Put Time Racers in Wonders of Life?

andre85

Originally posted by imagineer boy
AAK! Too many waving smilies!:hammer: :brick: Anyway, I did not call you a troll, and I assure you that I am not a troll either. Infact, I hunt trolls, so I can't be a troll myself.:wave: Too many waving smilies!:brick:

Alright, so it was just a misunderstanding. It’s all good/

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by andre85
Uh-oh, we better take out Dinoland USA because some people believe that the world was created 6,000 years ago where as Dinoland USA teaches us Dinosaurs lived over 60 million years ago.

:rolleyes: please, andre, spare me.

ok, seeing as things seem to be getting rather twisted on this topic, i'm officially removing myself from this thread before i say something that i'll either regret or that will get me banned from the boards. peace out.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Religious zealots are the reason I left church and haven't looked back. Sorry, but when understanding is confused with a forced mindset, I don't go.

So while I respect everyones beliefs and don't argue with them following their beliefs... keep your preaching off these boards. If you see a comment you don't agree with... SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD. It's not hard... with how many people I disagree with on these boards, I have to bite my tongue VERY often.

If you don't agree... SHUT UP. Don't say a word. Start another thread with your point of view... but don't start the potential conflict.

And if you must... TRY TO SOFTEN THE BLOW. Don't be an ______.

RalphieN

Originally posted by mkt
Religious zealots are the reason I left church and haven't looked back. Sorry, but when understanding is confused with a forced mindset, I don't go.

So while I respect everyones beliefs and don't argue with them following their beliefs... keep your preaching off these boards. If you see a comment you don't agree with... SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD. It's not hard... with how many people I disagree with on these boards, I have to bite my tongue VERY often.

If you don't agree... SHUT UP. Don't say a word. Start another thread with your point of view... but don't start the potential conflict.

I AGREE.... except.....

for the part about preaching about no preaching

and the part about if you don't like something, "SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD" because you're not even following your own advice.

but the part about church being full of hypocrites is true but then again, as we see, so are this board and the rest of the world, etc.

Nobody is being forced to believe anything here and just as with your church, if you don't agree and can't accept not agreeing, you are free to leave at anytime but if you are allowed to express your opinion here, why shouldn't everyone else be allowed also? I would suggest either accepting the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you or follow your own advice.

Shaman

Originally posted by mkt

I agree.

There's a difference between posting your opinion, and posting your (or an opinion) with the sole intent of causing problems....

:)

Shaman

Originally posted by RalphieN
I AGREE.... except.....

and the part about if you don't like something, "SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD" because you're not even following your own advice.

but the part about church being full of hypocrites is true but then again, as we see, so are this board and the rest of the world, etc.

Nobody is being forced to believe anything here and just as with your church, if you don't agree and can't accept not agreeing, you are free to leave at anytime but if you are allowed to express your opinion here, why shouldn't everyone else be allowed also? I would suggest either accepting the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you or follow your own advice.

This site centers around one topic, DISNEY...religion like politics are topics that shouldn't be discussed on the boards, because of their nature to incite heated arguments, especially since the discussion isn't relevant to DISNEY.

He (mkt), I assume was voicing his frustration, because many people enjoy posting their opinions in a very aggressive way. Hence the last sentence in his post.

People should be civil when posting, and most importantly they should never impose their beliefs on anyone.

:)

SIR90210

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Infact, I hunt trolls, so I can't be a troll myself.

That would be akward.

Here's my plan to save WoL: New actors/actresses for Cranium Command. Nice show, but I never heard of any of those actors before (maybe that's because I'm thirteen). Second, change the film for Body Wars. A splinter?!? I get those all the time, including the two inch one I got in Frontierland (do not run your hand along the rails!!). Make it something like an artery clog, or killing a virus, anything different from the current plot! Thirdly, add another e-ticket ride, maybe a roller coaster, I forget who sugessted that. Finally, update the Fitness Fairground stuff, it's old and doesn't work well.

Shaman

Originally posted by SIR90210
Here's my plan to save WoL: New actors/actresses for Cranium Command. Nice show, but I never heard of any of those actors before (maybe that's because I'm thirteen). Second, change the film for Body Wars. A splinter?!? I get those all the time, including the two inch one I got in Frontierland (do not run your hand along the rails!!). Make it something like an artery clog, or killing a virus, anything different from the current plot! Thirdly, add another e-ticket ride, maybe a roller coaster, I forget who sugessted that. Finally, update the Fitness Fairground stuff, it's old and doesn't work well.

I got an idea while reading your post....how about a massive dark ride through the human body for the main attraction? No big thrills except from the visuals...maybe even something like spiderman at IOA...except of coarse in the human body....

mkt

Premium Member

just voicing frustrations

again, just voicing frustrations

please tell me when I said that.

? english please

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by objr
I got an idea while reading your post....how about a massive dark ride through the human body for the main attraction? No big thrills except from the visuals...maybe even something like spiderman at IOA...except of coarse in the human body....
Didn't someone say earlier that concept was the actual original concept for the WoL pavillion??

The actual pavillion itself resembles the subject matter found in The Land. They're both about the wonders of something that man takes for granted and WDW was trying to make the guests more aware of the consequences of their lack of knowledge.

The Land has the boat ride that shows you first hand all about the measures that WDW is taking to conserve the planet's resources and to try to to damage it farther. They have the film that incorporates characters into getting a good message across. Up until a month ago (I think to the day of today even) they had the fun kiddie AA spectacle to reinforce the subject also. There is food and good music and a hands on childrens area for them to play on.

I believe that WoL should, in essence, somewhat mirror this idea and structure. Unlike it's neighbor UoE, they have a whole pavillion to play with here. Go with a pattern of what works. Some places just don't NEED a new, fast thrill ride. Body Wars was about appropriate, but don't go putting a roller coaster, or some amazing ride that will bring attention for the wrong reasons. It's about the wonders of life, not the bottom line...

Oh wait, it is, I forgot whom we're dealing with here. *cough EISNER cough*
Just my $0.02 :wave:

TURKEY

Who are you to tell people to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves when you don't?

From someone that's been around for a while, like MKT, I know that religious and political discussions often lead to:

1. People's feelings getting hurt.
2. A great big arguement.
3. Threads getting closed.
4. People getting banned.

A good idea for the forum:

Stay away from religious and political discussions.

mkt

Premium Member
Who are you to tell people to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves when you don't?

I didn't say any of that. I wanted you to rephrase that last bit I quoted since I could see more than one meaning behind it, hence I was hoping you would be able to clarify it so I wouldn't miscomprehend it.

And I do keep my opinion to myself. If I were to reply to every post on these boards that I don't agree with, I would easily be the #1 poster, AND probably cause the server to start smoking.

RalphieN

Originally posted by objr
This site centers around one topic, DISNEY...religion like politics are topics that shouldn't be discussed on the boards, because of their nature to incite heated arguments, especially since the discussion isn't relevant to DISNEY.

Let me recap back to page one of this thread.

JBSLJames made a simple comment that suggested that the theory of Creationism should be given consideration along with the Evolution theory in EPCOT and had a suggestion for WoL. (totally on topic) btw, creationism is a scientific theory just like evolutionism and neither has been proven scientifically to date.

JBSLJames was then flamed for this and and Creationism was referred to as a myth rather than a theory. In defence of this, we are referred to as "religious zealots" by mkt and told to shut up and keep our opinions to ourselves.

My questions are then, Why is it that it is acceptable to flame people's beliefs yet not acceptable for them to express them or defend them? Why is the theory of the Big Bang acceptable but other theories referred to as myths and dismissed? and Why is it perfectly acceptable for Disney to expose the Gospel according to Bill Nye the Science Guy yet anyone suggesting something different is a "religious zealot" and "isn't relevant to Disney?"

Don't get me wrong, I go see Ellen and Bill everytime we are at Disney and I sorta like their show even though I think it has flaws. There is nothing wrong with presenting theories at EPCOT because Future World is about science and that is what science is; theories. Once they are proven, if they ever are, they become history. My problem is the double standard that people on these boards have where they think they are taking the moral high ground by telling other people to "shut up" when they don't agree with them.

If you don't want to hear people defend their beliefs, stop bashing them.

RalphieN

Originally posted by mkt
I didn't say any of that. I wanted you to rephrase that last bit I quoted since I could see more than one meaning behind it, hence I was hoping you would be able to clarify it so I wouldn't miscomprehend it.

I tried to rephrase it.

mkt

Premium Member
fair enough,

in which case I shall post a single objective reply to the religious debate at hand.

The topic of creationism is widely believed among the Gentile faiths, but not so much in the rest of the world. With the international audiences WDW commands, why should they exclude guests of non-gentile faiths? WDW is in it to make money... not to please 1 group of people which internationally commands less than half of the population. Why would they risk offending countless guests of other belief structures to satisfy the local populous.

There, I stayed objective and hopefully inoffensive.

andre85

JBSLJames was then flamed for this and and Creationism was referred to as a myth rather than a theory.

I didn't "flame" anyone. It was merely my opinion that creationism was a "myth". I apply the term "myth" to anything which has little or no scientific support, thus it does not pertain specifically to Creationism. Again, this is my opinion, thus refuting this would serve no purpose except to promote the continuation of this topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom