Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

Captain Chaos

To be completely fair, the coaster enthusiast community is certainly very divided as to what they like in their rides. Some prefer wood, others steel. Some (like me) prefer airtime/negative g's, while others prefer loops/positive g's. Since I prefer wood (and steel that, in some way, has similar elements to wood); and prefer the non-looping, airtime style of coasters; and also enjoy the aggression of a ride like Space Mountain (that many would call uncomfortable "roughness",) this makes me more likely to love Space and BTMRR than someone for whom positive g's, inversions, speed, or "smoothness" is important.
QUOTE]

I used to ride The Grizzly at Kings Dominion often when I was growing up, and share your admiration for wooden coasters. There's a particular level of uncertainty that always encompasses a ride on a wooden coaster, even though you know they're as safe as anything else. I've always appreciated how WDW tried to put that same sense of unease (if you will) into BTMRR, even though it's a completely different animal....

Wooden coasters are awesome... nothing like a wooden coaster... Another good one is El Toro in Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...

David S.

I used to ride The Grizzly at Kings Dominion often when I was growing up, and share your admiration for wooden coasters. There's a particular level of uncertainty that always encompasses a ride on a wooden coaster, even though you know they're as safe as anything else. I've always appreciated how WDW tried to put that same sense of unease (if you will) into BTMRR, even though it's a completely different animal....

I LOVE the Grizzly! :) There is a wicked pop of airtime in that tunnel! I really enjoyed the other woodies in that park as well, Hurler and Rebel Yell!

And of course, less than an hour down the interstate is my favorite steel coaster, Apolo's Chariot at Busch Gardens!

Good times in Virginia ;)

Wooden coasters are awesome... nothing like a wooden coaster... Another good one is El Toro in Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...

Haven't been on El Toro or Rolling Thunder yet, but I'm expecting my first visit to Great Adventure later this fall. I'm also really looking forward to Nitro, as that's a B&M hypercoaster system similar to Apollo's Chariot but with a different layout. And Beemer hypers are my fave steel ride system on the planet. Floater air paradise!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I LOVE the Grizzly! :) There is a wicked pop of airtime in that tunnel! I really enjoyed the other woodies in that park as well, Hurler and Rebel Yell!

And of course, less than an hour down the interstate is my favorite steel coaster, Apolo's Chariot at Busch Gardens!

Good times in Virginia ;)

A very underrated state for amusement parks, IMO.......

misterID

If Lasseter really feels MK doesn't cater enough to kids and families then I really have to question if he's ever even been to WDW in the last 10 years. And shows just how far out of touch the head honchos are with WDW.

I haven't read the Lasseter article, is there a link?

David S.

A very underrated state for amusement parks, IMO.......

I agree. In addition to their thrills, both parks are really pretty, and I consider the Busch Gardens in Virginia one of the most beautiful parks in the country. Also, the European theming is very well done, with the charming little European villages. The blending of the architecture and the naturally wooded landscape and waterways is supurb!

One thing I love about having a Platinum Pass to the Busch parks in Florida is I get into the one in Virginia for free and get complimentary preferred parking! ;)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree. In addition to their thrills, both parks are really pretty, and I consider the Busch Gardens in Virginia one of the most beautiful parks in the country. Also, the European theming is very well done, with the charming little European villages. The blending of the architecture and the naturally wooded landscape and waterways is supurb!

One thing I love about having a Platinum Pass to the Busch parks in Florida is I get into the one in Virginia for free and get complimentary parking! ;)

I'm taking my family to the Tidewater area next spring. They now have a "multipass" for Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, their water park, and the Yorktown/Jamestown historical sites. Sounds like a great deal for the price, and the pass is good for 7 days....

wolf359

I think Eisner did just as many good things for the company as bad things.

The problem was that his second ten years were spent laying waste to everything good he did in the first ten. If he had retired in 1995 his legacy would have been like the second coming of Walt Disney. Instead he stayed around long enough to abuse and neglect all of the expansion he had championed at Walt Disney World.

DisneyParksFan1

The problem was that his second ten years were spent laying waste to everything good he did in the first ten. If he had retired in 1995 his legacy would have been like the second coming of Walt Disney. Instead he stayed around long enough to abuse and neglect all of the expansion he had championed at Walt Disney World.

Credit will be given where due... Eisner did a tremendous job, at the beginning, for the company, including WDW... toward the end, well, he lost his mind a bit..

Agreed. I mean he made WDW a resort, but he ended up abusing it.

David S.

It seems things with Eisner started going downhill after the tragic passing of Frank Wells. The triumphs of those first 10 years were the triumphs of the Eisner/Wells team. Eisner was willing to listen to Wells, who sort of served as a "check and balance" from what I recall reading.

Eisner seemed unwilling after this to let anyone in the company get powerful enough to fill Wells' shoes, and this ultimately led to his downfall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom