Rapid Fill Mug Program Fails (at more ways than you might think)

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
I realize this is a few months old and off topic for the thread, but it's one of the few references I've found to the 2.4Ghz chip used in the Magic Bands. The nRF24LE1 isn't a Bluetooth LE chip. Are you sure it's a nRF24LE1? I found some internal shots of the long range transceivers here and it looks like they're using TI CC2541 chips which are Bluetooth LE, but also have the ability to be programmed to proprietary protocols. I've even seen reference to the CC2541 proprietary protocol being compatible with nRF's here. I assume they're talking about the nRF24 series. I'm really hoping they're nRF24 compatible.... :)
It's not bluetooth. That was the entire point.

sporadic

Well why are you hoping they are nRF24 compatible?
I've written drivers for the nRF24 series chips in the past and used them in a few projects. Comfortable with the protocol so I see some tinkering in the future.

It's not bluetooth. That was the entire point.
The only point I pulled from what I quoted above is that the magic bands used Bluetooth LE and a nRF24LE1. A conflicting point and I never saw a clarification on which it was. The base transceivers utilize the CC22541 which can do both depending upon configuration.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with the cups, just the bands. Asked here because that's where I found the original post about the chip in the bands.

sporadic

keep reading in the thread beyond the post you quoted.. :)
I kept reading but didn't run across any factual data, just more assumptions. It then feel into a credibility discussion and switched back to cup talk. Was hoping the original poster would come back with more findings or data.

BuddyThomas

Why would anyone want this self-serve soda anyway? It's pretty well documented at this point that those machines are bacteria paradise. Just do a google search of "self serve soda bacteria" and you will get all sorts of articles about it. Many machines tested have been dishing out fecal bacteria along with soda pop. It's a wonder everyone who does the refillable mug thing doesn't go home with the bubonic plague.

Mouse_Trap

Why would anyone want this self-serve soda anyway? It's pretty well documented at this point that those machines are bacteria paradise. Just do a google search of "self serve soda bacteria" and you will get all sorts of articles about it. Many machines tested have been dishing out fecal bacteria along with soda pop. It's a wonder everyone who does the refillable mug thing doesn't go home with the bubonic plague.

Though when was the last time you heard of somebody getting ill from a soda machine? I don't think I have ever heard of this.

If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much about it. People get far too worked up about stuff sometimes.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have to ask...how on earth does fecal matter get into the Soda Dispenser?

I must have been doing it wrong all these years!

BuddyThomas

Though when was the last time you heard of somebody getting ill from a soda machine? I don't think I have ever heard of this.

If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much about it. People get far too worked up about stuff sometimes.
Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I
am a germaphobe, but if you read those articles, it's pretty disgusting all the same. I should just stop reading stuff altogether.

BuddyThomas

I have to ask...how on earth does fecal matter get into the Soda Dispenser?

I must have been doing it wrong all these years!
My guess is you go to the bathroom, you don't wash your hands, you take the lid off your cup with your unwashed hands and jam it up against the soda dispenser. Articles I've read say 50% of machines test positive for fecal bacteria. Bleeccchhhh.

JimboJones123

[QUOTE="Mouse_Trap, post: 6040484, member: 93766thafough when was the last time you heard of somebody getting ill from a soda machine? I don't think I have ever heard of this.

If that's the case then I wouldn't worry too much about it. People get far too worked up about stuff sometimes.[/QUOTE]
But can you imagine the level of fecal material that must be on chairs, benches, and seats around the entire Disney property?

What would happen if average guests sat in those same spots with only 2 layers, and only one for those that go commando, to protect their own anuses from being contaminated???

The humanity!!

I am never going again!!!!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Ever brush your teeth with a toothbrush that was left uncovered in your bathroom, if so it has perhaps the highest fecal count of any object in the bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom