disney studios perhaps?

Better place setting and immersion. Ratatouille is a step too far for WS IMO.

Edit: Although to contradict myself, a Coco overlay would be cool. Every park needs a haunted house.
Don't know how Coco would constitute as a haunted house.

dizneeboy

I will say this, as someone who as been to Parc Disneyland and had multiple chances to ride Ratatouille, I can tell you that this ride would easily become the most popular ride at EPCOT. Ratatouille is a fantastic attraction that seems to fit the mold of somewhere between IOA Spiderman and a trackless system.

I just had the chance to ride it the end of September. While a good attraction, I didn't like it as much as I was hoping to. I thought it was a little boring honestly. The best take away for me was getting to try out the trackless ride system which was stellar. That said, any new attraction for EPCOT (or any of the parks) would be welcome.

Sped2424

Day of the dead perhaps was the line of thinking. I think it could be a good replacement to the grand fiesta tour.
I think it deserves the spot more than grand fiesta, but again Dia de los muertos isn't a "scary" tradition by any means. It's rather tender and very emotional for those involved which Is why the term haunted house doesn't really vibe with me when describing it.

Matt_Black

Yeah, I remember seeing the Handy Manny episode where they discuss it, and they did a very good job of showing how very different it is from Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom