Question from a "Beer Snob"

sublimesting

hah - 99 litres per head... a pint is: 0.568261485 litres... :) i presume that is the consumption average per person?

you can keep your rice water also :lookaroun

Budweiser I presume?

9.5 cases (24 - 12 oz. cans) of beer/American

vs

11.6 cases of beer/Brit

Personally, I CRUSH every country in the list. :slurp:

cmatt

Budweiser I presume?

9.5 cases (24 - 12 oz. cans) of beer/American

vs

11.6 cases of beer/Brit

Personally, I CRUSH every country in the list. :slurp:

over here a 24 pack beer slab is normally 440ml (15.4858287of your icky oz's) per can ;) plus - we have proper festivals and cain it from 18.... no way you guys could out drink us :)

PatriciaH

Although we have been to the world dozens of times, we usually have a car, so I haven't had this problem before. Since we will be using DME for our October trip, my options are going to be limited.

Problem. I really like having a six pack in the room to enjoy during "down time", but I have never been impressed with the beer selection Disney has in the resort shops. Is there anywhere on property where I can get something like Sam Adams? It's not worth it to take a taxi to the store just for that. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Dave

Publix on the way to Celebration (down from Gaylord Palms/across from Walgreens) has good beers in 6 packs (Stone IPA, Sea Dog Blueberry, Guinness, Rouge (I think), etc.

Phonedave

:ROFLOL: I'll never forget introducing a couple of Marines to Molson Brador in Montreal in the 70's.... They didn't last long, sadly. :lookaroun

In reality, Brador is rather uninspired as a beer, it's only claim to fame is its alcohol content. If you want a really great Canadian beer, Fin du Monde [the end of the world], is a beautifully crafted beer, stronger than Brador at 9%, but not a beer for guzzling anyway. Worth savouring. :king:

The whole Unibroue line (of which La Fine Du Monde is one) is quite good.

-dave

Phonedave

True.

Those topics are actually covered in the free mini seminar that the Sam Adams rep gives during F&W.

I think it is a must do.

If you can see past the self promoting that goes on, then yes it is a good little seminar. The price is right, and a free opener too.

I asked the guy some questions at the end, and the answer to most was "I am not sure"

He also told me SA uses no bittering hops, they are all finishing. If true thats kind of wacky (and wasteful for no real good reason)

-dave

Atomicmickey

He also told me SA uses no bittering hops, they are all finishing. If true thats kind of wacky (and wasteful for no real good reason)

That doesn't make a lick of sense.
I've made Sam Adams knockoff homebrew and used bittering hops.
Beer would be too cloying without any. Heck, I just made a Raspberry
Wheat recipe, described as "beer for people who don't like beer", and it's as light as a feather, and still has a small amount of bittering hops.

Sounds like the guy really didn't know what he was talking about. Just a CM trained to deliver the spiel, perhaps?:shrug:

Reccyman

Is this one of the Hess Gas Stations that sell the amber nectar?

bEER%20TRAIL.JPG

Just follow the Beer Trail! :slurp:

sublimesting

over here a 24 pack beer slab is normally 440ml (15.4858287of your icky oz's) per can ;) plus - we have proper festivals and cain it from 18.... no way you guys could out drink us :)

We just drink more cans is all.... plus we have bourbon:slurp:....not brandy.

Phonedave

That doesn't make a lick of sense.
I've made Sam Adams knockoff homebrew and used bittering hops.
Beer would be too cloying without any. Heck, I just made a Raspberry
Wheat recipe, described as "beer for people who don't like beer", and it's as light as a feather, and still has a small amount of bittering hops.

Sounds like the guy really didn't know what he was talking about. Just a CM trained to deliver the spiel, perhaps?:shrug:

It was a SA employee, or so I thought.

I was not sure if they did not use bittering type hops, but still did an early addition of aroma hops (which is wastful) or if they did not do an early addition of hops in the boil at all (which would mean no bittering resins would be extracted at all). Either way is strange

-dave

mrerk

Premium Member
Is this one of the Hess Gas Stations that sell the amber nectar?

bEER%20TRAIL.JPG

Just follow the Beer Trail! :slurp:

That's the one.

I know the OP was looking to buy beer for the room, but if you are looking for a lounge the Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club has a decent selection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom