Project Z

zooey

It's going to be a Toy Story-based Frontierland attraction; something featuring Woody/Jessie.

A long time ago, I remember seeing a Disney patent for what appeared to be a large-scale, mechanical marionette-style puppet system. Not small though, the "puppets" would be as large as a person. I thought back then that it could be put to use for a "Woody's Roundup" attraction. My guess is that Country Bears would be on the way out, and a Woody/Jessie show using the new technology would be put in its place.
-zoo

dweezil78

Really?

true-grit-poster.jpg

LOL. I was waiting for that. Ok, maybe bad timing on my part. But as a pop-culture phenomenon, I honestly do not think we are about to see a resurgence in the Western genre. True Grit and Red Dead (great game, BTW) were aimed at a very adult audience. This is not something the kids of today are clamoring for though...

T-1MILLION

A long time ago, I remember seeing a Disney patent for what appeared to be a large-scale, mechanical marionette-style puppet system. Not small though, the "puppets" would be as large as a person. I thought back then that it could be put to use for a "Woody's Roundup" attraction. My guess is that Country Bears would be on the way out, and a Woody/Jessie show using the new technology would be put in its place.
-zoo

Ewww. Woody's Round up was a poke at the Howdie Doodie culture and a small aspect of the second film. We don't need anything like that going into Frontierland. Especially not more Toy Story since its already represented by two popular rides IMHO.

Then again, hopefully they don't just shove more of that into the Diamond Horeshoe. I would love to see a revival of the original stylings of comedy and routines featured in the Diamond Horsehoe review.

And to True Grit. I don't know, more people in general have seen True Grit than have seen Tron. (Tron has only performed better money wise as of now due to Imax and 3D not attendance) so kids ARE seeing it and boys DO have interest in westerns. Parents have interest in westerns and they go to Disney too.

And again. A good attraction is a good attraction. No matter what the theme. We don't need film tie ins to have great themed enviorments of what we wish we could be in different times or in our imaginations.

Lee

Adventurer
Ummm....yeah...wow....:ROFLOL:

Ok...here's the thing...

I didn't mean to stir folks up or anything. Honest.

All I was saying was that I have heard of, and been able to track down a limited amount of information/confirmation about, a possible future E-ticket. I wondered if it could be possibly announced last night. When I saw the Press Release yesterday, and all it mentioned was FLE, I knew it wouldn't be announced.

I never said it wasn't in MK. It is.
I did say it wasn't for Fantasyland or Frontierland. It isn't.
I think that's all I said...
I said it would be a big deal for fans. I think it will be, for most.

In summary, I have been made aware of a potential new ride for MK, the development of which is tied closely to an international park. (There is quite a cost savings to be had when a ride is developed for two parks at the same time, like Mermaid. That is the case with this one.)
I have obtained a very basic description of the ride, and been told everything from "highly likely" to "greenlit". None of it is firm enough yet for me to post any real detail. I will say that the theme will be no surprise to anyone here.

Stay tuned, be patient, and thanks for reading my babbling.:wave:

muteki

If it is something for Frontierland, I am thinking TSI redo. Either to WRE or something different. I don't think the new pirate theme from DL will work though (not sure it works there either TBH).

I am pretty happy with what we got. Can't really think of anything else I would like to see at MK that isn't wildly implausible or unrealistic. Epcot on the other hand...

Lee

Adventurer
tearing out the CoP, which would be a "big deal for fans."

Just a guess, but notice Lee didn't mention it would make fans happy in his new summary...

Hopefully I am just being pessimistic though.
I'm not gonna say what it is until I can get more "green" confirmation.
I feel it will make most folks happy, certainly won't make anyone upset...I don't think.

I like it.:D

Bender!

-zoo
This.

This would make me so happy.

sniggle74

After just reading Lee's comment about ties to an international park and being done at the same time makes me lean toward Grizzly Gulch or Mystic Point. They would be constructed around the same time and fits around the same areas of the park. Just a thought - or just a fan boy's dream.

zooey

Farewell Mr. Sawyer, TDO finally figured out how irrelevant your island is.

He is pretty irrelevant, though. If this is what's going I say great. My only concern would be about fitting in with the theme of frontierland and as well as Liberty Square.

MotherOfBirds

I like TSI, personally. It's really cool to explore and kids love the caves and the fort and everything. The only issue is A. it's a pain to get over there and B. no food. They could make it relevant, they just choose to ignore it.

Testtrack321

We're finally getting that Main Street USA E-Ticket we've all been waiting for.

bwahahaha! Disney fanboys are going to freak when they unveil the new coaster that weaves through the Main Street buildings like at Universal Japan and Orlando! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom