Project Gemini Revealed

Tim G

Originally posted by Michael72688
look how far out this is too, there is still plenty of time to confirm the rest, I'm not saying they're going to, but I'm trying to be positive on a park that really needs some help

To be really honest...???

I've seen better concepts placed (exept for the naming) here on this boards...

It only looks better because of the fact that it's published as an article...

leeocean

I like it and I don't like it.

I like that Epcot is getting some new rides. If they can mesh educational with new and fun, fine with me. :)

I don't like the fact that they are putting all those trees in. I like the modern lines of the Epcot landscaping and believe that it should stay that way. I'm glad that the fountain is staying.

I think "Future World" was never really "futuristic" and Discoveryland fits the tone of Epcot much better.

That's all I have to say about that.

JRead

Originally posted by iluvepcot
What exactly do they mean by this?? and why is it so great JRead???

Generally Republicans are considered much less eco-friendly than democrats (oil drilling in alaska, etc...) and I dont want this to spark a political debate because I''m not saying if they are or not. I mearly though it was funny because why DO we normally depict the future as treeless? I would love to see a "Montana of the future" because I hope there will continue to be trees (obviously). The joke being that because they are less eco-friendly a future designed by them would be treeless, a little political joke at least as I understood it.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by leeocean
I like it and I don't like it.

I like that Epcot is getting some new rides. If they can mesh educational with new and fun, fine with me. :)

I don't like the fact that they are putting all those trees in. I like the modern lines of the Epcot landscaping and believe that it should stay that way. I'm glad that the fountain is staying.

I think "Future World" was never really "futuristic" and Discoveryland fits the tone of Epcot much better.

That's all I have to say about that.

My name is leeocean...people call me leeocean

jk...

I don't like the coaster unless it is THEMED to Disney standards (and I don't mean DinoRama Disney standards)

The Jr. Autopia sounds like the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway which is my all time LEAST favorite attraction (because of smell, sound, and it can be found in almost any park)

The name "Discoveryland" just doesn't fit...because it sounds like something that would be in the MK. World of Discovery or Discovery World would be better IMO. The "Discovery Courtyard" could be the centralized area...and the entrances could be called "Gateway to Discovery".

Little Mermaid doesn't really belong in EPCOT either. (The grotto in MK, the Voyage in MGM...if Beastly Kingdom gets built...she could show up there...and EPCOT) I dunno...just doesn't seem to be a "fitting location" when one is trying to be educated about the Sea.

I do agree with leeocean though...leave the "futuristic/modern" feel to the area.

liven up LS with some lighting effects and a "brushed aluminum" skin.

Fido

Originally posted by JRead
Generally Republicans are considered much less eco-friendly than democrats (oil drilling in alaska, etc...) and I dont want this to spark a political debate because I''m not saying if they are or not. I mearly though it was funny because why DO we normally depict the future as treeless? I would love to see a "Montana of the future" because I hope there will continue to be trees (obviously). The joke being that because they are less eco-friendly a future designed by them would be treeless, a little political joke at least as I understood it.

That's exactly why I found that funny as well!

netenyahoo

Ok - my first post!

I like most of the ideas for the new Epcot. I have only been to Epcot once and that was in January, so I don't have much experience with the park, but I can say that it was my least favorite park at WDW. I really liked Test Track and World Showcase was pretty cool and so was IllumiNations. The Land boat ride was kind of interesting. It is amazing how they grow some of the plants. I love history so I really liked SpaceShip Earth. Universe of Energy was pretty good too. The park overall was kind of stale though and seemed dated. I know how it feels to have rides taken away that you loved forever, but the parks do change and change is necessary sometimes.

I love Soarin' Over CA at DCA and think that it would be a great addition to Epcot. Updating The Living Seas would be great too, but don't make it so preachy like how Jim talked. I don't think we need to have The Little Mermaid and other cartoon characters in it either unless they have a seperate kid area. A Junior Autopia is a cool idea, but if it were noisy then I don't know. Maybe they could have it go inside for most of the ride like into the Wonders of Life building since they are closing it. I don't know if I like the idea of an outside coaster either in Epcot, but maybe they could put the coaster in the Wonders of Life area too and theme it different from the rain forest to something about the body. Time Racers sounds cool, but I do hope they make it so kids can ride too. If they have too much stuff that kids cant ride then it becomes hard on families. I hate it when I have to ride a ride by myself because my daughter cant ride. If they have a 40" requirement for the roller coaster and Soarin' then I think that would be fine, but none others. I like the idea of more Trees. I don't think it should be a forest like AK, but more trees are always nice. I also think the name change it necessary. IT isn't Future World and never really was a future world. The pavilions are all about learning things about ourselves and the the planet we live on, so it is more of a Discovery World or Discoverland.

I cant wait to see how this develops.

dreamer

Originally posted by Walter
They should always ask themselves this question before making any decision, "What would Walt do?" It could be a good thing, but it doesn't seem so.

In spite of all the sobbing green icon balls, I think Walt would see that Epcot needs a change. I think he would welcome a change.

Future World can't stay the same. It's not "sentimental world," as many would have it. That's what cameras are for -- to remember the so-called good ole days.

I'm all for Project Gemini. It better be an improvement, though, and not an appeal to adolescents. (Disney must realize that America is aging.) Hopefully, they'll come to their senses by the time the project is approved and nix the off-the-shelf rollercoaster.

I love the open feel of Future World. If they plant all those trees I hope they can maintain the same relaxing, laid-back atmosphere.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Michael72688
Everyone keeps saying it has to be done to Disney Standards. Why wouldn't Disney do anything to Disney standards?

Dino-Rama, Primeval Whirl, Aladdin back at MK, JIYI... Those are just SOME examples that WDI hasn't lived up to its legacy.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Like I've said before, I love 90% of the plan.
What I don't like is Jr. Autopia, it would stick out like a loud, smelly, sore thumb.

As for the coaster, I would prefer a custom installation. However, RnRC is a good example of what great themeing can do for a stock coaster. An invert racing through dense rainforest...I love it.

WDWKing

Warning! THREAD DRIFT:

Lee, based on your new avitar, you seem pretty confident that this "Forbidden Mountain", which we have yet to see any concept model/art for by the way, is going to be built. Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

WDWKing

On a related note, It seems to me that IF Disney were to go through with this 'Project Gemini' that we read about (I really hope they don't), it will be the huge factor that will really make or break Epcot.

Lee

Adventurer
Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWKing
Warning! THREAD DRIFT:

Lee, based on your new avitar, you seem pretty confident that this "Forbidden Mountain", which we have yet to see any concept model/art for by the way, is going to be built. Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Maybe. I have heard info. from many different sources.
An announcement could come as early as AK's fifth birthday in April. As for the concept art/model, yeah I've seen it. Everyone will sooner or later.

eclipseSD

Some sort of change is most certainly needed for FW. Not minor fixups to ride s, I am talking drastic additions and removals. I would not have said this back when Horizons and the old-school rides were still there. But they are not, they are gone. The current state of FW is not very good.

A recent Simpsons episode basically expressed the General Public's view.

EFCOT-When everything else is booked!

Well in that map is how it will be, i will be in heaven i think. That looks awesome. One thing that i would do though. Get rid of ellens energy thing

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
Well in that map is how it will be, i will be in heaven i think. That looks awesome. One thing that i would do though. Get rid of ellens energy thing

You're SO right! I also think they should End that stupid boat ride in The Land. I mean, I buy vegetables at the supermarket, I don't need to see them growing... Oh, and they should put this huge coaster going from one side of World Showcase to the other, flying up and around all the countries! THAT'd be heaven, dude! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom