Project Z

Lee also confirmed it was for MK. I think we may be thinking too big quite oftne here.

Someone said it was shot down as a possiblity but one of the first places my mind went when I saw 'green' was the speedway/autopia style cars the newer international parks have gotten. Not too familiar with those though.

He said it would make most of us happy and the only thing that would involve the speedway is it going away :lol:

juan

Lee also confirmed it was for MK. I think we may be thinking too big quite oftne here.

Someone said it was shot down as a possiblity but one of the first places my mind went when I saw 'green' was the speedway/autopia style cars the newer international parks have gotten. Not too familiar with those though.

I think his reference to "green" was as in "greenlit"

Skyway

Lee--

Without playing 20 questions, will you tell us whether it is going to be a built-from-scratch attraction on a new plot of land, or will it take over some part of an existing building?

Since Lee does not expect anyone to be disappointed, I'd rule out anything Pixar, since that tends to incite the "Anti-Pixarification" crowd.

I know Lee said it may be "greenlit". I'm just wondering, could it be "bluelit".....

csm

Lee--

Without playing 20 questions, will you tell us whether it is going to be a built-from-scratch attraction on a new plot of land, or will it take over some part of an existing building?

Since Lee does not expect anyone to be disappointed, I'd rule out anything Pixar, since that tends to incite the "Anti-Pixarification" crowd.

I know Lee said it may be "greenlit". I'm just wondering, could it be "bluelit".....

I'm not Lee, but the attraction would be no overlay. And rest assured it has NOTHING to do with Pixar. I'm not overly motivated to queue for the storyline personally, but many, many others will. I am excited for the ride itself though. Again, in Shanghai. Only Shanghai for now.

MickeyPeace

I'm not Lee, but the attraction would be no overlay. And rest assured it has NOTHING to do with Pixar. I'm not overly motivated to queue for the storyline personally, but many, many others will. I am excited for the ride itself though. Again, in Shanghai. Only Shanghai for now.

Hi CSM! Are you a cast member? So nothing to do with Pixar and not an overlay. There go my guesses-Wall E, Monsters, Toy Story.
Researching Shanghai...

cheezbat

It's gotta be a Mountain...the MK has needed another thrill ride for awhile, and what better place to put another mountain than Adventureland?

Somebody get over to that Disney Museum and get a detailed picture of the Shanghai artwork! We need to get an idea of what big exciting attractions are on the board for that park!

huntzilla

Original Poster
It's gotta be a Mountain...the MK has needed another thrill ride for awhile, and what better place to put another mountain than Adventureland?

Somebody get over to that Disney Museum and get a detailed picture of the Shanghai artwork! We need to get an idea of what big exciting attractions are on the board for that park!

This is a bit off topic but why has NO ONE gone over to the museum to get a better picture. That photo has been around for months but not a single person has actually gone there to see if for themselves. With so many DL fans in California, how can not one want to go there. Very strange to me.

MickeyPeace

That fuzzy pic from last summer of Shanghai Disney shows a water ride with waterfalls like the never built Western River Expedition. Could be that. That brings things full circle.

plutoismyhero

OK so we have narrowed it down to 2 places but i seem to forget where this pad in AL is....does anyone have a pic or even a simple description.
Also when are we thinking this is gonna be announced since the did JUST announce FLE 2 days ago.
I can see the area in tomorrowland, using google earth, which looks for good for development but i cant find the area in AL.

Crazy Harry

I believe it was Lee who said it was an E-ticket. E-ticket = big. So it is definetly not just new cars for the speedway. Does not match the info we have been given.

Crazy Harry

That kind of makes it sound like Tron to me :shrug:.
This is so exciting :sohappy: (just the fun of knowing there is something big in the works and not knowing what it is)

In the words of Lewis Black, it's like when they bring you a karaffe of coffee at IHOP. It's like someone's coming to visit and I don't know who :ROFLOL:

puntagordabob

He said it would make most of us happy and the only thing that would involve the speedway is it going away :lol:

I like the Speedway! Also they are shifting it for the FLE so that sounds out of the question.

That kind of makes it sound like Tron to me :shrug:.

I would enjoy a Tron attraction....fan of the original and of the remake... BUT imho Tron would not be a good fit for Adventureland....

EPCOTCenterLover

IMHO, if it is Tron, it should be set for most every park, not just Shanghai. I'll go with Fire Mountain- It will balance out the crowds from Space Mountain, especially if Disney/Chinese govt forgoes Frontierland as being too American.

terp79

MAN, this thread is el fuego!!!!!

I hope that whatever this concept is gets greenlit because if the resort keeps riding on the news and anticipation of the FLE and they keep the speed up and announce another e-ticket attraction the press and hype will begin to really take off even more for the parks and maybe we can see a profit from the darks division.

Either way I want more! We all do. So bring it!!!!!;)

dkp

Lee, has this ride already been announced in the international park or has it yet to be announced there also?
I feel like I am a judge trying to figure out the mystery guest on What's My Line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR9L1Fe1f3M
I have figured out this much as a relatively new member on this board. Lee and Raven are the rock stars.

Just how I feel! But I love the speculation, and am eager to hear more "babbling." :)

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, has this ride already been announced in the international park or has it yet to be announced there also?
It's Shanghai. Nothing has been officially announced.

Please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree, please don't touch my tree. :cry:
They won't.

It is not confirmed for MK. Not by a long shot.
Agreed not confirmed, not so much the "by a long shot" part.
;)

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm. Interesting...
It will be adverntureland based then. This really narrows things down. Thanks!

Really? You sure?
Make no assumptions.

I'm not gonna name the land yet, since that would likely give the whole thing away, and I don't need to pi$$ off TDO right now. As soon as I hear a definate "green", I'll spill all I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom