Project Z

raven

You mean like this?:lol:
RohdeCartoon.JPG

Ah, Joe. Even more strange-looking in person but a very neat individual. I can see why he became an Imagineer.

NYwdwfan

The problem with the AE/SGE show building is that there's really no room at all to do anything else with the space. Its not big enough for an E-ticket or even a simple dark ride. There's just the two preshow rooms and the two main event theaters. That's why the space has been reutilized with the theater in the round concept.

Sometimes I hate logic. :lol:

bjlc57

there is the big open dead space by Buzz Lightyear.. I mean its empty.. nothing for 200 yards in any direction.. that would be my first choice for a new ride..

so I guess that I have to take back some words I used to a previous post.. but I didn't see this post at all to know of the potential of an E TICKET RIDE..

however, you still don't see, a BLOW HARRY POTTER OUT OF THE WATER attitude here.. its one new ride.. and not a new land or an area.. one ride.. where as Harry Potter probably will be expanding ever more on what they already have and already beaten Disney to the punch...

Lee.. I hope that you can give us the info before some one jumps off a bridge.. especially a bridge in Florida.. cuz there are gators under most of them..

wizards8507

You post confuses me just a little because an "original concept" and one from a Disney film (Tron) and two different things. That's was one of my points. Obviously if they were to build a Tron attraction they certainly wouldn't leave out any marketing or merchandise opportunity around the movie. They would take every liberty to include these things and the guest would know about that movie if they have to slam it down their throats. That keeps guests buying and seeing Disney movies when they leave the parks. Older guests remember the first Tron and the current film draws upon that and newer viewers. It's a great idea.

The one attraction that goes away from this theory though is Song of the South (Splash Mountain) for obvious reasons. But they still sell merchandise! :lol:

I guess I just have hope that they'd allow the attraction to stand for itself, but I suppose that's a bit naive, especially considering that they forced Jack Sparrow on us in POTC. Pirates was/is a great ride and the films are equally great (in my opinion) but they are also independently great. The ride didn't need Jack Sparrow to be successful. The films took the concept of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and used it in an original way with original characters. I guess that would be my hope for a potential Tron attraction; that the ride use the Tron "universe" but that it not simply be a retelling of the story... that the Imagineers come up with a unique and independent story to tell based on the Tron universe.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ah, Joe. Even more strange-looking in person but a very neat individual. I can see why he became an Imagineer.
So true. I just love his energy. The more he talks about a project, the more excited he gets. I have often wondered if there is someone off camera with a stop watch saying "We are nearing 3 minutes! You know if we let Joe go on for 5 he will spontaneously combust.":lol:

imagineer boy

Um, really? :brick:

Aah! I've been shot down by Raven! We're going in!!! AAAAAHHHHHH..... *crash*

there is the big open dead space by Buzz Lightyear.. I mean its empty.. nothing for 200 yards in any direction.. that would be my first choice for a new ride..

so I guess that I have to take back some words I used to a previous post.. but I didn't see this post at all to know of the potential of an E TICKET RIDE..

however, you still don't see, a BLOW HARRY POTTER OUT OF THE WATER attitude here.. its one new ride.. and not a new land or an area.. one ride.. where as Harry Potter probably will be expanding ever more on what they already have and already beaten Disney to the punch...

Lee.. I hope that you can give us the info before some one jumps off a bridge.. especially a bridge in Florida.. cuz there are gators under most of them..

Ooh, that's true! There's a ton of space in the old Galaxy Palace theater area where they built a crummy parking lot. Lots of potential for somthing there.

Jon_in_NC

Tron in Tomorrowland.

I'm definitely for more TRON in Tomorrowland!

I know some people love the nostalgia of it, but Tomorrowland Speedway is WAY past it's relevance and theming for Tomorrowland. They should at least make the cars electric and designed more futuristic. IMHO it is such a waste of a very large chunk of real estate (approximately 4 acres compared to approximately 5 acres for the FLE, and look what they're doing with that 5 acres!)

I know it might be redundant next to Space Mountain, but... some type of TRON dark coaster experience themed to both exploring the TRON environment and a Lightcycle chase would be so cool (think Revenge of the Mummy indoor coaster at Universal, or Expedition Everest at AK). Where you could explore the environment at a slower pace, but then transition to a coaster speed later. Or...perhaps gut out Stitch's Great Escape and install an enclosed motion simulator type ride (think Cyber Space Mountain) to replicate a LightCycle chase.

raven

I guess I just have hope that they'd allow the attraction to stand for itself, but I suppose that's a bit naive, especially considering that they forced Jack Sparrow on us in POTC. Pirates was/is a great ride and the films are equally great (in my opinion) but they are also independently great. The ride didn't need Jack Sparrow to be successful. The films took the concept of "Pirates of the Caribbean" and used it in an original way with original characters.

True. But by adding Jack Sparrow and a couple of other characters from the film they are able to tap into guests wallets even more.

Again, think like an Imagineer.

Tron would be a great attraction, no doubt. But the theory are trying to point out doesn't really fit that description. They would definately take every opportunity to promote the movie of they built it.

Aah! I've been shot down by Raven! We're going in!!! AAAAAHHHHHH..... *crash*.

Well, "Imagineer" Boy. You do realize that Toon Town will be closing for good in a month, right? :animwink:

raven

From what I've heard they're converting the rest of Lost Continent into Harry Potter. :shrug:

Ah well then that's a different matter. I don't keep up on all things Universal, sorry. I was just thinking of expansion without tearing down what they already have.

bjlc57

Expanding? They'd have to take over Dr. Phillips High School stadium area first. :lol:

let me ask you a question.. Do they have the money to "buy out the stadium and build a new one?".. . if the answer to that question is yes..

then I wouldn't be so fast in saying no...

PirateFrank

Lee, Raven....

as always, mixed emotions on a thank you. Thank you, sincerely, for giving us what you have, as always.

....and Thank you, damn you....for sending my idle thought process into overdrive today. I think *I* am going to spontaneously combust.

raven

let me ask you a question.. Do they have the money to "buy out the stadium and build a new one?".. . if the answer to that question is yes..

then I wouldn't be so fast in saying no...

You have to remember that a major road (Turkey Lake) separates the two. Do you really think locals will sit back quietly and watch their public school being torn down and taken over by UO? Yeah, that will go over real well.

disnyfan89

Ok I think I've got it figured out. Lee and Raven have hinted both a t new projects but Lee is referring to a different project than Raven.

For Lee I think it is simple: A Tron E-ticket in Tomorrowland. It makes sense with the additional clues provided by Raven.

So why Tron? It has a huge cult following. The movie has been around for years so appeals to youngsters of old AKA the people in control of the Wallets in today's society and with the new movie it has expanded appeal to a new generation. Also, Merch is a proven success with all the cool and unique offering provided by different name brands and designers.

So it has a broad appeal to a proven audience that spans multiple generations and we know it can sell merchandise. Plus we know integrating it into the parks is a huge success with elecTRONica. Plus what fan boy doesn't want to ride a lightcycle?

Now on to Raven:

We know this would not be a new attraction but a "plussing" of sorts.
Based on the Press release thread we know the attraction is near the Tiki Room

So we can guess:
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin
Pirates
Treehouse

Using logic we can eliminate Pirates cause it has already been plussed. Lee said they weren't touching Treehouse so cross that one off as well. That leaves Jungle Cruise and Aladdin.

Im putting money on Jungle. It's the logical choice and they could easily plus it with the new additions to Disneyland's JC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom