Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

Lee

Adventurer
I don't have any problem understanding you perceive the MK as a children's park.
But I don't see it that way. I see it beginning to skew that way, though, through such things as the toonification of Tomorrowland and the attempted elevation of M&Gs to "attractions."

They have tried to fix that while only allienating older guests.
What is one thing they have done to try to fix that? I can't think of a single non-kid-focused move they have made at the MK.:shrug:

But if you can't see the park from the perspective of guests with children (who largely sacrifice greatly to go to WDW) then you will of course fail to see the point.
Oh, I can certainly see it from that perspective. I've been there with children, and know the added hassles and issues that often arise.
The only point I fail to see is the one you tried to make about the MK failing to serve the needs of families with children. That is simply laughable.
The MK is the most family friendly park in the world. Everything from character M&Gs, to shows and parades, to the highest percentage of kid-friendly rides on property proves that.

Please provide one example of the needs of guests with children not being met. (And don't trot out the bits about "the somewhat difficult journey from the parking lot to the main gates, gets further complicated by long lines to do many of the attractions that would appeal to them, add long lines to eat, Florida heat and humidity", etc. FLE will not fix any of that.)

Deadman

The latest Fantasyland rumors suggest that Pixie Hollow is still locked in to the plans… the attractions within are in a state of change. Speaking of change… we’ve also heard that Disney may be second guessing having quite so many Princess Meet ‘n Greets in the Fantasyland expansion. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are said to possibly be on the chopping block in favor possibly bringing in a couple of new characters that may appeal to the boys as well.

according to Screamscape, Pixie Hollow is still being done

jt04

But I don't see it that way. I see it beginning to skew that way, though, through such things as the toonification of Tomorrowland and the attempted elevation of M&Gs to "attractions."

What is one thing they have done to try to fix that? I can't think of a single non-kid-focused move they have made at the MK.:shrug:

That is my point. They have tried and failed IMO. See AE and Tiki room. But that was under the previous management. Certainly ironic. They will get it right this time.

Oh, I can certainly see it from that perspective. I've been there with children, and know the added hassles and issues that often arise.
The only point I fail to see is the one you tried to make about the MK failing to serve the needs of families with children. That is simply laughable.
The MK is the most family friendly park in the world. Everything from character M&Gs, to shows and parades, to the highest percentage of kid-friendly rides on property proves that.

Please provide one example of the needs of guests with children not being met. (And don't trot out the bits about "the somewhat difficult journey from the parking lot to the main gates, gets further complicated by long lines to do many of the attractions that would appeal to them, add long lines to eat, Florida heat and humidity", etc. FLE will not fix any of that.)

John Lasseter wrote a long explanation for the need the FLE will fill. It was great but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. It is as if it was scrubbed.

If anyone out there can find it please post it in a new thread. It is a great read and will clear the air around here.

Captain Chaos

according to Screamscape, Pixie Hollow is still being done

Screamscape isn't exactly the authority on all news Disney... No offense obviously to the guy who writes the site... I'll trust Lee and people with real connections.. Like he says, Pixie Hollow isn't happening the way it was planned, if at all..

I am opening a website and posting in generalities... I'll bee 100% right all the time.. :)

muteki

That is my point. They have tried and failed IMO. See AE and Tiki room. But that was under the previous management. Certainly ironic. They will get it right this time.

How did AE fail? I can understand Tiki room but as an attraction AE was top notch. They perhaps got the marketing of the ride wrong, but that was no fault of the attraction, and I hope they can bring themselves to do something similarly ambitious again.

SeaCastle

Screamscape isn't exactly the authority on all news Disney... No offense obviously to the guy who writes the site... I'll trust Lee and people with real connections.. Like he says, Pixie Hollow isn't happening the way it was planned, if at all..

I am opening a website and posting in generalities... I'll bee 100% right all the time.. :)

Lance mostly has good info (and connections, I believe) but with rumors you have to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Especially with Pixie Hollow, there seems to be lots of mis-communication. I believe there was always meant to be a place for Pixies, but everyone started to associate the Pixie's appearance in Fantasyland as an overblown meet and greet spanning several acres. That is no more. The Pixie Hollow we're getting will probably be more along the lines of Disneland's...concise yet beautiful. (As TP2000 pointed out, their Pixie Hollow fits into a very small space formerly occupied by Monsanto's House of the Future.) Of course, when insiders came out saying Pixie Hollow was cancelled, people (myself included) jumped to the mindset that Pixies would not be represented in the new Fantasyland at all.

It's truly amazing how things get so misconstrued over the internet. (Like princess meet and greets moving to the Main Street Confectionary. :rolleyes:)

jt04

How did AE fail? I can understand Tiki room but as an attraction AE was top notch. They perhaps got the marketing of the ride wrong, but that was no fault of the attraction, and I hope they can bring themselves to do something similarly ambitious again.

I'm saying SGE and Under New Management failed. They were addressing the need for making the MK more kid friendly and ended up ruining both attractions by many folks estimations. The Laugh Floor was added for the same reason but it fails due to being in the wrong "land". These were factors in the reigning in of TDO's big capital projects IMO. Then John Lasseter rode to the rescue. Who knows, perhaps someday TIKI UNM and Stitch will get fixed because the FLE is a success. I know they will if JL and Glendale has any say about it.

Captain Chaos

Lance mostly has good info (and connections, I believe) but with rumors you have to take everything with a pinch of salt.

Especially with Pixie Hollow, there seems to be lots of mis-communication. I believe there was always meant to be a place for Pixies, but everyone started to associate the Pixie's appearance in Fantasyland as an overblown meet and greet spanning several acres. That is no more. The Pixie Hollow we're getting will probably be more along the lines of Disneland's...concise yet beautiful. (As TP2000 pointed out, their Pixie Hollow fits into a very small space formerly occupied by Monsanto's House of the Future.) Of course, when insiders came out saying Pixie Hollow was cancelled, people (myself included) jumped to the mindset that Pixies would not be represented in the new Fantasyland at all.

It's truly amazing how things get so misconstrued over the internet. (Like princess meet and greets moving to the Main Street Confectionary. :rolleyes:)

So, in essense, Lance is his name?? posted a general statement.. PIXIE HOLLOW IS HAPPENING.. when the original planned Pixie Hollows doesn't happen but a little M&G ones does, he'll claim he was right.. Why?? he posted a general statement..

Either way, I'm thrilled Pixie Hollow won't happen on such a large scale, and i have no issue with it being done on a smaller scale, across from Peter Pan's Flight, in the former Skyway Station.... And yep, you are right.. Words do get misconstrued on the internet.. However, saying Pixie Hollow is happening is saying it in general terms... Maybe he should express himself like Lee does.. Pixie Hollow will happen, just not as planned....

Captain Chaos

I'm saying SGE and Under New Management failed. They were addressing the need for making the MK more kid friendly and ended up ruining both attractions by many folks estimations. The Laugh Floor was added for the same reason but it fails due to being in the wrong "land". These were factors in the reigning in of TDO's big capital projects IMO. Then John Lasseter rode to the rescue. Who knows, perhaps someday TIKI UNM and Stitch will get fixed because the FLE is a success. I know they will if JL and Glendale has any say about it.

I want to play Devil's Advocate here for a minute.. And by no means is this a diss on you jt..

You say AE was a failure cause TDO wanted to make MK more kid friendly, so they replaced AE with SGE and AE failed because of that??? Maybe you should have said SGE failed, not AE cause AE, even though I didn't care for it, wasn't much of a failure as SGE is...

And TDO failed by trying to make MK kid friendly, yet, they will succeed by making MK kid friendly??? Is making MK kid friendly a successful venture or an utter failure???

Again, just playing D.A. here and twisting your words a bit...

SeaCastle

So, in essense, Lance is his name?? posted a general statement.. PIXIE HOLLOW IS HAPPENING.. when the original planned Pixie Hollows doesn't happen but a little M&G ones does, he'll claim he was right.. Why?? he posted a general statement..

Either way, I'm thrilled Pixie Hollow won't happen on such a large scale, and i have no issue with it being done on a smaller scale, across from Peter Pan's Flight, in the former Skyway Station.... And yep, you are right.. Words do get misconstrued on the internet.. However, saying Pixie Hollow is happening is saying it in general terms... Maybe he should express himself like Lee does.. Pixie Hollow will happen, just not as planned....

Very true, I don't agree with the practice of making general statements about rumors so that you'll never be wrong, but unfortunately it does happen.

My hope is that the meet and greet does go in the Skyway Station (where they have enough room, I believe, for a few characters, and with the pond outside they could do an Nighttime Enchantment show like they do at Disneyland. Plus, that leaves room for development in Fantasyland West. Everyone wins. :)

jt04

I want to play Devil's Advocate here for a minute.. And by no means is this a diss on you jt..

You say AE was a failure cause TDO wanted to make MK more kid friendly, so they replaced AE with SGE and AE failed because of that??? Maybe you should have said SGE failed, not AE cause AE, even though I didn't care for it, wasn't much of a failure as SGE is...

And TDO failed by trying to make MK kid friendly, yet, they will succeed by making MK kid friendly??? Is making MK kid friendly a successful venture or an utter failure???

Again, just playing D.A. here and twisting your words a bit...

I'm simply saying that converting AE to Stitch satisfied very few. They were trying to address a problem but only created bigger problems.

Same for Tiki. Puntagordabob has written volumes about that.:lol:

Captain Chaos

Very true, I don't agree with the practice of making general statements about rumors so that you'll never be wrong, but unfortunately it does happen.

My hope is that the meet and greet does go in the Skyway Station (where they have enough room, I believe, for a few characters, and with the pond outside they could do an Nighttime Enchantment show like they do at Disneyland. Plus, that leaves room for development in Fantasyland West. Everyone wins. :)

Everyone wins... so TDO will make sure they get a building and a card board cut out of a tree and a curtain backdrop... TDO WINS!! LoL.. :lol:

jt04

That spot would be even better for Rapunzel IMO.

NewfieFan

So, is this the latest rumor on PH or are we just dreaming/wishing?

I don't mind the sound of that one bit. I do wish we could get the little light show like DLs... I've never seen it in person but the few youtube videos I saw of it were cute!

SeaCastle

So, is this the latest rumor on PH or are we just dreaming/wishing?

I don't mind the sound of that one bit. I do wish we could get the little light show like DLs... I've never seen it in person but the few youtube videos I saw of it were cute!

There was a concept to put a Tinkerbell meet and greet in the Skyway Station a few years ago, but it fizzled. As you progressed through the meet and greet, the objects around you would appear bigger and bigger...making it look like you were getting shrunk to Tinkerbell's size. Pixie Hollow coming to the Skyway Station now is wishful thinking on my part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom