Project Z

flavious27

Think they've fixed them yet?

Any new technology wont work right away. They've got people on it, is what I was getting at. They wouldn't release a monorail upgrade and leave it as is permanently.

I worked on the platform more.

ttcq.png

ttcmodel.png

I figure the look of horizons makes sense for this ttc.

juniorthomas

The Mark VIIs were not all that much in terms of new technology. The issues stemmed from poorly designed windows and improperly placing equipment onto chassis that have been running on the beams since the late-1960s.

Opinions are not self validating and "there is a good argument out there" is a weak defense. Even when Disney was committed to making monorails work, they had to be supplemented with other means of transportation. It might not be as cool, but the sad reality is that the most convenient option for guests are the buses. Disney may not be using the muses to their fullest advantage, but they offer the best solution to moving guests.

The K-street bus lobby is fully behind you.

Tom

Beta Return
I think because this thread is so off topic, we need a quick review of whats happened in this thread in regards to this "Project Z".

Secret new ride coming to WDW.

Hint: Will be in MK, not Western River Expedition.

Hint: Ok, it's in Tomorrowland

Hint: Ok, it's in Tomorrowland and will be the same as a ride they're putting in overseas, and it rhymes with Cron.

Doh! Just kidding.

JWG

Hint: Ok, it's in Tomorrowland and will be the same as a ride they're putting in overseas, and it rhymes with Cron.

Doh! Just kidding.

Yup...
That's about it.
Throw in, It could be in, but it's not in, Adventureland...

tirian

Doh! Just kidding.

And don't hold your breath for it.

Mysterious Island at DAK, a version of Fire Mountain, an updated Imagination pavilion, and a fairy M&G in the old Fantasyland Skyway building were all practically greenlighted, then killed. Project Z looks like it might be heading the same way.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
And don't hold your breath for it.

Mysterious Island at DAK, a version of Fire Mountain, an updated Imagination pavilion, and a fairy M&G in the old Fantasyland Skyway building were all practically greenlighted, then killed. Project Z looks like it might be heading the same way.

Sigh, if only Disney had $1 Billion or so they could have used on those projects...oh wait, they DO, but instead they're spending them on making sure we can reserve Splash Mountain 6 months ahead of time

aladdin2007

Sigh, if only Disney had $1 Billion or so they could have used on those projects...oh wait, they DO, but instead they're spending them on making sure we can reserve Splash Mountain 6 months ahead of time

Best post Ive read today, gosh that makes me mad though. :brick:

janoimagine

I know, right? ... Taking all the spontinaity out of visiting a theme park ... pretty soon your going to have to schedule your time to take a dump at the parks too.

It just seems like this whole next gen thing could be re-thought a bit. I like the que's at disney attractions ... it is a part of what set's Disney apart from the rest of the theme parks of the world. IMHO.

All kidding aside, I will however reserve my final judgement until I see this in action.

baymenxpac

this may be my favorite post that i've ever read on these boards.

guys, i'll admit: i'm a disney apologist. i totally try to just brush off their missteps, but that nextgen stuff from yesterday really got to me. don't waste our time on that nonsense. CONTENT is, and always will be, king!

stitch2008

Best post Ive read today, gosh that makes me mad though. :brick:

That's if you assume the entire $1 billion is being spent on WDW alone. To the best of my knowledge, the $1 billion figure pays for all Disney parks: not just ones found at WDW.

this may be my favorite post that i've ever read on these boards.

guys, i'll admit: i'm a disney apologist. i totally try to just brush off their missteps, but that nextgen stuff from yesterday really got to me. don't waste our time on that nonsense. CONTENT is, and always will be, king!

The only thing people are freaking out about is "ride reservation". It's nothing more then a FastPass that you CAN get months in advance. You dont HAVE to get in advance. The only thing thats changing is the ability to get them in advance.

DocMcHulk

Doh! Just kidding.
I wouldnt say they were "Just kidding." It's was/is a legit proposal, but that doesnt mean it will actually be built.

lebeau

Inevitably everybody saw the lightcycles though...

Um, I don't know what that means...

I saw the original Tron, so I know what a lightcycle is. My wife has seen neither film and didn't know what Tron was until I explained it to her. She wouldn't know a lightcycle if she tripped over one. This is actually true for most of my extended family now that I think about it...

I'm not sure there's a lot to discuss with "Project Z" right now. At least not with regards to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom