Project Z

WaltDis4Life

A long time ago, I remember seeing a Disney patent for what appeared to be a large-scale, mechanical marionette-style puppet system. Not small though, the "puppets" would be as large as a person. I thought back then that it could be put to use for a "Woody's Roundup" attraction. My guess is that Country Bears would be on the way out, and a Woody/Jessie show using the new technology would be put in its place.
-zoo

Sounds a lot like the Lion King show that was where Philharmagic is currently, probably just for that show. Since the edition is gonna be within either Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and Main Street U.S.A, I'm gonna have to put my money on Adventureland.

SeaCastle

Let's figure this out logically...

The e-ticket can only be in Main Street, USA, Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, or Adventureland. Remove Main Street and Liberty Square from the list, and you got Adventureland and Tomorrowland.

Now, there is an E-ticket PAD in Adventureland, most likely being built on wetlands outside the "berm" and connected to Adventureland a la Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. In Tomorrowland, you can build on the Main Street backstage parking lot, or you can build on the retention pond/Skyway plot that they built Space Mountain on, way back when.

In Tomorrowland, you would have to assume that Tron would be a huge possibility, though that may not sit well with several echelons of the fan community. Or maybe they could make a brand new E-ticket, who knows.

Something in Adventureland (explicitly not Indy related) would probably be very well received. I haven't a clue what else they could do in Adventureland, but if Lee is giving his seal of approval, then I feel pretty confident whatever is heading to the Magic Kingdom will be pretty darn good.

Atomicmickey

Ummm....yeah...wow....:ROFLOL:

Ok...here's the thing...

I didn't mean to stir folks up or anything. Honest.

All I was saying was that I have heard of, and been able to track down a limited amount of information/confirmation about, a possible future E-ticket. I wondered if it could be possibly announced last night. When I saw the Press Release yesterday, and all it mentioned was FLE, I knew it wouldn't be announced.

I never said it wasn't in MK. It is.
I did say it wasn't for Fantasyland or Frontierland. It isn't.
I think that's all I said...
I said it would be a big deal for fans. I think it will be, for most.

In summary, I have been made aware of a potential new ride for MK, the development of which is tied closely to an international park. (There is quite a cost savings to be had when a ride is developed for two parks at the same time, like Mermaid. That is the case with this one.)
I have obtained a very basic description of the ride, and been told everything from "highly likely" to "greenlit". None of it is firm enough yet for me to post any real detail. I will say that the theme will be no surprise to anyone here.

Stay tuned, be patient, and thanks for reading my babbling.:wave:

I do believe at this point, I'm going to stay tuned, be patient, and say "you're welcome for reading your babbling".

TRONorail10

Kinda funny, I posted several times about something new coming to Adventureland this spring, but nobody has seemed to take notice. What i know has been confirmed since last summer. Tomorrowland Terrace wasn't the only restaurant to get a mini-makeover in the Magic Kingdom. TLT is also primarily in charge of operation of El Pirata Y El Perico, with a little help from Pecos Bill from time to time. Both restaurants were greenlit for at the least, a name change. Tomorrowland Terrace also received a full menu change in order to appeal to a broader range of guests. El Pirata's change is going to be linked to the new POTC movie coming out in the spring when the restaurant re-opens for the larger crowds. Magic Kingdom Restaurant Operations has been very active lately in changes, from new menu items at Launching Pad and Casey's to name changes of Mrs. Pott's Cupboard, Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station and El Pirata Y El Perico. Though Lee has hinted at a ride, the first change in Adventureland will be restaurant oriented. If an Adventurer's Club were to come in the form of a restaurant to Adventureland, the Veranda would be a likely candidate seeing as how it once served as an actual restaurant many years ago and the kitchen area is still in use today by stands-west. But a change a El Pirata is for sure coming first and if Lee saw something about a ride, then we can all cross our fingers for anything new in Adventureland.

PalisadesPkteer

From what Lee just posted.

It will be in either Tomorrowland, Adventureland of Liberty Square in the MK.

Says that we will happy and not unhappy for most of us.

A duplicate of an international park attraction. And an E-ticket one to boot.

1. If Tomorrowland: Removal of SGE or MI laugh floor would make most of us happy. But could an E-ticket ride fit in those. It will not be the speedway. They are slightly moving the corner to fit new FLE so its not going anywhere. (Unfortunately). Feel there would be many unhappy people if it were the COP. and the old stage area is now CM parking correct?
The new ride: MI Ride & Go seek is too similar to Buzz I think and no other rides come to mind. (Maybe you guys and gals can think of some)

2. If Adventureland: Removal of the flying carpets would make us happy. I am not sure about SF Tree house. I still enjoy the attraction put appears that a lot of us here would like to see it go.
The new ride: Mystic point makes sense. It would fit in with the area. Grizzly gulch would be more for Frontierland and Lee ruled out that area.

3. Liberty Square. Well there isn't anything you can get rid of here. HOP, Riverboat and HM. None of these are leaving. Take this area off list I would say.

So which is it?

1. SF Tree house gone - Mystic point in*
2. SGE or MI laugh floor gone - MI Ride & Go seek.

*They could build on the pad here and save the SFTH. This would be the best solution.

NYwdwfan

We're rabid fans - we're not going anywhere! And thanks back atcha for keeping our imaginations working in overdrive!

Looking forward to piecing the snippits together over the coming months.

Crazy Harry

Ok...here's the thing...

All I was saying was that I have heard of, and been able to track down a limited amount of information/confirmation about, a possible future E-ticket. I wondered if it could be possibly announced last night. When I saw the Press Release yesterday, and all it mentioned was FLE, I knew it wouldn't be announced.

In summary, I have been made aware of a potential new ride for MK, the development of which is tied closely to an international park. (There is quite a cost savings to be had when a ride is developed for two parks at the same time, like Mermaid. That is the case with this one.)
I have obtained a very basic description of the ride, and been told everything from "highly likely" to "greenlit". None of it is firm enough yet for me to post any real detail. I will say that the theme will be no surprise to anyone here.

Does the bolded statement mean we are simply familiar with the theme of the attraction, or that we will not be suprized by an attraction being built with that theme although very happy about it?

Atomicmickey

The treehouse is a tough one.

Though the movie is old and not really loved right now, it's part of the landscape of Adventureland, and its removal would be a blow to the whole look and feel of the area.

There has been some harumphing about removing the Snow White ride--but no one would complain if the outdoor portion of it got the "Pooh treatment". Meaning, no one likes to stroll around Fantasyland and just look at it--the way the SFR Treehouse is so important to the ambience.

I also like going up there and just gazing across the MK.

So-yeah, I'd be sad if it went, for those reasons. A truly iconic Disney attraction and a part of the overall "feel" of the park.

That having been said, I can see why they'd pull it, as well. Tough one.

We'll see . . . .

Krack

From what Lee just posted.

It will be in either Tomorrowland, Adventureland of Liberty Square in the MK.

Says that we will happy and not unhappy for most of us.

A duplicate of an international park attraction.

1. If Tomorrowland: Removal of SGE or MI laugh floor would make most of us happy. But could an E-ticket ride fit in those. It will not be the speedway. They are slightly moving the corner to fit new FLE so its not going anywhere. (Unfortunately). Feel there would be many unhappy people if it were the COP. and the old stage area is now CM parking correct?
The new ride: MI Ride & Go seek is too similar to Buzz I think and no other rides come to mind. (Maybe you guys and gals can think of some)

2. If Adventureland: Removal of the flying carpets would make us happy. I am not sure about SF Tree house. I still enjoy the attraction put appears that a lot of us here would like to see it go.
The new ride: Mystic point makes sense. It would fit in with the area. Grizzly gulch would be more for Frontierland and Lee ruled out that area.

3. Liberty Square. Well there isn't anything you can get rid of here. HOP, Riverboat and HM. None of these are leaving. Take this area off list I would say.

So which is it?

1. SF Tree house gone - Mystic point in*
2. SGE or MI laugh floor gone - MI Ride & Go seek.

*They could build on the pad here and save the SFTH. This would be the best solution.

Also extrapolating from Lee's comments, it can't be Mystic Manor because we already know a ton about that and Lee said he only knows the basic concept of the new proposed attraction.

comics101

I'm just wondering, but could Project Z be something as simple as restoring The Enchanted Tiki Room, which has recently be given the greenlight due to the small fire that happend a couple of days ago? hahah I have noooo idea if this is true but I read that Iago recieved quite a bit of water damage, so maybe it's possible they're gonna fix it up for the 40th? Idk. I suppose it would depend on when Lee talked about Project Z, and if the attraction is as bad as I read it was. Heck, I don't even know if it's still running lol I have no idea.

MickeyPeace

In summary, I have been made aware of a potential new ride for MK, the development of which is tied closely to an international park.:

Lee, has this ride already been announced in the international park or has it yet to be announced there also?
I feel like I am a judge trying to figure out the mystery guest on What's My Line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR9L1Fe1f3M
I have figured out this much as a relatively new member on this board. Lee and Raven are the rock stars.
Also, Disney Shanghai has been mentioned several times in this thread. I read on another blog (not sure if I can name drop) that Shanghai city officials disclosed that Shanghai Disneyland will include three parks. Magic Kingdom with the other two possibilities being Epcot and Animal Kingdom. MK to open first. The others years down the line. Anyone else hear about this?

I was reading through everyone's comments and decided I might as well throw in my two cents even though it probably doesn't differ from what has been said already. After reading Lee's posts, the obvious place for the new attraction would be either Adventureland or Tomorrowland. He also said that he was waiting for Shanghai Disney to be announced and that many things would come to light then. Also that whatever the attraction is would be a duplicate attraction, something another park is getting. I think that with the announcement of Shanghai Disney when it happens will at least give us a clue as to what the new Magic Kingdom attraction could be. Meaning we could be getting an attraction that is also going to Shanghai. Also, my own opinion here, with what I heard about the Shanghai park having an island/water theme makes me lean more toward Adventureland simply because of that theme. Any thoughts?

Testtrack321

Also extrapolating from Lee's comments, it can't be Mystic Manor because we already know a ton about that and Lee said he only knows the basic concept of the new proposed attraction.

In addition to that, he said they are in development concurrently, so it can't be Monster-Go-Seek either.

Aragorn

Hi all,
I'm new here, although I've been lurking for awhile. I kind of remember reading at some point something about improvements to Tomorrowland once the Fantasyland expansion is done. Does that sound familiar to anyone, or am I just full of baloney? :lookaroun

Krack

Well, since everything that gets built now-a-days has a character tie in ... and we know it's gonna land in Adventureland or Tomorrowland ... my guess is that it's a TRON based attraction in Tomorrowland (despite their disappointment with the $ it made, my guess is they will go ahead with the third film). The only other properties that makes sense (off the top of my head) is Wall-E, the Incredibles (in Tomorrowland) or the Lion King (Adventureland).

huntzilla

Original Poster

Ok...here's the thing...

Lee I really hope you don't take it the wrong way by me opening this thread. I just felt the things you said yesterday were worthy of it's own discussion.

Anyways, based on your comments that marks it down to TL, AL, and MSUSA. I think we can go ahead and cross off MSUSA. As for TL, someone had mentioned the speedway yesterday and you shot that down rather quickly. So I am going to assume nothing for TL. I now think it is going to be in AL. I have two theories, both probably totally wrong. My first guess would be Fire Mountain. As improbable it may be it would most certianly be an amazing edition to AL. The only reason I could perhaps see this one being real is because I seem to remember a mountain in the Shanghai concept art. I don't remember exactly but they may revisit my idea. My second guess, which I think is closer, would be Pirate Mountain. Maybe Disney would add that POTC/SM hybrid that was planned for HKDL. This would fit Lee's comment of overseas parks. The POTC franchise is most certianly large enough for two attractions and would make a great mini-land of sorts. Plus it could be opening for POTC 5 or 6.

Club34

Please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree. :cry:

Honestly, i would be sadder for the treehouse to be removed than JC. How about a revamped JC ride like a mild water coaster with the animatronic animals and such or perhaps a pirates thrill ride to be the brother/sister to the tame classic PotC right next door?

Also, people have indicated that there is space in adventureland to build. i study google map for wdw almost daily. i dont see space in AL. could someone with some skills post a schematic/pic of the areas in question.

Please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom