Project Z

Alektronic

Expanding? They'd have to take over Dr. Phillips High School stadium area first. :lol:

Then they could change their name from Dr Phillips Panthers to the Dr Phillips Wizards!! :ROFLOL:

Actually, there is still room for expansion south of Hollywood Way and east of Turkey Lake.

T-1MILLION

Im putting money on Jungle. It's the logical choice and they could easily plus it with the new additions to Disneyland's JC.

Last I checked but things may of changed the rumors of this project had to do with something that has already been a project to international parks(thing may of changed as I have not gotten to read every page yet)

so maybe if it is related to the Jungle Cruise it would be the Jungle Cruise getting a temple fire/water scene more like the one in Hong Kong?

wizards8507

Last I checked but things may of changed the rumors of this project had to do with something that has already been a project to international parks.

You're right, but it's allegedly related to an UNANNOUNCED project for an international park. Thus, we can't look at existing international attractions/projects, but rather, when/if it is announced, we won't be the only ones getting it.

PirateFrank

BTW, I've figured it all out.

Close the thread...stop the presses. no need for a green light announcement.

Here it is.

ready?

wait for it....

DoofenshmirtzEvil.jpg

Doofenschmirtz Evil, Inc. - The new Tomorrowland dark ride.
Help Perry the Platypus avoid a dozen different 'inators' and save the world from Doofenschmirtz's evil plans! ;)

disnyfan89

Last I checked but things may of changed the rumors of this project had to do with something that has already been a project to international parks(thing may of changed as I have not gotten to read every page yet)

so maybe if it is related to the Jungle Cruise it would be the Jungle Cruise getting a temple fire/water scene more like the one in Hong Kong?
Lee's project had to do with shanghai aka the Tron Lightcycle ride.

Raven originally was talking about something more simple.

Atomicmickey

There was some talk at some point about a Jungle Cruise "plussing" . . . can't remember.

That can't be "it", though. It's gotta be something new to the MK.

And I ain't buying Tron at all. Not that I wouldn't enjoy that aesthetic coming to TL, but I think we're talking Adventureland.

Not that I know anything.

Weren't we asked to sit back and be patient? We are such bad listeners.

disnyfan89

There was some talk at some point about a Jungle Cruise "plussing" . . . can't remember.

That can't be "it", though. It's gotta be something new to the MK.

And I ain't buying Tron at all. Not that I wouldn't enjoy that aesthetic coming to TL, but I think we're talking Adventureland.

Not that I know anything.

Weren't we asked to sit back and be patient? We are such bad listeners.

Lee is talking about Tomorrowland! Raven was talking about Adventureland. There are two projects that where referenced in this and the original press release thread!

Come on guys, all the clues are here :wave:

PhilharMagician

Let's figure this out logically...

The e-ticket can only be in Main Street, USA, Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, or Adventureland. Remove Main Street and Liberty Square from the list, and you got Adventureland and Tomorrowland.

Now, there is an E-ticket PAD in Adventureland, most likely being built on wetlands outside the "berm" and connected to Adventureland a la Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

In Tomorrowland, you can build on the Main Street backstage parking lot, or you can build on the retention pond/Skyway plot that they built Space Mountain on, way back when.
Well, I guess you could do that, but there is room behind JC and Pirates bldg with a slight road move/reroute. Martin had put together a nice overlay of the area a few years ago when another rumor was floating around about Fire Mountain.

In Tomorrowland, you would have to assume that Tron would be a huge possibility, though that may not sit well with several echelons of the fan community. Or maybe they could make a brand new E-ticket, who knows.
Tron?? Tron just does not seem to be a big enough franchise with enough followers to make it worth while. Not every attraction needs a movie or character tie in.

disnyfan89

Well, I guess you could do that, but there is room behind JC and Pirates bldg with a slight road move/reroute. Martin had put together a nice overlay of the area a few years ago when another rumor was floating around about Fire Mountain.

Tron?? Tron just does not seem to be a big enough franchise with enough followers to make it worth while. Not every attraction needs a movie or character tie in.
But tron sells merchandise and once again is proven in a themepark enviroment with elcTRONica.

wizards8507

But the attraction possibilities are huge. As some people (including myself) said earlier, Disney certainly isn't selling any Song of the South merchandise, but Splash Mountain is such a great attraction that it sells itself. Not that I have any understanding of engineering, but it seems to me that the world of Tron lends itself to groundbreaking ride technology.

Lee

Adventurer
Im putting money on Jungle. It's the logical choice and they could easily plus it with the new additions to Disneyland's JC.

Hah!
The Jungle refurb/pussing has been on again/off again so many times that it's just become sad.
Look elsewhere...

I think everyone is looking at it wrong with trying to shoehorn in existing current Disney movies into the areas...
Its been hinted that it will be near the Tiki Room, well the only way to get to the back pad site is across from the Tikis...
and E-Ticket that would cause the fanboy universe to explode...
and an Adventureland theme...
What about something in the way of Fire Mountain/Journey to the Center of the Earth or the return of 20k Leagues Under the Sea...
Here you have stories with staying power and 20k is supposed to me remade soon, so it fits with JL's vision to have new rides open in the same window of the movie...
:lookaroun

Atomicmickey

I hear they have a movie in the works called Magic Kingdom.

Maybe it's something themed around that. Like, a whole world of different little lands, each themed in a different way.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom