"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

Goofyernmost

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, but if there aren't I can perhaps see Iced Tea use skyrocketing... :D
I doubt it....I suspect that Ice Tea drinkers are already using them and the rest are not iced tea drinkers. I don't see them switching. It's one of those odd things...you either drink iced tea or you don't. Those that do...are! Those that don't...won't!

tnemgif

Just got mugs at PORS today. Options were bright green, orange, purple, teal, and black. I believe I saw a girl carrying a pink as well. The cashier activates the mug via a small pad by the register, but the soda dispensers are not yet outfitted to work with the mugs. Prices ranged from $9 for one day to $18 for length of stay.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
6441706647_364cec49ee_o-332x205.jpg
DSC06323.jpg

COProgressFan

I'll use my old mug to drink all the ice tea and cocoa and Nescafé. Y'all can have your sodas lol.

Anyone else miss the brewed ice tea they stopped selling 3 or 4 years back? Quick serve locations used to sell brewed iced tea. Then they all switched to that pre-mixed Gold Peak nonsense, which isn't as gross as other mixes, but certainly isn't brewed tea. (A few locations still have it, and most table service locations still have brewed iced tea).

I find it interesting that they've finally decided to upgrade their coffee across property with the Joffrey's contract, but decided to switch to lesser quality tea?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Anyone else miss the brewed ice tea they stopped selling 3 or 4 years back? Quick serve locations used to sell brewed iced tea. Then they all switched to that pre-mixed Gold Peak nonsense, which isn't as gross as other mixes, but certainly isn't brewed tea. (A few locations still have it, and most table service locations still have brewed iced tea).

I find it interesting that they've finally decided to upgrade their coffee across property with the Joffrey's contract, but decided to switch to lesser quality tea?
Gold Peak is owned by Coca-Cola I bet that is why they switched. The CM no longer have to brew it as well.

Last edited:

COProgressFan

Gold Peak is owned by Coca-Cola I bet that is way they switched. The CM no longer have to brew it as well.

They've always had a contract with Coca-Cola though, so I doubt the reason for the change was because of the Coke contract.

More likely, as you indicated it was due to cost savings. Obviously it costs them more to have a CM brew the tea each day and clean the machine, etc., than just hooking up the tank with the mix and letting it sit there.

Yet, somehow places like Panera, McDonald's, and Wendy's can afford to do so every day.

Timekeeper

I was hoping for a new design also. It has been way to long with this design.

With such ugly designs, it's only a matter of time before third party vendors offer decals, or "skins," for the mugs. After all, the "tech" is in the mug itself, and not in the aesthetics. Worst case scenario: bumper stickers. ;)

TRONorail10

I have seen those green, orange and black mugs before. Maybe they are just using up the old stock?

More than likely you are correct. Disney probably had thousands upon thousands of those mugs produced as it would decrease the production cost per item. If all they are doing is adding some sort of RFID sticker to the mug, then the mug design doesn't matter, so it's more beneficial to them to sell through as much stock as they can before changing designs to maximize their profit per mug.

ddrongowski

With such ugly designs, it's only a matter of time before third party vendors offer decals, or "skins," for the mugs. After all, the "tech" is in the mug itself, and not in the aesthetics. Worst case scenario: bumper stickers. ;)
If you need any help with this idea, let me know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom