Project Z

Krack

I'm just guessing here, but I would think he would want to stay on their good side and not make them angry. If they're angry with you, then they probably wont be talking to you. Here's my take: they tell him little tidbits of information from time to time as a courtesy/friendship, but if too much of this information is leaked before marketing has a chance to do their thing, then the source gets in trouble and possibly warned about leaking information and threatened with losing their job, which means no more courtesy leaks of tidbits.
So, I wouldn't want to make them angry either. Take what they (Lee) gives us and be thankful for it, or, the other option is nothing.

You assume it's someone in TDO who is giving Lee his information. I have no idea if it is or it is not. You further assume that TDO knows (or has a likely suspicion) of whom within TDO is revealing information to Lee. Again, I have no idea if that is or is not accurate.

Disney is well aware of who Lee is.

They know who Al Lutz and Jim Hill is too. But that doesn't mean they know who is feeding them information. Although, in Hill's case, I don't think it would be too hard for anyone with knowledge of the ins and outs of WDI to figure it out.

flavious27

This potential project came up in yesterday's press conference thread. Amid specualtion before the event, Lee had mentioned something else may or may not be announced. As we all know, nothing "extra" was announced. I feel though this potential attraction deserves its own thread. Lee alluded that this may be a fanboy earth shatterer, not sure it if it would be positive or negative one though. There are a couple things we can presume from Lee's statement though. Project Z would be in MK and it would not be in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland. This really leaves Frontierland or Adventureland. I would personally think Frontierland for one because there was was smoke over the summer on a rumored expansion. Two, Lee hinted this would be a bombshell, and SeaCastle predicted WRE. I doubt we would see the true WRE but maybe a newly developed version? Another thing I am not too sure about is Raven's comments. She had mentioned changes changes to an attraction near the Tiki Room, not sure if her and Lee's project's are the same. Juan had also said that he saw many things when he had his viewing FLE 2.0 months ago; perhaps this is one of those things? With yesterday's, finally worthy, FLE 2.0, perhaps we have some more, even bigger and better, things happening the Magic Kingdom. Thoughts on Project Z?

Ps. Let's not turn this thread into a begging Lee for info thread. He had always been good on his info and he was most assuredly tell when he knows something concrete.

Expansion for FL? I have been thinking about this idea for a while now.

flexpansion.jpg

The path to this expansion would travel through thunder mountain the same as the thunder mesa concept, it would past over an elevated rock bridge. That would look kinda of like this:

DLP%20Riverboats%2012.jpg

The river ride would be a river rapids ride that would showcase different national natural monuments in the west. The indian village on the rivers of America would be expanded to an attraction that would showcase the history of the native americans.

huntzilla

Original Poster
Expansion for FL? I have been thinking about this idea for a while now.

flexpansion.jpg

The path to this expansion would travel through thunder mountain the same as the thunder mesa concept, it would past over an elevated rock bridge. That would look kinda of like this:

DLP%20Riverboats%2012.jpg

The river ride would be a river rapids ride that would showcase different national natural monuments in the west. The indian village on the rivers of America would be expanded to an attraction that would showcase the history of the native americans.

Two water rides in FRL? That might be a little too close.

Randy I feel like they could get away with Skull Mountain in AL. If you put it behind POTC you could really have a great mini land. I feel as big as the Pirates franchise, it could easily support two attractions, not to mention a Tortuga restaurant. Also, even if it the ride system is similar to Splash its never stopped multiple dark rides and such. The theme would be different enough to differentiate itself. Having said that, you make a lot of sense with your Tron reasoning. Could you expand more on what you know about the rumored Tron attraction? For some reason though I still don't think Tron is what Lee is hinting at.....

disneyrcks

Really? You sure?
Make no assumptions.

I'm not gonna name the land yet, since that would likely give the whole thing away, and I don't need to pi$$ off TDO right now. As soon as I hear a definate "green", I'll spill all I know.

Thanks for the tidbits Lee...I am only human and would really like to know whats next but I look forward to the next surprise and really appreciate the info you gave to keep my imagination going till then :wave:

RandySavage

All I know about the Tron ride was gleaned from the lengthy micechat thread on it. Like here, there are some insiders there who drop hints without disclosing details. Those hints point at an indoor ride, not utilizing peoplemover track, built in place of the removed innoventions building (at DL); next step in evolution of theme park rides, will convincingly make you feel like you're zooming through the Grid, and has WDI very excited.

From that, I deduct that it must have some kind of simulator/screen aspect. The ride system could be something like the new Pandora's Box by Vekoma:
h_pandora.jpg

I've also read that the Skull Mtn developed for Hong Kong will very likely be an opening day attraction at Shanghai, so there is that connection to Lee's hint, as I believe was mentioned.

I certainly wouldn't complain:
hkdlpiratesplunge.jpg

RadioHead

All I know about the Tron ride was gleaned from the lengthy micechat thread on it. Like here, there are some insiders there who drop hints without disclosing details. Those hints point at an indoor ride, not utilizing peoplemover track, built in place of the removed innoventions building (at DL); next step in evolution of theme park rides, will convincingly make you feel like you're zooming through the Grid, and has WDI very excited.

From that, I deduct that it must have some kind of simulator/screen aspect. The ride system could be something like the new Pandora's Box by Vekoma:
h_pandora.jpg

I've also read that the Skull Mtn developed for Hong Kong will very likely be an opening day attraction at Shanghai, so there is that connection to Lee's hint, as I believe was mentioned.

hkdlpiratesplunge.jpg

Hmmm a part of me is wanting the Skull Mountain more........:lookaroun

Damn, why can't we get both!:cry:

Though I imagine the Tron simulation could be something that could easily rival the Harry Potter attraction in terms of a technical standpoint.

Though Skull Mountain looks incredible as well....hmmm

My money's on it being Tron though.

Though I'm curious? Why is there this sudden push for more attractions in the Magic Kingdom? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But for the longest time we saw nothing since Splash, and now we're getting a D+ ticket with TLM, a C/D+ Snow White Coaster, and a potential E+ ticket attraction?

As much as I'm excited to see the Magic Kingdom get some TLC, the obvious reality is that Animal Kingdom is in a MUCH, and I mean MUCCHHHHHH bigger state of "staleness", and a e ticket like Journey to the Center of the Earth could've been something that gave the place a MAJOR boost.

Here's hoping this is just of many things to come.....
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: who am i kidding:lol:

Atomicmickey

I'm loving this! A couple of comments, though . . . .

From my point of view, I don't see any one ride as being a "potter-swatter'. What they have at UO is an enveloping environment, it's the whole package with the shops, restaurants, food, merchandise, and attractions being in service of one compelling story/world/what have you. This is why I thought that a Star Wars Land would be the only thing that could comprehensively answer Potter.

Tron, unless it is accompanied by major retheming of TL, would be "just" (and I don't use that lightly) an attraction.

But I can see the billboards now "Get on the Grid!". They'd need to also have a restaurant, and shopping area that felt like it was in the grid. Add the ElecTRONica dance party to the TL area just like the ol' stage used to do or something.

Anyway--comprehensive, immersive AREA rather than attraction.

Second--anyone who is anyone, and by that I mean me and oh, dozens of other major King Kong fans know that KING KONG lives on Skull Island, and that's that. I'm pretty sure that Universal has Skull Island all sewn up and copyright renewed with their 360 ride in LA.

I'm just sayin--but that's a cool rendering!

njDizFan

I'm all for a new e-ticket coming anywhere, the more the merrier. But as stated previously, I think there are other parks more in need of a new attraction than the newly expanding MK.

Camp Mickey/Minnie needs the most love.

fbp

This is a very exciting thread.

Skull Mountain looks pretty cool. I feel like it would seem odd to have a giant skull in the skyline of MK though.

wizards8507

I'm all for a new e-ticket coming anywhere, the more the merrier. But as stated previously, I think there are other parks more in need of a new attraction than the newly expanding MK.

Camp Mickey/Minnie needs the most love.

You might be right, but Lee told us specifically that this potential project is in the Magic Kingdom, regardless of what "needs it the most."

csm

If there ever was to be a Tron ride, I can already confirm it is not a Pandora's Box ride system.

KCheatle

What about Hollywood Studios?

It seems like a lot of attention is being paid to the Magic Kingdom while Hollywood studios is in major need of an overhaul. Awhile back I read about a Monsters Inc. inspired coaster from the door chase scene - has that been scrapped? Are they any plans to make that park more interesting?

WDWGoof07

I'm a little late to this thread, but, from what I gather, we are talking about a new E-Ticket and some kind of attraction upgrade, both of which are for MK and not yet confirmed to be built. My guesses have already been speculated by others, but I'll throw in my two cents anyways.

E-Ticket: If it is planned for Tomorrowland, my money's on a "Tron" theme. If it is for Adventureland, I think it will be something Pirates-themed. When Shanghai is announced in more detail, we'll have a better idea.

Attraction upgrade: Raven says near the Tiki Room, but not the Tiki Room itself. Based on what Lee has said, I don't think it is the Jungle Cruise. My best guess is CBJ, though I would be very disappointed if that was changed. Depending on how Raven defines "upgrade", though, this could be a roundabout way of hinting at the destruction of the Magic Carpets (I don't really feel one way or the other about them).

Thanks to our insiders for their info.

djkidkaz

Im sorry but if it has anything to do with TRON, call me completely dissappointed. That would not be earth shattering in the least. I just can't see that they would put in a movie that noone has really seen and has flopped twice. TRON is a cult movie that a handful of people like. Why would they make the next E-Ticket in MK something that barely anyone is familiar with? I just don't see this happening.

My hope is that it would be in Adventureland since they will most likely be removing the Aladdin spinner once duel dumbos open. Also, putting a new E-ticket right next to Space Mountain wouldn't make the most sense. It would just completely clog up Tomorrowland. Its better to spread out the E-tickets to spread out the crowds. I like that Skull Mountain concept and think that another flume ride woul be great as it would alleviate some of the crowds over at Splash Mountain on all those hot Florida days. The only problem is then you have maybe too much pirate related stuff. Theres more to adventure than just pirates.

Lee's saying he doesn't want to say which land its in cause it would give it away which only makes me think that its TRON in tomorrowland, since had he said Adventureland noone would have a clue what it could be. My guess is TRON won't get greenlit for MK.

wizards8507

Why would they make the next E-Ticket in MK something that barely anyone is familiar with? I just don't see this happening.

Song of the South has never ever ever been released on video, yet Splash Mountain is (without too much argument) one of the top 3 attractions at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom