Project Z

RSoxNo1

No need.
My Spirited pal is correct.
It's a lock for Shanghai. Possibly (or definately, depending on who you ask) cloned for MK.

So....no more guessing...just waiting...

Most of the people on here know my source for information outside of these boards but I heard the same thing. There are more details out there than this, but I'll let Lee spill those.

zooey

Well I'm happy about this. Tron is a decent fit, and I love the imagery that the Tron universe produces. Hopefully, the themeing is top notch.

NoChesterHester

Well I'm happy about this. Tron is a decent fit, and I love the imagery that the Tron universe produces. Hopefully, the themeing is top notch.

Hopefully this provides more than just an attraction. The imagery of the movie could provide a very needed freshness and edge to Tomorrowland.

WDW FTW

Hopefully this provides more than just an attraction. The imagery of the movie could provide a very needed freshness and edge to Tomorrowland.

YES! I am still waiting for that wow factor ride to come into play at tomorrowland, the space moutain redo was great but you cant completely recharge an entire section of the park with a few changes here and there to a ride. I'm not asking for another E-ticket but i think if they should work on changing it from the 80's 90's "tomorrow"land to today's tomorrowland. I think possibly the tron ride taking over the speedway could be a big step to that.

Kiff

No need.
My Spirited pal is correct.
It's a lock for Shanghai. Possibly (or definately, depending on who you ask) cloned for MK.

So....no more guessing...just waiting...

Sweet (although I was holding out hope for some E-ticket love for AL).

Now we just need to start speculating (aka. arguing) about ride type, length, height requirement, story, exact location, opening date, and effect on the rest of TL. Did I miss anything? :animwink:

NoChesterHester

YES! I am still waiting for that wow factor ride to come into play at tomorrowland, the space moutain redo was great but you cant completely recharge an entire section of the park with a few changes here and there to a ride. I'm not asking for another E-ticket but i think if they should work on changing it from the 80's 90's "tomorrow"land to today's tomorrowland. I think possibly the tron ride taking over the speedway could be a big step to that.

Speedway? It may be obnoxious, but little ones love it. They need another ride, not a replacement for one.

Skyway

I think someone mentioned that "Project Z" (now known as Tron) would not replace an existing attraction or building.

I guess that means it would have to go in the former Tomorrowland Theatre area between CoP and Buzz?

Although there is a lot of area in that backstage area, I don't think Disney would be willing to sacrifice much of that space for an attraction.

So I assume Tron would have a very small footprint.

Which means Tron must be some sort of simulator, or....

...could this be the WDW version of the Flying Saucers/Flying Hubcaps?

I can easily imagine the saucers in a "game grid" arena with black light, neon, and pulsating Daft Punk music.

Or am I totally off?

IWant2GoNow

So, if this does get approved for WDW from Shanghai, and it's as "Death Star blowlingly huge" as Lee made it seem, I personally can't see it JUST being a simulator. And if it is in fact an E-ticket, I would expect it to take up a fairly large chunk of land.

With that being said, is it possible that they would be moving CoP to Epcot and building it on that spot? An E-ticket for Tomorrowland would be huge but it's got to be BIG. It would be sweet if they brought back the morphing coaster idea for a lightcycle to lightplane (or whatever they called them in the movie) transition ride.

Or maybe it's that huge because it's going to be a retheme of Tomorrowland altogether and they'll make it look more like The Grid during the night hours?

I dunno, just spitballing ideas because as cool an a Tron E-ticket sounds, it seems like there should be more to it.

EDIT: I highly doubt the coaster theory, having two coasters in Tomorrowland might not fly.

Jrn14

See, this is what I don't understand about people who don't like Tron. It would be sooooo simple to simply say "I personally don't like it and do not want an attraction about it". Instead they tend to make gross overgeneralizations about its popularity and take any opportunity to antagonize the franchise. They make statements that are NOT TRUE and only serve to reinforce their own personal beliefs.

I will only say so much because I feel like I've said the same things over, and over, and over again. Neither film has flopped, although neither performed up to arguably unrealistic expectations. The original Tron made twice its budget, and the newest has made 330 million world wide. It has actually done quite well for the genre, but the budget was too high. If the budget was lets say 100 million vs 170, there would be relatively no question about its success, but the effects may not have been as stunning or possible with a drop in budget.

Barley anyone familiar with Tron, are you serious? I will it admit it has not permiated the culture like Star Wars, but it is there. Do a search on pop culture references of Tron sometime. The whole reason we got the sequel was because of how well the DVD collectors edition of the original did. If there was no interest beyond a basic cult following, this would not have occured, and certainly you would not have been able to convince exec to greenlight a sequel of a 28 year old movie. And there would certainly not have been all of the video games that came after either (Tron 2.0 recieved critical acclaim).

Honestly, the Tron world is the perfect environment for an indoor e ticket. As people are exposed to the attraction and have their breath taken way by the environment, it will only increase the popularity of the franchise. Certainly, there will always be those who don't like it, and that is fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otppMltEGc4

Sorry I couldn'tresist

mickeysgal

I'm excited for any new ride at WDW. I've never seen Tron (either one)...I also have never seen any Star Wars movie either, but I love Star Tours. I don't think that every ride has to be tied to a franchise that is profitable (it doesn't hurt though). As long as the attraction is done well and makes people want to come back again and again...it's a success! Sorry if this has been discussed...but 400+ posts was a lot to read in one sitting.:shrug:

I'm very excited to see what comes of this and if some of it spills out into the tired looking Tomorrowland decor!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom