Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had the opportunity to laugh this week. I watched a lady try to use a foam cup from her room coffee pot to nab some free diet coke at the resort. She couldn't figure out how to turn it on. As she reached in she made an editorial somewhat snarky comment that she didn't have a fancy cup like mine. I watched her fumble around while I filled my root beer. And she looked at me finally. I explained the dispensing system and the chip in both the plastic and paper cups sold. She stormed off. A bit funny.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How else do you use a toothbrush? I always use water with toothpaste and always have but more for the fact that it works better that way, not for any "sanitary" reason. Also what's stopping the alleged "fecal" matter from being on the faucet?

Is it just me or are we starting to get silly now? :happy:

Starting???

Gabe1

Why would anyone want this self-serve soda anyway? It's pretty well documented at this point that those machines are bacteria paradise. Just do a google search of "self serve soda bacteria" and you will get all sorts of articles about it. Many machines tested have been dishing out fecal bacteria along with soda pop. It's a wonder everyone who does the refillable mug thing doesn't go home with the bubonic plague.

We are early risers and I would head down for coffee each morning pretty much around opening. Daily there was a swarm of fruit flies-ish bugs swarming around. Only in the pre-dawn hours.

Tronorail

If I get a refillable mug paid by my dining plan or I happen to buy a mug myself, I wouldn't really like watching some person filling a thermos they brought from home...for free. I'm glad they're doing SOMETHING. Maybe their implementation sucks. I'll see it for the first time in a couple weeks.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that we're arguing about soda?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If I get a refillable mug paid by my dining plan or I happen to buy a mug myself, I wouldn't really like watching some person filling a thermos they brought from home...for free. I'm glad they're doing SOMETHING. Maybe their implementation sucks. I'll see it for the first time in a couple weeks.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that we're arguing about soda?
If you get your Dining Plan for free would you still begrudge people who get their soda for free?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Isn't the best form of flattery imitation? And didn't Universal roll out a similar system?? So doesn't that mean it succeeded?!
Like the ride reservation system, Uni took a GOAL, provided a different (and simpler) means to achieve it, and succeeded. They followed the "KISS" method (keep it simple, stupid) and it paid off.
Though, personally, I think anything that comes out of those FreeStyle machines tastes like everything else. And I really hate the idea of a class-type ride reservation system.

KLinder7

After trying twice, finally got it to work at the GF. Once I found the "spot" my only complaint is it didn't even fill my cup up the whole way.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
How else do you use a toothbrush? I always use water with toothpaste and always have but more for the fact that it works better that way, not for any "sanitary" reason. Also what's stopping the alleged "fecal" matter from being on the faucet?

Is it just me or are we starting to get silly now? :happy:

It is getting silly, that was my point. Fecal matter cannot be avoided, it is everywhere and is part of normal life.

Gabe1

Or don't brush your teeth. :D

Way back in my college days, when dinosaurs walked the earth, we had to put the McDonald's soda dispenser nozzles in sanitizer solution every night.

Yeah I wondered when they clean those soda dispensers. It is nice they give you a sink these days to rinse your mugs, a little soap be nice too.

My DD that manages a mid sized waterpark has to make sure the employee Coleman Water Jug Spigot is sanitized along with the inner drum and lid so employees don't get sick, it is on the employee chore list for closing. Coleman recommends the Spigot is replaced every 6 to 12 months. They sell replacements. Wonder how many businesses that use Water Jugs do sanitize these let alone replace the Spigots.

MissingDisney

I had the opportunity to laugh this week. I watched a lady try to use a foam cup from her room coffee pot to nab some free diet coke at the resort. She couldn't figure out how to turn it on. As she reached in she made an editorial somewhat snarky comment that she didn't have a fancy cup like mine. I watched her fumble around while I filled my root beer. And she looked at me finally. I explained the dispensing system and the chip in both the plastic and paper cups sold. She stormed off. A bit funny.
I got to see a version of this myself last week. A family bought 4 breakfast meals and 1 drink. The dad then asked for 3 water cups. The cashier just kind of grinned. The little kid said "but dad, I want a pop too". Dad shushed him and whispered to his wife "It's self serve, no need". Move over to the drink station and junior was having a breakdown because no matter how hard he pushed, no Coke would come out. "It's broken! " he kept yelling across the food court. Dad came up-same result. Not that I wanted Coke but I just couldn't help myself. I politely excused myself over to use the Coke and voila! Coke fillith my cup running over! I thought he was going to stab me with a straw. The gal wiping down the counters saw what was happening and said "Sir, that's a water cup. Water. For free. However you keep pushing the Coke button. Coke. Not free." And then physically pointed out the water selection. I laughed about that all day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom