Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

raven

HUH?

Those brown rate charts are 1000% legitimate. They're distributed to travel agents as well. Everything on @tikiman 's site regarding points and rates is official and correct. Period.

Just saying that I will wait for the official announcement.

No doubt they will be expensive. There are only 20 of them, have their own private pools AND unobstructed view of the MK fireworks.

mikenatcity1

I will back you up. Someone accidentally posted ALL of the Poly literature, point charts, point buy-in costs, and rack room rates on there. It existed at one point, but has been taken down, and I have the original PDF files to prove it.

Everything being said here is correct.

Oh how I wish I would have been on earlier today to see it all!

shannon12

I will back you up. Someone accidentally posted ALL of the Poly literature, point charts, point buy-in costs, and rack room rates on there. It existed at one point, but has been taken down, and I have the original PDF files to prove it.

Everything being said here is correct.
Thank you! I thought I was losing it!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We can all be jealous and cry and whine and say how stupid Disney is for setting such outrageous point and cash values......but guess what? They're going to get sold and rented by someone.

That's true, Yes Disney has value as a location but their properties are overpriced 4-6x relative to the overall O town market and I'm wondering how long that can last. Yes a 50-100% premium relative to the market is sustainable, A 400-600% premium I wonder.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Considering they "set the bar" for the O-town market (a market which is here due to WDW being here), I'd say they will just keep going. :(

At one time that was true, Now other properties are raising the bar and around 2017 when the commercial space launches really kick off there will be a much more corporate vibe in O town.

The NASA engineering folk and Military will make Cocoa Beach rock again, But the 'Suits will hang out near MCO.

At that point there WILL be market for TRUE luxury hotel accomodations and Disney has never understood that market.

GrumpyFan

If true...
tumblr_mu1tukjHkG1s8c10io2_500.jpg

but, not really surprising.

flyerjab

Original Poster
What will be interesting to see is how quickly Disney moves if the Poly DVC sells like hotcakes. If the DVC sales for this resort are at or above expectations, how long do you think it will take Disney to decide to add the Wilderness Lodge version on Bay Lake? I even heard one time on Len Testa's podcast that Jim Hill said that this was also considered for the Grand Floridian at one time. No doubt if these are filled with ease, there will be more.

And in retrospect, why not really? How many on sight rooms are there, over 20,000? The number of bungalows comes out to less than 0.1% of WDW total on site room inventory. Even adding bungalows or whatever at WL and/or GF will still keep it at that number. And there is a subset of the world population that have that type of disposable income that can afford those prices.

DisneyElephant

I would not have a problem with these prices if the rest of the rack rates for other resorts, moderates included/values, were more on par with the rest of the world. If WDW rack rate prices were truly all over the map and had DVC properties at values and moderates, then this would make more sense. But it just shows a truly out of touch company on the higher end. You can't just focus on quality at your highest end customers and completely ignore the rest of your potential customers and expect that business model to stick for very long.

SnarkyMonkey

The people I know with that kind of money are laughing hysterically at Disney, They expect a certain level of SERVICE to come with a room that expensive - which Disney DOES NOT provide.

But that's in the eye of the beholder...and the wallet.

I can tell you that if something cost me $65 a night to stay in, I would have very little expectations. 2 grand for some people is like $65 for me. It's really not a big deal. They would throw that away and not even notice.

So, when rich people visit WDW, they will stay at the best accomodations their money can buy. They don't really care if you or I see it as a waste or not worth the value. My promise you they don't sit around worrying about budget.

My prediction? 100% occupancy all year round

We can all see the extreme greed of Disney...

I'm not sure how you can apply morals to a company. It is not a person. It is a business that only exists to make as much money as it possibly can. It doesn't exist to be nice or fair or charitable. I never understand why people are bothered by this fact.

That's true, Yes Disney has value as a location but their properties are overpriced 4-6x relative to the overall O town market and I'm wondering how long that can last. Yes a 50-100% premium relative to the market is sustainable, A 400-600% premium I wonder.

It will keep charging more until the point when people come less. And then it will charge less. That's economics.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
If the numbers post early are right, I could bank and borrow most of my points I could get to the 841 points needed for a week during value season. Compare this to the cash rate that someone gave earlier of $14,700 a week, this would be a only $17.48 per point. Do not see it happening for me, but I sure there are others that will do it.

I checked the resell market and there is an Old Key West Contract with 1,200 points for sale at $59.00 a point. If you can afford that you can afford to buy this.

LeRaposa

Could someone explain, are these DVC only or what? Will "normal" resort guests be able to book these like with other rooms? If so are these prices for DVC people or regular resort guests?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would not have a problem with these prices if the rest of the rack rates for other resorts, moderates included/values, were more on par with the rest of the world. If WDW rack rate prices were truly all over the map and had DVC properties at values and moderates, then this would make more sense. But it just shows a truly out of touch company on the higher end. You can't just focus on quality at your highest end customers and completely ignore the rest of your potential customers and expect that business model to stick for very long.
Where in the rest of the world do I find four theme parks, two water parks, a dining and shopping venue within half an hour of a sea based park, another theme park complex as well as tons of other entertainment options?

raven

How many on sight rooms are there, over 20,000? The number of bungalows comes out to less than 0.1% of WDW total on site room inventory. Even adding bungalows or whatever at WL and/or GF will still keep it at that number. And there is a subset of the world population that have that type of disposable income that can afford those prices.

True. The bigger issue is how the amount of rooms on property is causing an effect on park population, wait times and guests time management in the parks. All of these extra rooms are great and all but look at how crowded the parks have became in the last decade alone.

I think it's time to focus less on where to house a million people and concentrate on giving them enough to do while they are here. A new park would be a great fit for this right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom