R U still holding out for FD?

DisneyRunner

I was just wondering how many people are still hoping for free dining? Do you have ADRs booked, just in case? If FD doesn't happen, will you cancel your trip and ADRs? Thanks.

BUTTERHEAD1

I am

I am holding out for the free dining but didnt think to make ADR's until you mentioned it. I will be making them tonight. If there isnt free dining for late August I may head to Universal instead due to the fact that their ticket prices being much cheaper.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Me too!

I'm still going the week of Thanksgiving with or without free dining....would it be nice??? Sure! But any discounts during holiday times are nice! However, it won't make or break my trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

andikaye78

Yes and no. We are most likely going in September but I am not booking anything until I see the discounts. I sure hope it is free dining of some kind.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Yes and no. We are most likely going in September but I am not booking anything until I see the discounts. I sure hope it is free dining of some kind.

Just a thought...wouldn't it be worth it to book your trip and at least put a deposit down to "hold" your time frame and room? If discounts come out, you can switch it over - Disney will adjust your reservation. If they don't come out with any and you don't want to wing it, you can always cancel. Just a thought! Better to be safe then sorry. :shrug:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Just a thought...wouldn't it be worth it to book your trip and at least put a deposit down to "hold" your time frame and room? If discounts come out, you can switch it over - Disney will adjust your reservation. If they don't come out with any and you don't want to wing it, you can always cancel. Just a thought! Better to be safe then sorry. :shrug:
If you're going regardless of discounts, that's a good practice. But if you won't be going if there's no discount, you don't want to hold a room because Disney will think the rooms are being booked, so why should they offer discounts?

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

Still waiting for FD, but I have already put my deposit down for early December...so I'm going with or without it.

But some sort of discount would be nice....:p

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Not holding out. We are going back this summer using the AP rate at the Yacht Club. We did the math and for our group this was a much better deal. I hope that all those waiting get what they are looking for. I have certainly had more than my share of pin codes this spring, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I am holding out.. we used a pin code for free dining in November that included the table service instead of just the quick service plan. Would have done a bounceback but did not want to go back in November as we did not like it as well as the summer when it is nice and hot. I got a little excited this morning when I checked my emails had an offer but it was just for the 30 % off or kids stay and play free. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

goofykt

You bet your boots I'm holding out. We probably won't go without free dining...or if we do, it'll only be for a long Labor Day weekend. Without free dining we eat almost exclusively QS, and the trip just isn't as fun without getting to enjoy a variety of new TS restaurants.

Being optimistic/proactive, we've already asked for the vacation time and booked our ADRs. We've gone during Free Dining the past few years and I know what a beast it is trying to get ressies during that time. I'm pretty excited though b/c this would be our first time eating at 'Ohana.

So far I have ADRs for

Sci-Fi Dine-In
50's Prime Time (x2)
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown
Cali Grill
'Ohana (1st time)
Kona Cafe (1st time)

I will probably have a stroke if they don't announce Free Dining soon, because IMO we have awesome ADRs this trip!

Upvote 0

nwarcade

Your ADRs read like ours. You guys will love 'Ohana, great food, awesome view of the kingdom fireworks, and fantastic service. I'm holding out for FD but it's no biggie if it doesn't come along.

So far I have ADRs for

Sci-Fi Dine-In
50's Prime Time (x2)
Le Cellier
Rose & Crown
Cali Grill
'Ohana (1st time)
Kona Cafe (1st time)

I will probably have a stroke if they don't announce Free Dining soon, because IMO we have awesome ADRs this trip!

Upvote 0

goofykt

Your ADRs read like ours. You guys will love 'Ohana, great food, awesome view of the kingdom fireworks, and fantastic service. I'm holding out for FD but it's no biggie if it doesn't come along.

I hope so - I've only heard good things about it on these boards! My husband is a creature of habit though, so I had to do some serious campaigning for 'Ohana to get him to swap it for one of our regulars. This magical description in a WDW guide book won him over: endless meat buffet

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom