Project Z

RandySavage

b) an Adventurer's club inspired restaurant

I'm leaning towards dining/entertainment experience. Why?

I think that interactive dining is going to be a new wave of entertainment at WDW, starting with Beauty and the Beast. Like them or not, the Rainforest Cafe/T. Rex Cafe model is HUGELY profitable. I think Disney is going to co-opt some of that style of dining for it's new experiences.
Think solidly themed environment--that has changing, interactive elements, and perhaps character shows--either face characters, costumes, or Animatronics.

We are seeing these experiences happening on the new cruise ship as well.

So--you combine dining with entertainment--and add merchandise that goes with it, and you have a one, two, three punch.

Why do I say "Adventurer's club inspired?" For a couple reasons. Timeless theme that can go with whatever they add to Adventureland, BUT, and this is a big BUT . . . no Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom.

Either way--you can bet they're trying to come up with a response to ButterBeer, be it Pirate Punch or an alcohol free Kungaloosh-something.

I'm just musing here! Just getting the ball rolling.

The way you've presented this, AC makes perfect sense:
1. Disney loves building restaurants over attractions as they are direct, rather than indirect, profit centers.
2. MK's got a restaurant facility in the correct thematic zone goes mostly unused (Adventureland Veranda), which they could add to vertically.
3. It would delight the very vocal Adventurers' Club fans who are displeased at its loss.

WDW FTW

Something in AdventureLand please it seems very empty to me because jungle cruise is way in the back and the only significant ride to the majority of the daily population is pirates so they need another ride or restraunt that will draw in audiences to the new place, plus it will ease up the fantasyland2.0 crowds...

ryanduggers

As far as speculation about when & where Shanghai will be announced, if it is announced anywhere but China itself, the Chinese will be offended.

wizards8507

I really think it's time to finish Animal Kingdom. Get enough non-animal attractions and a "nighttime spectacular" to push park hours until 9:00 PM and give people a reason to stay and pay for a table service dinner. I really don't understand why FLE was given priority over this.

*sigh* Beastly Kindomme *sigh*

dweezil78

WRE will never happen, as amazing as it would be if it did for those of us who have been following this legendary unmade attraction for years and years.

Simply put, modern audiences are just not into Westerns like they were when Disneyland first opened in 1955. Interest was more than waning by the time WDW opened in '71. Cowboys and Indians are a thing of the past.

Many of us who grew up part of later generations have a fondness and love for Frontierland because we associate it with Disney, not because we are fans of the Western genre. (not speaking for everyone, just making a general statement) To create such an expensive Western themed attraction for today's audiences would be a dumb move, despite how amazing the plans for WRE were. Besides, a good chunk of those scenes/ideas ended up being integrated into other rides along the way like World of Motion, The Land, and even Phantom Manor in Paris.

If I had to bet money on it, I'd say the closest we'll ever get to a new character driven/story based Frontierland attraction would be something centered around Woody from Toy Story...

cheezbat

Seeing as how Fantasyland is getting alot of love now, and Lee said it wasn't anything going there, I'd count out that land...as well as Frontierland and Tomorrowland.
My bet is definitely on Adventureland...a land that NEEDS a new E-ticket attraction. It's been neglected for many years. I hate to say it, but I would think that the earth-shattering move would be the closure and replacement of Jungle Crusie...or maybe a complete reimagining of a Jungle Cruise. :eek:

zooey

Simply put, modern audiences are just not into Westerns like they were when Disneyland first opened in 1955. Interest was more than waning by the time WDW opened in '71. Cowboys and Indians are a thing of the past.
Really?

true-grit-poster.jpg

T-1MILLION

NO JOKE! I was just about to post that True Grit poster when I read that quote.

Hollywood is ready for a Western come back because of this movie was such a huge hit. They also have huge profit margins as they typically don't cost a ton to make and age well because they are all practical physical sets and stunts.

And even without that. Kids always love being cowboys and that renegade feeling of cowboys and bandits of the west. Its a timeless fantasy like pirates was even before the films were a hit.

I sure hope this project is not a Pirates expansion/treehouse transformation.

Maybe this 'project z' will be us finally getting our info about the HM queue deals.

CarlFredricksen

If it is Adventureland, they won't tear down SFR Treehouse. With the remake set to come out in 2012, it wouldn't be good PR to release a movie as they tear down an attraction themed to that movie. My hunch is a SFR refurb could add new life to the aged attraction.

With a long queue, there is enough room in the south part of Adventureland to build an E-ticket attraction.

RandySavage

To the above point, the pirate genre was dead for a long while (in Hollywood) until PotC resuscitated it. Now the creators of PotC (Bruckheimer, Verbinski, Depp) are setting their sights on the Western (Lone Ranger).

Fox&Hound

A Fun Idea

Hi All! I'm new here (but I've been a big fan of this site for a long time). This is just a random idea, but I'd love to see Adventureland get an upgrade. An "Up" ride would seem to really fit- I mean it was based around the fact that "adventure is out there." Some kind of a ride where you enter Carl's house and it takes you around the world and shows you Carl's adventures with Russell and Dug.

Atomicmickey

Was just gonna say, Lone Ranger upcoming, look at True Grit, and the upcoming Cowboys and Aliens (non Disney).

But, yeah, I could see some sort of Woody's Roundup type of thing going in as well.

Just not sure they'd dip that deep into the well to make WRE an actual thing.

Hmmm.

Ain't it funny how it hasn't been a day since the big announcement and we're already on to what's next, lol?

I wouldn't think that anything big would include taking down the Treehouse, or the Jungle Cruise--Lee's "fanboi explosion" was the Death Star exploding, and that was a "HOORAY!" moment, not a "BOO!"
moment.

Though, the past couple of days have shown that one person's hooray is another's boo, and so you can't please everyone.

Where's Lee, Raven, and Juan to get in on the early Sweepstakes? Must be exhausted from all the prognostications of yesterday . . . .:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom