Project Z

NYwdwfan

A concept that died long ago. RIP.:dazzle:

I looked it up so I figured I'd share - for historical purposes - obviously old info:

Fire Mountain is a much rumored ride that was originally supposed to be built behind Pirates of the Caribbean but the rumor now places it where 20,000 Leauges used to be. There has yet to be an official word from Disney about this and it has been over 9 years since the rumors first showed up with the removal of the Skyway. The ride would have tied in with the 2001 release of the Disney movie Atlantis. Fire Mountain would have been a volcano with a very interesting ride system. It would have been the first morphing coaster where the ride vehicle's bottom would separate from the rider when the volcano erupted. Guests would then be dangling in a harness for the rest of the ride.

MickeyPeace

You post confuses me just a little because an "original concept" and one from a Disney film (Tron) and two different things. That's was one of my points. Obviously if they were to build a Tron attraction they certainly wouldn't leave out any marketing or merchandise opportunity around the movie. They would take every liberty to include these things and the guest would know about that movie if they have to slam it down their throats. That keeps guests buying and seeing Disney movies when they leave the parks. Older guests remember the first Tron and the current film draws upon that and newer viewers. It's a great idea.

The one attraction that goes away from this theory though is Song of the South (Splash Mountain) for obvious reasons. But they still sell merchandise! :lol:
Raven,
At first I thought you were saying this new E Ticket was not based off of a movie because of the risk involved with it. Now it seems that it might be Tron because there are two films two decades apart and that covers a lot of people.

After reading your statements, I think your intention was to tell us that the attraction is not movie or character based. Does anyone know about Tron in Shanghai? I think the first park in Shanghai will stick with the most popular Disney characters (Cinderella, Mickey, etc) and not include things like Tron or Monsters Inc. Therefore I think this attraction is not movie based or maybe even character based.

So I'm going with either Fire Mountain or WRE. Either of these would be what I would most like to see anyway.

Now if I could just get that nagging doubt to go away since Raven just said to someone else "Are you sure it's Adventureland" like it wasn't. lol
:confused:

disnyfan89

Hah!
The Jungle refurb/pussing has been on again/off again so many times that it's just become sad.
Look elsewhere...

Lee are we talking about the New e-ticket you are referencing or Raven's project when he said:
Haven't heard anything about the Tiki Room but I have seen concepts about another attraction redo that's nearby. :animwink: Who knows if that information will be released though as it's still premature.

If your just talking about the redo then I have to go back to my original guess in the press release thread when I guessed a redo of the Aladdin Spinner. Guest research has been polling guest a lot about this ride and it was suppose to go down for a refurb until Tiki caught on fire.

I think everyone is looking at it wrong with trying to shoehorn in existing current Disney movies into the areas...
Its been hinted that it will be near the Tiki Room, well the only way to get to the back pad site is across from the Tikis...
and E-Ticket that would cause the fanboy universe to explode...
and an Adventureland theme...
What about something in the way of Fire Mountain/Journey to the Center of the Earth or the return of 20k Leagues Under the Sea...
Here you have stories with staying power and 20k is supposed to me remade soon, so it fits with JL's vision to have new rides open in the same window of the movie...
:lookaroun

See raven's quote above. I still think we're talking about tomorrowland here in terms of project Z

csm

Raven,
At first I thought you were saying this new E Ticket was not based off of a movie because of the risk involved with it. Now it seems that it might be Tron because there are two films two decades apart and that covers a lot of people.

After reading your statements, I think your intention was to tell us that the attraction is not movie or character based. Does anyone know about Tron in Shanghai? I think the first park in Shanghai will stick with the most popular Disney characters (Cinderella, Mickey, etc) and not include things like Tron or Monsters Inc. Therefore I think this attraction is not movie based or maybe even character based.

So I'm going with either Fire Mountain or WRE. Either of these would be what I would most like to see anyway.

Now if I could just get that nagging doubt to go away since Raven just said to someone else "Are you sure it's Adventureland" like it wasn't. lol
:confused:

Acting as an outside view of Raven's post - the intention was to give an example that NOT ALL movies can be attractions; they first need to prove they have long-term staying power. Things like Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin - those are movies that do have staying power and have clearly lasted the test of time. This doesn't always mean an attraction will come, naturally, nor WHEN. Look at how long it took to FINALLY get a Little Mermaid ride, for example!

I can tell you, Raven did not say yes or no if it was movie based.

Lee

Adventurer
I think the first park in Shanghai will stick with the most popular Disney characters (Cinderella, Mickey, etc) and not include things like Tron or Monsters Inc.
Boy, you'd sure be wrong about that. Not Tron or MI specifically, but Shanghai is going to be unlike any MK park yet built, and will feature all sorts of things not seen before in a Disney park.

Lee are we talking about the New e-ticket you are referencing or Raven's project when he said:...
That would likely refer to the thing raven is talking about.

MickeyPeace

Acting as an outside view of Raven's post - the intention was to give an example that NOT ALL movies can be attractions; they first need to prove they have long-term staying power. Things like Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin - those are movies that do have staying power and have clearly lasted the test of time. This doesn't always mean an attraction will come, naturally, nor WHEN. Look at how long it took to FINALLY get a Little Mermaid ride, for example!

I can tell you, Raven did not say yes or no if it was movie based.

If it is movie based I think we would all agree it is Tron. However I am sticking with my last educated guess which is that it is not Tron.
Tron Legacy was just released in China on Jan 14th. Would imagineers already have begun planning an attraction based on the unknown? Let's not forget the first film was a flop in the USA (not sure if it was released in China) Neither Raven or Lee have shot down Tron but...

I am sticking with my belief that it is not movie based.

Also as I stated earlier, I think for a first park in Shanghai imagineers would stay with characters that are proven popular. I don't think such a risk would be taken for phase one.

MickeyPeace

Boy, you'd sure be wrong about that. Not Tron or MI specifically, but Shanghai is going to be unlike any MK park yet built, and will feature all sorts of things not seen before in a Disney park.

That would likely refer to the thing raven is talking about.

LOL Lee! I posted my last statement before you said this. OK I am totally wrong. Must...get.... on.....with ....day! ugh
:brick:

ToTBellHop

So they have learned their lesson after building Hong Kong Disneyland? Apparently, the Chinese don't just care about parades and gardens.

ryanduggers

My hope is that it involves the removal of Stitch. I finally did it in december and it was horrible. The laugh floor is often panned but is much better.

cheezbat

We're getting an Aladdin magic Carpet thrill ride! :ROFLOL:

that would actually be kinda cool!

Shanghai is getting some MAJOR Disney love. Unlike Hong Kong, this park sure sounds to be starting off with a good and unique lineup of rides. I can't wait until the announcement of the park, because then we will finally have some ideas as to what this mystery attraction could be.

Tron IS a possibility....but so could something Marvel be. By the time this attraction could be opened at the MK, I'm sure IOA will no longer have the rights to the Marvel characters.

_Scar

Mary-Poppins.jpg

Are Bert, Mary, Jane, and Michael involved in Shanghai or MK?

csm

Also as I stated earlier, I think for a first park in Shanghai imagineers would stay with characters that are proven popular. I don't think such a risk would be taken for phase one.

Lee is definitely correct that your guess is far off base here.

_Scar

Only Jane. She's finally getting her own attraction.

Ugh. Jane always gets her own rides. Time for Michael to step it up- or step in time.

Edit- Chrism, I'm pretty sure it'll be sooner rather than later according to the insiders here. Probably weeks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom