Project Z

PhilharMagician

No, this project is not in the DtD area at all, nor is it a show of any kind. This is nothing on the scale of an attraction, just an update to an original resort.

Yes I am, there is actually a project going on right now with that designation. I am not contradicting anything that Lee has said about other Project Z's, but I have first hand knowledge of this current project.

So there are multiple project "Z"ssss? I thought that was a name the Lee threw at an unamed project possiblility for MK a few months ago. There are multiple resort rumors floating all around, but never heard them referred to as project "Z". I guess I must have missed something somewhere.

PKD

Right, that's its actual name. It's a resort update.

The proposed "Sorcerers in the Magic Kingdom" that was mentioned on MiceAge last week is much more interesting.

I've been waiting for this one to hit the airwaves, Steve/Lee, ever found out anything more from when we spoke?

I'm not sure what Miceage has said, but this project has been slated for MK around 2014 and is apart of the NextGen program.

inluvwithbeast

I've been waiting for this one to hit the airwaves, Steve/Lee, ever found out anything more from when we spoke?

I'm not sure what Miceage has said, but this project has been slated for MK around 2014 and is apart of the NextGen program.

I haven't seen many people talk about this other than a bit in the thread that linked the article. If it does come around in 2014, that's a lot of new love for the MK that year.

Lee

Adventurer
The "Project Z" that this thread is about was the Tron ride that didn't get approved (for MK). I didn't name it that, that was someone else.

The "official" Project Z is totally different. I know very little about that one, other than it's location.
(I'm available for a full debriefing at MK on Thursday if anyone has any beans to spill...:lol:)

The Sorcerers thing.... I know of the name, but no details. I have suspected it was something KP-esque.:shrug:

maxairmike

The Sorcerers thing.... I know of the name, but no details. I have suspected it was something KP-esque.:shrug:

According to the talk I have heard (nothing too concrete, mind you), that's what this would be. One twist that I have heard floating is that you would be able to choose to be a villain or hero. KP was (according to various rumors) a test for the concept, and then for the Stitch version at Alauni as they continued working out bugs. Supposedly it will be coming to all the parks at WDW...supposedly. Take all of that for what its worth, as it is purely based off of rumors (mostly from CMs).

redshoesrock

The "Project Z" that this thread is about was the Tron ride that didn't get approved (for MK)

Dumb move on Disney's part to not do the Tron ride. A ride from a franchise that fits that elusive market Disney can never quite grasp, high school/college age males, would of driven that market to MK much more than it does now.

flavious27

Probably mis-spoke regarding "blueprints". I think it was some survey work that showed the footprint of a building / buildings down at the waterfront in the old River Country spot. This is the thread I could find that discussed it.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=648667

Looking at the "plans" they had posted, it is just comical copy and paste of akl. Disney won't place dvc units or a hotel room so close to the back of a building.

tirian

Dumb move on Disney's part to not do the Tron ride. A ride from a franchise that fits that elusive market Disney can never quite grasp, high school/college age males, would of driven that market to MK much more than it does now.

Last December, it was practically approved—meaning that people working on it expected it to be built. Things change fast. :(

cheezbat

Those are my sentiments EXACTLY. The idiots running TDO need to be run out of office.:brick:

PhilharMagician

Looking at the "plans" they had posted, it is just comical copy and paste of akl. Disney won't place dvc units or a hotel room so close to the back of a building.

The plans that I saw were from Florida Water Managment which is where the GF plans came from that are circulating. The one DVC building that is shown is very very close to Pioneer Hall, but maybe a new larger reastaurant would be built in a more centralized location?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

I believe that back then they had found these plans filed with the South Florida Water Management District, though they were only Environmental Surveys and not any official building permits or anything. I have not paid attention to it since the initial threads back in late last year, and looking around a bit this morning, the closest thing I could find recently was from Screamscape (yes, grain of salt taken)

"(2/14/11) According to one of our readers, new survey markers were spotted in the Fort Wilderness area along the “nature trails near the marina” and near the Settlement Trading Post. Could this be more signs of forward traction on that proposed new DVC Resort?"

Lee

Adventurer
Those are my sentiments EXACTLY. The idiots running TDO need to be run out of office.:brick:

Not getting Tron wasn't TDO's fault.
I'm told Staggs wanted to piggy-back it on top of Shanghai's ride, but Iger and the sharp pencil boys vetoed it.

Or so I'm told...

flavious27

I believe that back then they had found these plans filed with the South Florida Water Management District, though they were only Environmental Surveys and not any official building permits or anything. I have not paid attention to it since the initial threads back in late last year, and looking around a bit this morning, the closest thing I could find recently was from Screamscape (yes, grain of salt taken)

"(2/14/11) According to one of our readers, new survey markers were spotted in the Fort Wilderness area along the “nature trails near the marina” and near the Settlement Trading Post. Could this be more signs of forward traction on that proposed new DVC Resort?"

Well the trading post would be in the wrong area for where the dvc has been rumored to be placed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom