Question for all you so called "purists"......

Pongo

Why did they build a light bulb playground RIGHT ACROSS from a light bulb ride? They could have used that space for an awesome E-Ticket LED roller coaster or something. I mean, they hardly even made a tribute to 20K there.

Jeeeeeez.

kverdon

Oh come on people I've seen this coming for YEARS. Its been like SO obvious that Disney was going to replace the old Light bulbs with LEDs, it a sign of the times. You should have gotten the clue when they started to deep six the "Electrical Light Parade" at Disneyland. I mean just what would people think of the "Electrical Light Parade" when everyone knows that they are really just LED's. And what type of name is an "Electrical LED Parade"..... so the bulbs gotta go. What next heresy will the commit.......:D

Kevin and Mona :xmas:

Counting down T-Minus 12 days and counting....

imagineer boy

I heard from a Brazillian Tour Group, cheerleading, bus driver's uncle said that the new light bulb will be approximately 60 watts while the old one was 150 watts. Is this true? I'm pretty confident that this is true because the bus driver said that he's a very reliable scource.

*waits for someone to pull a Thrawn*

GenerationX

It's been my dream to play Bulby at the Crystal (Chandelier) Palace for at least the last several seconds. I have three questions:
1. How tall do I have to be to fit in the Bulby costume?
2. How bright do I need to be? I'm kinda dim.
3. How hot does it get inside there? I mean Florida's already hot, but it's got to be sweltering inside that costume. Is there some sort of fan system or something?

I can't wait to be fillin' out the filament someday! :p

Pongo

One of the lightbulbs got repainted in the rehab and the little stick-on designs they put on it look like bath tub friction thingamabobs! I mean, they're peeling off!

I want my plaid light bulb back... :cry:

Teenchy

I knew it. All those Extra Magic Hours would do in the bulb!

I did hear that they are getting a sponsor for the new bulb....

The Red Roof Inn.....Will leave the light on!

Teenchy

Actually I think its...

"We'll leave the light on".

See what happens when you try to make a joke and type on 4 hours of sleep!

Great post..I'll have to check out this tomorrow because I'm fading.:snore: :snore:

brkgnews

Pongo said:
You my friend, are a genius at satire.

Thanks -- but that level of detail comes only from having seen far too many "painfully obvious" patents. I was this close to actually including an eyeball on there to receive the waves (as I have seen patents showing just that).

By the way -- the whole Kangaroo reference was fantastic. Now THAT's great attention to detail!

KevinPage

Original Poster
I'm disturbed to report that the new lightbulb has completely ruined the beginning of Spaceship Earth.

Gone is the peaceful black upwards travel segment, now it's all "bright" and stuff.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom