Project Z

Lee

Adventurer
Project Z - Pirate Mountain with the top of the huge rock structure in the shape of a skull where the eyes light at night and the liquid coaster shoots out of the skull's mouth including waterfalls gushing out of the mouth as well surrounding the track. This new type of track can be wet and still be safe. This new pirate ride is a hybrid between a coaster and a water ride. Kraken, zombies, and the Squid face crew - basically anything supernatural we have seen in the Pirate franchise will be included for the dark ride portions of Pirate Mountain. Hopefully 2014 or 2015. Shanghai will be building their's at the same time to cut down cost. There is speculation that Disney is waiting to see how Pirates 4 does before this gets announced for the states, but my sources tell me that it's pretty for sure that this will be happening.
And they are going to put it where....?
Wishful thinking.

redshoesrock

A few things to think about:

Lots of attractions have been planned for movies that eventually 'failed'.

While Tron has barely broken even domestically, it is approaching 400 million internationally. This may not mean much to many, and the significance of this number can be easily argued, but it is something to think about. Also, I would argue that Tron actually did quite well for the genre, and Disney simply spent too much money on the project. If they had even cut the budget by 50 million (in theory), our conversation may be different.

If in fact Tron is definite for Shanghai, it may tell us if a Tron ride would be warrented for the US based on it popularity in China. After all, the ride may be popular despite the film and not because of it.

Electronica was actually quite popular.

Not every attraction needs a hit movie to have a popular ride. Look at Pirates for example...

The soundtrack and merchandise has moved pretty good. And we have yet to see how the dvd/blurays move.

QFT. My money's on Tron - it lends itself so well to a ride as opposed to other recent Disney media. I don't see people flocking and raving over a Tangled or Princess and the Frog ride, unless we think the public is going to demand a ride based on Mars Needs Moms? No I don't think so either.

aladdin2007

And they are going to put it where....?
Wishful thinking.

Yeah was just thinking that, where would it go. Adventureland does have an expansion pad (i think right?) but not something on that scale.

As for Tron, if it were to have an attraction I think it would happen at Disneyland before here.

Pirate Mountain will be placed outside the berm on the other side of Caribbean Way Road. On the other side of that road in the corner up against where the monorail goes by is the undeveloped land that Pirate Mtn. will stand in all of it's glory by 2014-2015.

imagineer boy

Pirate Mountain will be placed outside the berm on the other side of Caribbean Way Road. On the other side of that road in the corner up against where the monorail goes by is the undeveloped land that Pirate Mtn. will stand in all of it's glory by 2014-2015.

Uh huh, that's great!

security....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So noted.

flavious27

Pirate Mountain would make sense. It's the only franchise that can compete with HP. I just don't see room in adventureland. What if it's a indoor coaster/flume hybrid?

I don't know if potc can compare to the hp franchise because there is much more source material in the hp franchise, narnia would be a more comparable franchise to hp. A harbor themed land could be added that would have the appearance of Tortuga.

cheezbat

isn't fle just one big e-ticket?

Um...no.

An E-ticket is a RIDE or attraction. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff, and while, the FLE costs more than an E-ticket, it will be nice and is needed to help with the MK's crowds, but what I really want to see is another E-Ticket RIDE. :animwink:

flavious27

Um...no.

An E-ticket is a RIDE or attraction. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff, and while, the FLE costs more than an E-ticket, it will be nice and is needed to help with the MK's crowds, but what I really want to see is another E-Ticket RIDE. :animwink:

You mean princessland isn't a single attraction like Innoventions?

JWG

Splash Mountain was 1992 - on MK's 20th. So, it's only been 20 years, not approaching 30. And we'll see the Little Mermaid dark ride in 1 more year.

cheezbat

Splash Mountain was 1992 - on MK's 20th. So, it's only been 20 years, not approaching 30. And we'll see the Little Mermaid dark ride in 1 more year.

Little Mermaid is NOT an E-ticket...and ugh I know we've been over this debate before, but all of our insiders agree that it's a D ticket at best.

2012 will be 20 years since the Magic Kingdom's last true E-ticket. AEfx was saying that we probably won't see another E-ticket at the MK in the NEXT DECADE, which happens to be 2010-2019. Which would mean that the next one wouldn't be built until sometime in the following decade 2020-2029. Which would be close to thirty years. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom