Question for all you so called "purists"......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger said:
If you want good lightbulbs, go to Universal. All the good imagineers went there and they've been given the green light to use them! :mad:
Back for more I see. You didn't get enough when I ran you out of here yesterday?
Universal just got the reject imagineers that were burnt out and out of good ideas. Every time I go to Universal the light bulbs are always burned out or they mix color hues and wattages. There is absolutely no thought to the theming of Universal's light bulbs. At WDW they think "What light bulb should be here" not at Universal they just stick up a 60 watt GE softwhite or what ever else was on sale at Wal Mart that day.

Dragonrider1227

ClemsonTigger said:
If you want good lightbulbs, go to Universal. All the good imagineers went there and they've been given the green light to use them! :mad:
Actually, Universal ripped off the light bulb, just like with BUzz's ride. :lol:

MickeyTigg

Replacing the Dreaded Hat

I heard this from a Studios CM...

A new E-ticket ride will be replacing the Sorcerer's Hat in front of the Great Movie Ride building. The CM told me that Imagineering has greenlighted replacing the "Big Blue Hat" with a new 'hub & spoke' ride. The center piece of the new ride will be a gigantic light bulb with the ride vehicles being either director chairs or something paterned after Steamboat Willie's boat.

The CM was positive this was going to happen since he found confirming notes and drawings on napkins after some WDW executives ate lunch with some imagineers at the ABC Commissary.

The CM also overheard them say that since people were demanding that the Studios have more rides and less shows...they were going to give them more rides.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
TiggerRPh said:

A new E-ticket ride will be replacing the Sorcerer's Hat in front of the Great Movie Ride building. The CM told me that Imagineering has greenlighted replacing the "Big Blue Hat" with a new 'hub & spoke' ride. The center piece of the new ride will be a gigantic light bulb with the ride vehicles being either director chairs or something paterned after Steamboat Willie's boat.

The CM was positive this was going to happen since he found confirming notes and drawings on napkins after some WDW executives ate lunch with some imagineers at the ABC Commissary.

The CM also overheard them say that since people were demanding that the Studios have more rides and less shows...they were going to give them more rides.

darn those pesky CM's and their accurate information :lookaroun

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
TiggerRPh said:

So you're saying they greenlighted the green light project? :veryconfu

Pongo

An Epcot CM told me that, becasue of the popularity of the lightbulb, the wand is coming off of Spaceship Earth... But they're turning it into a giant light bulb now. It's going to light up and everything. It's supposed to be so bright that they will be handing out 3 pairs of sunglasses for each person when they walk into the park, and it's supposed to be able to be seen from Mars!

Rogue71371

Hi, I am kinda new here and although this is a great thread, I am having a hard time with some of the abbreviations.

What is....

LED
CM
BULB?

Thanks for all your help, and I am sure I will never be back on the board after my vacation is over.

Newbie Newberson

barnum42

Rogue71371 said:
Hi, I am kinda new here and although this is a great thread, I am having a hard time with some of the abbreviations.

What is....

LED
CM
BULB?

Thanks for all your help, and I am sure I will never be back on the board after my vacation is over.

Newbie Newberson

LED - Light Emmiting Diode.
CM - Cast Member
20K - 20,000 Leauges Under the Sea
BULB - light bulb!

NowInc

First off...

The bulb wouldn't need to be changed if WALT WAS STILL ALIVE!! he had magical powers that not only made everything perfect..but prevented such incidents as peeling paint or burned out light bulbs..

But since he is no longer with us (I think)

First there will need to be t-shirts made that say "No New Bulbs! Retain the magic!"

THEN!! There will be a campeign to try and restore the old light bulb to working order once again...with complete disregard of cost or feasibility..but none of that matters as long as the old bulb is back in place.

if that fails..

a tribute site will be made to honor the memory of this all important bulb, with pics and videos...maybe even an audio clip of that electronic hum it so gently sounded while it was working...complete with a link to email walt from the grave to express how sad this whole event is.

KevinPage

Original Poster
NowInc said:
tribute site will be made to honor the memory of this all important bulb, with pics and videos...maybe even an audio clip of that electronic hum it so gently sounded while it was working...complete with a link to email walt from the grave to express how sad this whole event is.

There already is one called B-Troops.com

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marijil

How do we know that the OP has reliable info...name your source...

If the bulb thing came from Screamscape or Jim Hill....forget it

....Corrus, what do you know about the bulb...

by the way, Thrawn knew about the bulb before all of you, he's privy to that sort of thing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom