Put Time Racers in Wonders of Life?

Disney is about fantasy - make believe, that's why I think the use of evolution works well in Epcot & Animal Kingdom. I like the Big Bang myth they push in Universe of Energy. And yeah a well themed indoor rollercoaster at WOL would be cool. A combo of adventures through inner space & body wars transformed into a rollercoaster theme.

SIR90210

Originally posted by Brian_B
Ps. Banning someone for calling creationism a Myth is no different from someone asking for YOU to be banned because you said it could be a fact. Is either fair? No. It's a free country, people are allowed to believe what they want.

:brick: :brick: :brick: I feel so stupid
SORRY ANDRE85!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
WOL/Body Wars

Brian B....great post. If memory serves the Life pavillions main ride was originally going to be an omnimover style ride through the human body, with huge props for the organs. If i remember they couldn`t build a pumping heart etc. big enough back in the 80`s, then Star Tours technology came along and voila! Body Wars! Can anyone confirm this?

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Timothy W.
Disney is about fantasy - make believe, that's why I think the use of evolution works well in Epcot & Animal Kingdom. I like the Big Bang myth they push in Universe of Energy.

where the heck is all this stuff? i don't remember seeing anything about evolution or the Big Bang anywhere in WDW. the only thing i can think of is SSE and the evolution of human communication. course, it HAS been a while since i rode UoE, but that's beside the point.
if Disney's 'pushing' ANY of these beliefs (including Creationism) then they should stop, imo. eventually, it'll just create problems that they probably won't want.
btw, not ALL of Disney is 'make believe'. that's where Epcot and Animal Kingdom comes in...they're a little more factual. MK is probably the most fictional-based park out of the four. i personally think WDW, as a whole, is more based on escapism rather than fantasy. but that's just me....sorry, but i'm in a politically correct kind of mood tonight...it's a rare occurance. if i've offended you, allow me to apologize in advance. :)

andre85

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
where the heck is all this stuff? i don't remember seeing anything about evolution or the Big Bang anywhere in WDW. the only thing i can think of is SSE and the evolution of human communication. course, it HAS been a while since i rode UoE, but that's beside the point.
if Disney's 'pushing' ANY of these beliefs (including Creationism) then they should stop, imo. eventually, it'll just create problems that they probably won't want.
btw, not ALL of Disney is 'make believe'. that's where Epcot and Animal Kingdom comes in...they're a little more factual. MK is probably the most fictional-based park out of the four. i personally think WDW, as a whole, is more based on escapism rather than fantasy. but that's just me....sorry, but i'm in a politically correct kind of mood tonight...it's a rare occurance. if i've offended you, allow me to apologize in advance. :)

Uh-oh, we better take out Dinoland USA because some people believe that the world was created 6,000 years ago where as Dinoland USA teaches us Dinosaurs lived over 60 million years ago.

andre85

Originally posted by SIR90210
Call me stupid, but what's a troll?

It's what uneducated people on this forum refer to me as. A "troll" is essentially someone who spouts nonsense with the sole intent of disrupting forum activity. Unfortunately the definition of "troll" seems to have also encompassed "anyone who has an opinion that differs from mine" (not a definition one would want to perpetuate).

Brian_B

Uh-oh, we better take out Dinoland USA because some people believe that the world was created 6,000 years ago where as Dinoland USA teaches us Dinosaurs lived over 60 million years ago.
:lol: good one!

Marni, thanks for the props - I had no idea that they planned another omnimover for WoL - it would make sense, contributing to the overall unity of the other pavilions, but I'm sort of inclined to think that it may have been one more omnimover too many...although these days I'd kill to ride WoM or Horizons again...sigh

-Brian

imagineer boy

Originally posted by andre85
Unfortunately the definition of "troll" seems to have also encompassed "anyone who has an opinion that differs from mine" (not a definition one would want to perpetuate).

No, if you post your opinion in an offensive way or flame people for disagreeing, then that would count as a definition of a troll which is why some "uneducated" people have called you a troll. No offence or anything, I'm just pointing that out.:wave:

andre85

Originally posted by imagineer boy
No, if you post your opinion in an offensive way or flame people for disagreeing, then that would count as a definition of a troll which is why some "uneducated" people have called you a troll. No offence or anything, I'm just pointing that out.:wave:

Oh, I get it. Ok, well since you called me a troll and I took offense to said assertion, that must mean you’re a troll as well (according to your definition). Phew, I'm glad we got that squared away. :wave:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Back on topic -- :wave:

I would say that the WoL pavillion does need a face lift, if not more. I do have a hard time letting go of Cranium Command though. There are very few pavillions left with an educational film inside. The Land has the Circle of Life movie, but it in no way incorporates AA's into it. Cranium Command has a good deal of thought and magic placed inside of it.

I'd not mind a rehab in the worst way, but I'd prefer to save CC. Just my 0.02$

imagineer boy

Originally posted by andre85
Oh, I get it. Ok, well since you called me a troll and I took offense to said assertion, that must mean you’re a troll as well (according to your definition). Phew, I'm glad we got that squared away. :wave:

AAK! Too many waving smilies!:hammer: :brick: Anyway, I did not call you a troll, and I assure you that I am not a troll either. Infact, I hunt trolls, so I can't be a troll myself.:wave: Too many waving smilies!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom