Project Z

redshoesrock

Indoor. Multiple launch. Made by Vekoma. Likely a custom "motorbike" design.

AHEM!!!
May I direct your attention to one of my first ever posts, done on 3 October 2010:

I'd do Tron (or Tron Legacy I suppose) and make a mild coaster based on a motorbike coaster design and call it TRON: Lightcycle Racers. Put it indoors, have it all neon-ed up like Tron, no big hills but a launch and a lot of zooming around corners ala Space Mountain. Have the building be Flynn's Arcade, the queue goes into the backroom where you watch the pre-show where you all get zapped by the "bring-you-into-the-digital-world-laser", then have the rest of the queue look like the electronic digital world. You hop on your lightcycle and race on the game grid. Exit into the real world where there really "is" a Flynn's Arcade with DDR and Tekken and all that jazz coupled with the merch shop where you can buy your glow-in-the-dark frisbees (I mean..."Tron Discs"), t-shirts, etc. Throw it in Tomorrowland.

And for those of you who scratched your head at "motorbike coaster design"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZOTvTB9Io

BOOYAH!!
i-told-you-so-ag.jpg

Indoor. Multiple launch. Made by Vekoma. Likely a custom "motorbike" design.

Ok thanks. The one that's going to shanghai is gonna be Vekoma and not Zamperla? I would think the later one would be better, less intense so more people could ride, smaller foot print means they could fit it into more places or expand it more to make the ride more grand. just an opinion.

flavious27

Agreed, and o think that will be the case. I'm told Tron will have more than one launch. That means a longer ride to me.:D
From the art, the building looks shaped to fit the standard layout, but that doesn't mean it has to...

I think it makes sense that there would be more than one launch if the ride is modeled to be a light cycle battle, there were power ups in the movie.

redshoesrock

Any realistic chance someone can change Iger's mind and re-instate the Tron coaster for WDW? I know "anything can happen", but what are the chances?

flavious27

Any realistic chance someone can change Iger's mind and re-instate the Tron coaster for WDW? I know "anything can happen", but what are the chances?

I just wonder what changed his mind. If it is true that they have greenlit a sequel, an attraction will help sell tickets for that movie. The dvd sales show that there is a fondness for this franchise.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I just wonder what changed his mind. If it is true that they have greenlit a sequel, an attraction will help sell tickets for that movie. The dvd sales show that there is a fondness for this franchise.

Shot in the dark, but I'd guess that what changed his mind (if indeed all of our speculation and rumors are at al correct) is that he wondered why there was a need to spend more money at MK, given that the FLand project should be the weenie to draw in crowds from 2012-15 or so.

If so, I kind of agree. With FLand coming, MK is the park that least needs MORE attractions -- there are a fair number that could use updating (Tiki, JC, CoP) or destroying (SGE), but adding to MK beyond FLE seems less important than adding to DHS, DAK or Epcot.

If indeed Disney did buy two systems, maybe we'll still get the ride somewhere else.

lebeau

In spite of some of the rumors that popped up a few days ago, Disney has not officially greenlit Tron 3. I won't be surprised to see it happen, but until there's an announcement, it hasn't happened yet.

lebeau

Shot in the dark, but I'd guess that what changed his mind (if indeed all of our speculation and rumors are at al correct) is that he wondered why there was a need to spend more money at MK, given that the FLand project should be the weenie to draw in crowds from 2012-15 or so.

If so, I kind of agree. With FLand coming, MK is the park that least needs MORE attractions -- there are a fair number that could use updating (Tiki, JC, CoP) or destroying (SGE), but adding to MK beyond FLE seems less important than adding to DHS, DAK or Epcot.

If indeed Disney did buy two systems, maybe we'll still get the ride somewhere else.

Agreed. I'd certainly like to see something like this in Tomorrowland. But other parks (especialyy DAK and DHS) need attractions far more than MK.

menamechris

I have to agree that EPCOT would be the place I would love to see it go - if it ever comes. Being a "Child of the 80's", Tron next to EO would just make sense. :wave:

flavious27

I figure that much, I guess the projections for FLE came in better than what they were seeing before. Or tdo saw that the projections for a tron ride/land would be better utilized at dhs.

MK has nips and tucks that are long overdue, beyond tiki, jc and cop.

ryno1982

He changed his mind because Tron Legacy was a disappointment. If the movie was a runaway hit it would have been green lit.

Prototype82

Another project for Magic Kingdom? Build new attractions in Epcot and Animal Kingdom for goodness sake. MK will be great once FL is done. It's time to bring Epcot and Animal Kingdom to their full, complete potential. AK needs a new land. Epcot needs an extra country where the outpost is. Japan and Germany need attractions. United Kingdom needs expanding. Imagination and Universe of Energy desperately need overhauls. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom