Put Time Racers in Wonders of Life?

JBSLJames

Originally posted by objr
I agree.

There's a difference between posting your opinion, and posting your (or an opinion) with the sole intent of causing problems....

:)

My original question was not posted with the intent of causing disruption. I have not been on the ride, don't know what it is all about. Sorry if I caused a problem.

Is there really a religion based on Bill Cosby? And if so, are all the followers called Rudi's?

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by General Grizz
My design for Wonders of Life:

• Brand new full-coaster ride (the first "coaster" at EPCOT) themed directly to the human body - with BRAND new features that set this coaster near nothing else (i.e. certain controls) in actual motion, while relying on guest knowledge gained throughout the "show."
  • A refilming of the Cranium Command characters with modern-day actors and actresses; redone footage. Also, a better designed queue (with maintained wall-carpet) with a more "recruit" feel that sets it apart from the pavilion a bit more.
  • TOTALLY brand new in design exhibits. i.e. the upstairs Image Works. Tunnels. Things to discover. Computers. Health and personality tests with Disney characters, perhaps.
  • Brand new animatronic show with a new character. Maybe even put some Disney characters in the Anacomical player show. Wouldn't that be neat? A nice ole character show.
  • Update the pavilion. Keep the "fair" and PEACEFUL atmosphere, while maintaining a classy new look.

Whatcha think? Keeps the education, HIGH crowds, and proper dedication to LIFE and HEALTH!

That's not a bad idea, but I think (and this is just a personal opinion, feel free to jump on this one if you think differently) that when people come and spend their money at DisneyWorld, they're looking for the most "bang" for their buck. That "bang" right now is Mission: SPACE and Test Track. Assess the park next time you're there, where do most of the crowds flock to? They head towards the high-speed "thrill" rides (if you want to put TT in the "thrill" category).

I'm sure it would be to Disney's best interest to add more "bang" for the guest's buck, but at the same time, maintain the parks' integrity by keeping the original structures that exist while applying newer concepts and ideas around those structures. For example (and based on what I've been reading), Time Racers - I'm assuming this is going to be in the post-show of Spaceship Earth. This is a new concept incorporated in an old attraction. These newer concepts just invigorate the older attractions. I'm sure Spaceship Earth's attendance will see a steady increase because Time Racers is that additional "bang" that people pay to see.

Through pure speculation, though, the new Soarin' attraction will attract people towards "The Land' and "Imagination". It's like the old adage goes, "If you build it, they will come."

As far as the educational factor goes, I think Epcot is streaming its operations away from education. I remember when Epcot opened in the mid 80s and I went with my parents for the first time. As a kid, Epcot then was totally amazing! I remember Communicore and all the hands-on exhibits in there. I also remember the "backstage" computer show. Classic Epcot! I think Eisner is all about making the buck and not paying attention to the minor details that educate and entertain the guests.

On a totally different note.... what happened to the restaurant in the Innoventions Plaza (on "The Land" side)? And, what are they planning on doing with all the unused/available (if it is available) space that's in that building?

I think I've said enough.... your turn to take the floor :)

:zipit:

I say just get rid of WOL and make way for something new. If it's possible, move some of the attractions inside WOL to other parts of the park like innoventions or the land, but the pavillion itself is tired. And i've heard a lot of people on other forums say they want to see a weather pavillion, but as nice of an idea that is, it probally wouldn't offer anything different(simulator, couple of shows and hands on exhibits). I say bring back horizons or come up with another old school dark ride like the history of exploration , story of flight, or a tron style look at how the internet works or something to balance things out. And if they add a couple themed coasters like the proposed brainstormers for imagination or the rain forest themed coaster for land that's fine by me, but don't let thrill rides over run the park like they're starting to.

Snapper Bean

I'd be shocked if it was possible...but if Disney decided it wanted to "re-assemble" Horizons somewhere would that even be doable. When that attraction was taken down was it preserved in some fashion or were the pieces cannibalized into other attractions/elements.

Snapper Bean

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Snapper Bean
I'd be shocked if it was possible...but if Disney decided it wanted to "re-assemble" Horizons somewhere would that even be doable. When that attraction was taken down was it preserved in some fashion or were the pieces cannibalized into other attractions/elements.

Snapper Bean

have you seen pics of Horizons from when they were tearing it down? (you can find lots on this site) it seemed pretty brutal. i'm sure there were several things that remained in-tact...like the animatronics, and the cars (although, i've never seen/heard anything about either, so i just dunno) but, i mean, even if they didn't bring back elements from the original, they could re-do the whole thing, even if they have to make new cars and animatronics. surely they still have the blue prints. so it IS possible for them to bring Horizons back (and any other extinct attraction for that matter, i'm sure) BUT it would probably be more expense then they're willing to pay....regardless, a comeback is highly unlikely :(

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Snapper Bean

Snapper Bean

Yep.. the demolition of Horizons looked like, if anything, it really kicked the living "heck" out of the exhibits inside. It's a shame to see such a good attraction go.

And I quote Joni Mitchell: "You don't know what you got till its gone."

Oh yeah.. "they paved Horizons and put up a Mission: Space" (original line: "They Paved Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot!") ;)

"J"

General Grizz

The last time I saw the Horizons building, it was shut down. This had to be either the summer or winter of 1999. I recorded it. . . *sigh*

I refused to go when the building was being demolished. I would have been absolutely crushed.

General Grizz

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
That's not a bad idea, but I think (and this is just a personal opinion, feel free to jump on this one if you think differently) that when people come and spend their money at DisneyWorld, they're looking for the most "bang" for their buck. That "bang" right now is Mission: SPACE and Test Track. Assess the park next time you're there, where do most of the crowds flock to? They head towards the high-speed "thrill" rides (if you want to put TT in the "thrill" category).

I'm sure it would be to Disney's best interest to add more "bang" for the guest's buck, but at the same time, maintain the parks' integrity by keeping the original structures that exist while applying newer concepts and ideas around those structures. For example (and based on what I've been reading), Time Racers - I'm assuming this is going to be in the post-show of Spaceship Earth. This is a new concept incorporated in an old attraction. These newer concepts just invigorate the older attractions. I'm sure Spaceship Earth's attendance will see a steady increase because Time Racers is that additional "bang" that people pay to see.

Through pure speculation, though, the new Soarin' attraction will attract people towards "The Land' and "Imagination". It's like the old adage goes, "If you build it, they will come."

As far as the educational factor goes, I think Epcot is streaming its operations away from education. I remember when Epcot opened in the mid 80s and I went with my parents for the first time. As a kid, Epcot then was totally amazing! I remember Communicore and all the hands-on exhibits in there. I also remember the "backstage" computer show. Classic Epcot! I think Eisner is all about making the buck and not paying attention to the minor details that educate and entertain the guests.

On a totally different note.... what happened to the restaurant in the Innoventions Plaza (on "The Land" side)? And, what are they planning on doing with all the unused/available (if it is available) space that's in that building?

I think I've said enough.... your turn to take the floor :)

:zipit:

Keep in mind EPCOT was the second most popular theme park in America before Test Track or Mission Space. And I'm sure most of the thrills can be forgotten once technology is matched. . . this is not so for, say, Horizons, which has threads and threads on this board - founded two years after it closed.

Like I said, Wonders of Life would have a bang; remember that Body Wars was the big EPCOT hit of 1989? That thing was "huge." Thus, a MASSIVE portion of my listed ideas is a gigantic bang: the first "controllable" roller coaster. I might post some explanation in the WDI section. If successful, I'm sure it could knock Test Track and Mission Space both down while keeping the Disney quality - and not taking away from the pavilion as a whole.

Still, the family/quality/education attractions cannot be sacrificed. i.e. the balance of Body Wars and Cranium Command. Wasn't that a perfect balance? I have yet to see Disney match this 1989 accomplishment.

To mix education in without branding an attraction educative is the key, and Disney has done well with this. They are just too scared to experiment with this key tradition that is becoming more and more necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom