Princesses getting new look

wdw71fan

yes, costuming has been working on 'plussing' the princess look for about 3 months now.. They are supposed to debut with Fantasyland... just a nip and tuck here and there, don't expect drastic mods.

dreamfinder

I could have sworn I saw some pics on tumblr in the last few weeks of some new costume parts for DLR princesses. I would assume they would be similar at WDW. I can't find the pics now for the life of me. I think it was shoes and accent pieces that were posted.

Cmdr_Crimson

Poor Rapunzel looks so out of place amongst those floosies! ;)

Yeah I find it funny that the marketing dept can't figure out how Rapunzel would look in hand drawn form so they made her look really strange. Yet they could have used Glen Keane's designs...Granted they have a strong Ariel look took them...It would have looked a bit better than the weird face they gave her..
tumblr_lp4o9zjS0O1qicvbxo1_500.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I think you guys are confused, these are sketches of the new costumes the servers at Be Our Guest will be wearing during dinner time. You know, to go with the whole new adult theme and adult beverages.

Here are the actual costumes, subject to change of course. Straight from t Disney Parks Blog!!! (tm)
8jM6Fl.jpg
How did I know when I read the title that this thread would spiral out of control into this?
You guys are absolutely disgusting......

and I LOVE IT! ;)

ExtinctJenn

yes, costuming has been working on 'plussing' the princess look for about 3 months now.. They are supposed to debut with Fantasyland... just a nip and tuck here and there, don't expect drastic mods.
I think the current dresses are worn and outdated (especially Cindie and Belle), so I am happy with this change.
Continuing the "actual" discussion (I let you guys suck me into the bad stuff... unbelievable LOL) I'm still so on the fence about this. I am always behind "plussing" things at the parks but in this case, it seems "wrong" to me. The costumes these people wear to become whatever princess they are portraying are based on the way that character appeared in it's associated Disney film(s). For that reason, I don't think "plussing" them is something that is needed or really makes any sense. I especially feel this way because most of the Disney princesses are not Disney creations. They are Disney's version of a story that was told long before Disney told it. In other words, they've already "plussed" the character by making it what we see it as today.

Now... ALLLLL that said... the example of the difference in Cindy's costume is absolutely beautiful and I do at least see the point that the new costumes would be very nice.

The Empress Lilly

Yeah I find it funny that the marketing dept can't figure out how Rapunzel would look in hand drawn form so they made her look really strange. Yet they could have used Glen Keane's designs...Granted they have a strong Ariel look took them...It would have looked a bit better than the weird face they gave her..
tumblr_lp4o9zjS0O1qicvbxo1_500.jpg
Yes!

I totally love 'movie-Rapunzel'. She's adorable. But the Rapunzel on the merchandise and stuff looks like a totally different girl. Barely recognisable, nowhere near as cute either. I feel no connection.
But your black and white sketches capture her perfectly. So 3D CGI Rapunzel can easily be rendered in handdrawn 2D.

The Empress Lilly

Continuing the "actual" discussion (I let you guys suck me into the bad stuff... unbelievable LOL) I'm still so on the fence about this. I am always behind "plussing" things at the parks but in this case, it seems "wrong" to me. The costumes these people wear to become whatever princess they are portraying are based on the way that character appeared in it's associated Disney film(s). For that reason, I don't think "plussing" them is something that is needed or really makes any sense. I especially feel this way because most of the Disney princesses are not Disney creations. They are Disney's version of a story that was told long before Disney told it. In other words, they've already "plussed" the character by making it what we see it as today.

Now... ALLLLL that said... the example of the difference in Cindy's costume is absolutely beautiful and I do at least see the point that the new costumes would be very nice.
I don't mind new costumes, with new materials or new interpretations of how to render a 2D cartoon dress into a 'real world, real fabric, real girl' dress.

I do think the new princesses look too glittery, too Las Vegas. Lacking in class and style. I mean, Snow White with a sparkly golden skirt? Really?

I understand four year old girls are sensitive to anything brightcolored that sparkles. But princessy elegance is about restraint and modesty too, not about ghetto chic.

rufio

Cinderella images have been sprouting up lately with the new look...

Her Old Version...
cinderella.jpg

And Her New Version
New-Cinderella-disney-princess-30792546-666-800.jpg

Here is more From this 2013 calender..
9781423815068.jpg

What is the deal with all of the glitter lately? Walking through a shoe store, I feel like I have to shield my eyes! I noticed the new Cinderella stuff while getting folders for this semester and wasn't really sure how to feel about it. I agree with the people who said that the princesses are supposed to look like their movies. Plain and simple. It doesn't make sense to glitz them up. Not to mention, Cinderella looks like she should have a nose ring and a pair of Vans on...

FabulousFigment

You think the images are glitterific? They are selling the new Cinderella outfit in target and where those big sparkles are, the dress actually lights up! Reminds me of a funny episode of Modern Family.. but I digress.. my daughter told me Santa will bring it to her:(

I prefer the "classic" style! Too much glitter! Hair styles and makeup are all wrong also! It doesn't look classy anymore! Just my opinion! I did enjoy all the funny costume pics though LOL!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom