Question from a "Beer Snob"

Boston Beer Co., brewer of Sam Adams beer, is now the largest American beer company since AB sold out. And they brew some damn good beers too. Not sure about bottles but be sure to stop by the Crews Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club. Only beer they offer on draft is Sam Adams. Lager, Cherry Wheat, and the seasonal, which will be Octoberfest during your visit.

Also, keep in mind that Sam Adams is a major sponsor during Food and Wine. Each year they do the tasting and they also sponsor a stand in America offering no fewer than 10 to 12 brews by Boston Beer Co. About eight on draft, including one they brew only for Food and Wine each year, and several by bottle.

Optimus Mouse

Your idea! Four of the best beers I have ever had are Miller High Ligh the Champene of beers lol, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Rolling Rock, and Yuenling Lager. I will take them anyday over the micro beers.

Yeungling is actually the oldest brewed beer in the US, and is a solid quality beer. :slurp:

I don't want to tell another man what kind of brew to enjoy, but if PBR, Miller High Life and Rolling Rock are what you fancy......may god have mercy on your soul.

b94ronman

sorry.....from your resort take the disney bus that takes you to Downtown Disney.....once there get off at the westside stop....it is much closer to the Hess - you will see it just across the parking lot. not sure they sell cases, but they might....I just went for the bottles....I know they had 12 paks though.

During the food & wine fest, sam adams has a beer seminar which is pretty cool....was actually surprised how good their Sam Adams Light was, not a fan of the regular Sam, but the cherry wheat is very good & I love the Octoberfest.

My favorite beers: Guinness Draft, Stella Artois, Heineken, Dogfish Head, Peroni

least favorite.....Carlsberg.....it's available in EPCOT at the Norway Pavilion...me & some friends drank around the world one evening and it was my turn to buy....bought 3 of them, got stuck drinking all 3 as my 2 friends were like 'this is horrible'....I felt the same way, but seeing that I just spent $27 on them....I forced them down....I now skip that pavilion when drinking around the world now.

mrerk

Premium Member
As others have said, your best bets are the Hess near Downtown Disney, the Hess near Boardwalk (if that is closer/easier to where you are staying) or the Goodings at Crossroads. Goodings probably has the better selection, but it is close to a mile walk from the DTD bus stop down Hotel Plaza Blvd. to Goodings. The Hess stations do have a decent selection, at non-Disney prices.

BTW, has anybody tried Mississippi Mud Black and Tan? I got it at either Goodings or Publix. It is pretty tasty and it comes in these cool quart growlers.

IndyDisney

Although we have been to the world dozens of times, we usually have a car, so I haven't had this problem before. Since we will be using DME for our October trip, my options are going to be limited.

Problem. I really like having a six pack in the room to enjoy during "down time", but I have never been impressed with the beer selection Disney has in the resort shops. Is there anywhere on property where I can get something like Sam Adams? It's not worth it to take a taxi to the store just for that. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Dave

If you are looking for good craft beer, you're going to have to cab it. Check out Ratebeer.com and view the Orlando area map for bottle shops that may carry something you're looking for. And if you're looking for some good FL locals, try anything from Cigar City Brewing. They specialize is anything dark - porters, brown ales, Imperial Stouts. They make some great stuff. Haven't had a bad beer yet.

You could probably get away with taking a bus to DTD and walking to Goodlings for some of your more readily available Micro's and imports - Sam, Guinness, Bass, Boddingtons, Stella and the like.

And be sure to grab a Spaten Optimator in Germany. Gotta love the Doppelbocks.

Cheers,

Dave

rat face

I just booked my 10 day trip for mid September. And I need to find a place to buy my Westmalle Tripel:ROFLOL:. Years ago there was a bar at the Grand Floridian that sold yards of beer. I hope they still do. If i remember correctly it was good beer too.

Dean

boatingmama

My hubby and I have tried three different methods of obtaining beer while on property. First trip we spent our child's inheritance on beer from the resort. Second trip we took a taxi ($20 was cheap compared to resort prices) and bought a couple of warm cases at the Hess's across from Downtown Disney. This last trip we were at the Yacht and Beach...took a resort bus to Swan, then walked across to the Hess's and carried back an 18 pack a piece...looked like the resort boozers, but also got lots of longing looks from other guests. As far as discerning tastes, you may need a taxi to take you to a specialty shop, because Hess's only carries mostly your standards. Good luck!

oommggitskait

As the girlfriend of a home-brewer, certified beer judge, and a self proclaimed "beer snob" I can certainly relate.

I reallly think your options are either packing a six pack in your suitcase (works well, we've done it before) or going to the store across from downtown disney.
I would likely skip the Hess station. It's probably (and I can't say for sure but I am assuming here) filled with bud, miller, coors, corona etc etc. If you are looking for craft, imported or micro .. you're going to have to venture off site.

Good luck! Let us know how your beer quest turns out. I'll be going with my boyfriend for the first time next August and I suspect we will be having a similar quest. :)

PS - LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE love love the idea of craft brews at America in the WS. Show the world some of us drink beer that isn't lager. :)

DisneyLeo18

Dos Equis might be one of the best beers I have ever had. It's tough to find here in NY unless you go to a beer distributor. I fell for it when I went to Texas for a weekend and it was every where.

And I wasn't aware Blue Moon is an american beer, plus I ask for it with no orange! :ROFLOL:

mcjaco

For those of you thinking Beer Snob means drinking Sam Adams, Coors Blue Moon or Dos Equis.....:brick:

He's looking for real American craft brews. Not swill!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom