Project Z

flavious27

The plans that I saw were from Florida Water Managment which is where the GF plans came from that are circulating. The one DVC building that is shown is very very close to Pioneer Hall, but maybe a new larger reastaurant would be built in a more centralized location?

I don't see where a reason to relocate pioneer hall away from the docks where guests will be arriving from.

Do you have a link to the 167 page file, the link on the dis board is 404.

PhilharMagician

I don't see where a reason to relocate pioneer hall away from the docks where guests will be arriving from..
Neither do I, but I don't make the desicions. I threw that in as a "what if". There could be logistical reasons to rebuild it somewhere else just like the Tri Circle Ranch. I personally think it would be a great idea to clean up RC and better tie FW with WL

Do you have a link to the 167 page file, the link on the dis board is 404.

I had a copy of it, but it was lost with a lot of other items with a massive computer issue. I had originally copied the info the day that it was found. The supporting info disappeared quickly for some reason.

flavious27

Neither do I, but I don't make the desicions. I threw that in as a "what if". There could be logistical reasons to rebuild it somewhere else just like the Tri Circle Ranch. I personally think it would be a great idea to clean up RC and better tie FW with WL

I also think it would make sense to clean up RC and have it as one major pool area for the wilderness complex. A proper DVC resort in the wilderness complex would be a step in the right direction with how the latest dvcs have just been add ons.

I had a copy of it, but it was lost with a lot of other items with a massive computer issue. I had originally copied the info the day that it was found. The supporting info disappeared quickly for some reason.

Had same issue before, lost a whole bunch of stuff. I really would want to see what was really posted on the south florida water site, that map just looks edited.

Lee

Adventurer
I would LOVE for us to be wrong, as long as Imagineering extended the length of the track. The off-the-shelf version is much too short.

Agreed, and o think that will be the case. I'm told Tron will have more than one launch. That means a longer ride to me.:D
From the art, the building looks shaped to fit the standard layout, but that doesn't mean it has to...

RSoxNo1

Per Jim: trust Lee's information. I may have more on this later today, but in the mean time - trust Lee's information it sounds like it's more recent.

DocMcHulk

The "official" Project Z is totally different. I know very little about that one, other than it's location.
(I'm available for a full debriefing at MK on Thursday if anyone has any beans to spill...:lol:)
Have you mentioned it's location before? I havent been to this thread in a while once Tron was dead.

RSoxNo1

What it sounds like is that Tom Staggs was looking to be more agressive with park expansion - this is a good thing. While he may not be long for this position, he is being groomed to be the CEO, and a CEO that wants to invest in the parks is reason to be optimistic down the road.

SeaCastle

What it sounds like is that Tom Staggs was looking to be more agressive with park expansion - this is a good thing. While he may not be long for this position, he is being groomed to be the CEO, and a CEO that wants to invest in the parks is reason to be optimistic down the road.

Jay Rasulo is still holding the purse strings as CFO. I'm not sure when or if that will change, but we all know how conservative with funds he was with park investment.

TP2000

Exactly. I've liked Tom Staggs from the moment he stepped in to the role. Every interview he's done shows a guy who is smart and natural and relatively unscripted. Compared to the icy and tightly scripted Rasulo who said things so robotically you could never believe him, Staggs is a breath of fresh air.

If Staggs is the Disney CEO at the end of this decade, that will be a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom