Project Z

RandySavage

I think if it's Tron is there any chance that they would just completely change Tomorrowland Speedway? and make it a Grid idea with the vehicles?

An insider can correct me, but from what I've gathered the Tron ride (in development for Disneyland) is a new ride system that would be entirely indoors (employing screens and physical movement, like a coaster in a Soarin' dome?) in order to convincingly replicate the Grid. Thus it would not use the people mover or Raceway tracks (although the show building could potentially be built on top of the raceway). Some insiders have claimed that this ride system is revolutionary and Disney's "Potter Swatter". Which may lead into Raven's clue about this attraction being developed at the insistence of the Higher Ups.

WDW FTW

Hi i'm new been reading the threads for awhile but decided to join em haha...

I think if it's Tron is there any chance that they would just completely change Tomorrowland Speedway? and make it a Grid idea with the vehicles?

Thats actually a really good idea, ive always felt that the tomorrowland speedway was like driving cars from the 70's which really defeats the actual purpose...

Disday

Why all of this investment in MK? I'm sure the Fantasyland expansion will be great, but this park doesn't need major new rides like the other 3 do. Does anyone have any rumors or hints about major additions to EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom?:)

WDW FTW

Why all of this investment in MK? I'm sure the Fantasyland expansion will be great, but this park doesn't need major new rides like the other 3 do. Does anyone have any rumors or hints about major additions to EPCOT, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom?:)

Also true, a TRON ride (if that is this mysterious project z by any chance) could go in either EPCOT or MGM

zooey

Fantasyland has capacity issues so FLE is how they are addressing that. As far as project Z, I have no idea why they would build that, besides trying to offer more for boys, since the FLE is considered princess heavy.

H2Opolo15

This is the new crack!

I would have to agree. I just joined yesterday and it's all I have been doing since then is reading this! Gah! I definitely like the idea of Tomorrowland Speedway turning into a Tron Speedway. I think that altho Tron wasn't a blockbuster or record setter, it allows for ALOT of attraction ideas to be brought to life through scenes/scenarios from the movies. Honestly, I don't particularly like the idea of this altho it would be a breath of fresh air into Tomorrowland.

PalisadesPkteer

My head is starting to hurt.

Clues leads to a current Disney property but most likely not a classic one. Also needs to have "legs' for longevity. In Tomorrowland or Adventureland.

H2Opolo15

I do believe it was said it IS in Magic Kingdom somewhere around here...

WDW FTW

I would have to agree. I just joined yesterday and it's all I have been doing since then is reading this! Gah! I definitely like the idea of Tomorrowland Speedway turning into a Tron Speedway. I think that altho Tron wasn't a blockbuster or record setter, it allows for ALOT of attraction ideas to be brought to life through scenes/scenarios from the movies. Honestly, I don't particularly like the idea of this altho it would be a breath of fresh air into Tomorrowland.

Like the original tron movie tron:legacy wasn't a big money maker initially but the original is regarded as one of the all time most important/influential films because of its ingenious special effects which the newer version help up to as well surpassing avatar as the most technologically advanced movie made. just the dialogue wasnt as good haha so i can see them riding the franchise like i said on another thread. the whole tron movie series is very tomorrow, and when stitch goes out (hopefully) only MI will be remaining as a movie based attraction and they might want a 2nd but i can only hope

yensidfan1991

haha thank you guys for the welcoming and it is addictive to just read now to just post is going to be worse lol...

reason i was thinking this too is that i saw on some updates that only one side of the speedway was working right now and that they had markers all the way to the race track so i was thinking they may be doing something different with the ride as in an entirety since they didn't mind to have markers for other things of the expansion to be right beside of it all...

but of course Disney does weird things sometimes haha....

WDW FTW

haha thank you guys for the welcoming and it is addictive to just read now to just post is going to be worse lol...

reason i was thinking this too is that i saw on some updates that only one side of the speedway was working right now and that they had markers all the way to the race track so i was thinking they may be doing something different with the ride as in an entirety since they didn't mind to have markers for other things of the expansion to be right beside of it all...

but of course Disney does weird things sometimes haha....

Oh what you saw was them clearing part of the speedway course for construction with the new dumbo and the circusland and FL 2.0, nah it wasnt the start of a big redo for the out-of-date speedway...:brick:

yensidfan1991

Oh what you saw was them clearing part of the speedway course for construction with the new dumbo and the circusland and FL 2.0, nah it wasnt the start of a big redo for the out-of-date speedway...:brick:

Ah man! well here's to wishful thinking! what i can never get is every time i'm there the line in flipping HUGE! and it's nothing special or interesting really sooooo never understood to be honest haha... wish they would revamp it in someway shape and or form haha...

WDW FTW

Ah man! well here's to wishful thinking! what i can never get is every time i'm there the line in flipping HUGE! and it's nothing special or interesting really sooooo never understood to be honest haha... wish they would revamp it in someway shape and or form haha...

Haha nothing wrong with a little bit of hope, but you are correct the lines are long because its a 1 (sometimes 2) per load ride. So im with you all the way with some time of revamp/ efficiency update

Krack

Really? You sure?
Make no assumptions.

I'm not gonna name the land yet, since that would likely give the whole thing away, and I don't need to pi$$ off TDO right now. As soon as I hear a definate "green", I'll spill all I know.

Just curious ... why do you care if TDO is angry? They don't know who you are, right? Hell, if I could do things to make TDO angry, I would irritate those imbeciles on an hourly basis.

csm

Just curious ... why do you care if TDO is angry? They don't know who you are, right? Hell, if I could do things to make TDO angry, I would irritate those imbeciles on an hourly basis.

Perhaps Lee has a professional amount of respect that seems to be lacking in others.

GrumpyFan

I'm just guessing here, but I would think he would want to stay on their good side and not make them angry. If they're angry with you, then they probably wont be talking to you. Here's my take: they tell him little tidbits of information from time to time as a courtesy/friendship, but if too much of this information is leaked before marketing has a chance to do their thing, then the source gets in trouble and possibly warned about leaking information and threatened with losing their job, which means no more courtesy leaks of tidbits.
So, I wouldn't want to make them angry either. Take what they (Lee) gives us and be thankful for it, or, the other option is nothing.

Tigger1988

How do you know they aren't aware who Lee is? Perhaps he likes being "in the know" and doesn't want to flush it down the toilet by ing off the wrong people.

Common sense, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom