"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

dadddio

From the POV of the guest, I'm not seeing a downside. The only changes seem to be that the mugs will be other than being able to get refills at any resort and if you are just staying for a few days, you don't have to pay as much. I don't know how many mugs we've bought in the past where we either were only staying for a few days or we only used it for the first few days and then just left it in the room.

Grumpy1973

I would guess the resort mugs will be the same or similar to what is already being used at the water parks. There is definitely a 3-5 minute delay between refills (that was questioned in an earlier post) and the mug was $10 and if I were to return tommorrow with the same mug they will reactivite the chip for $7...I would assume this is how the resort mugs will work as well.

MOXOMUMD

Has anyone seen if there are new colors?
I believe I was over at All Star this past week and I've seen Purple, Orange, Green and Yellow? In addition to the Pink, Blue & Black that have been out for a few years now...
We're at the ASMusic now and the only colors available for purchase at the AllStars is green, orange and purple. I made it a point to ask a handful of CMs at different resorts we've been to so far and they don't have a definite start date. There will absolutely be a line at the fountains now since they have to read your chip and give you your info. The thing I've seen in being here just over a week is three or four people trying fo fill their cup at the same time. I don't see how that will happen wirh the new system.

Black Pearl

I want to be there if/when someone complains about the amount of time you have to wait for refills. This may sound silly, but there are people that like to mix the drinks, like half diet/half regular etc. Not me, but i know it exists. Pretty much excludes that if the is a 3-5 minute wait as no one wants to do that lol.

Disneydreamer23

My question is this, I was there in Aug 2012 and was supposed to go September this year We changed it to Feb 2013 because , I got pregnant last September and had a baby in May, When i was there both times cups were the same. I collect the cups SO if I ask my mom to bring me home a cup how does that work? she gets one from the DDP, But the question is she goes for 2 weeks, Will they charge her the high amount for buying one for me?

dreamfinder

My question is this, I was there in Aug 2012 and was supposed to go September this year We changed it to Feb 2013 because , I got pregnant last September and had a baby in May, When i was there both times cups were the same. I collect the cups SO if I ask my mom to bring me home a cup how does that work? she gets one from the DDP, But the question is she goes for 2 weeks, Will they charge her the high amount for buying one for me?

She should be able to buy one that is only valid for the single day. Just like how you can stay on property for a week, but only buy a ticket for a single day.

dadddio

I want to be there if/when someone complains about the amount of time you have to wait for refills. This may sound silly, but there are people that like to mix the drinks, like half diet/half regular etc. Not me, but i know it exists. Pretty much excludes that if the is a 3-5 minute wait as no one wants to do that lol.
My issue with the wait is what if you fill your cup and the soda mix is horribly wrong. My natural inclination is to dump the mug and try at a different tap.

Last edited:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Actually the cups allow you to fill based on the ounces. Once you max out the ounces allowed per cup then you will have to wait 3-5 minutes to refill. So mix along my friend!

COProgressFan

Actually the cups allow you to fill based on the ounces. Once you max out the ounces allowed per cup then you will have to wait 3-5 minutes to refill. So mix along my friend!

Good to know. I often mix half Diet Coke and half regular Coke (unless Coke Zero is available.)

Anyone know what happens if you just want a cup of water or ice?

Goofnut1980

Not that I would do this.. but what is in place to stop me from getting my RFID mug and letting it "activate" the fountain, but then fill up my cup I brought with me for someone in my party. Then waiting a few minutes, and filling up my cup, etc... If the cup is the same, there would be no way to determine which mug "activates" the system... is there?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Not that I would do this.. but what is in place to stop me from getting my RFID mug and letting it "activate" the fountain, but then fill up my cup I brought with me for someone in my party. Then waiting a few minutes, and filling up my cup, etc... If the cup is the same, there would be no way to determine which mug "activates" the system... is there?

Well once you remove your cup, the fountain would stop immediately. Unless you mean, fill up your cup then pour it in the cup of someone elses, then that might work. But it would take forever with the 5 minute waits in between

Goofnut1980

Well once you remove your cup, the fountain would stop immediately. Unless you mean, fill up your cup then pour it in the cup of someone elses, then that might work. But it would take forever with the 5 minute waits in between

It would be interesting to see how close you need to be to the machine for it to work... Could I "hover" my cup by the Coke but use the Diet Coke with a non-RFID cup?

flynnibus

Premium Member

such behavior is discouraged by the refill limits. The comment is key to say 'discourage'

If you want to sit there and waste your day filling other cups 20oz at a time... you'll be the one wasting your valuable time to save a few dollars.

Goofnut1980

such behavior is discouraged by the refill limits. The comment is key to say 'discourage'

If you want to sit there and waste your day filling other cups 20oz at a time... you'll be the one wasting your valuable time to save a few dollars.

I am only saying what people will do... I mean really people fill up 2 liter soda bottles now.. lol... I just wonder how long of people complaining they can't get a soda ASAP will Disney then remove the time limit to it...

EDIT: 2nd-ly why are they so worried about it. They give the soda free now with the DDP... and we know so many already use DDP. Why even charge for soda...

kasey1988

A port orleans fan page is reporting that riverside is now selling the new mugs and they expect it to be in operation there next week (the author is currently staying at pors).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom