Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

PhotoDave219

Or not.

For a family of four business class to Bora Bora is around $6000 per person. The hotel pictured above is the Four Seasons which is currently running $1100 a night but only sleeps two so you would need two. For a week you are looking at a minimum expense of $39,400 for 4 people. Weekly rack rate for the Poly bungalows is $16,000.

As always, hyperbole is not your friend.

You're missing the business class costs to get to WDW.

The Mom

Premium Member
You're missing the business class costs to get to WDW.

He is responding to a statement that people could fly First Class to the original resort in Bora Bora for a week and pay less than the cost of a week in these bungalows.

I would estimate (but have absolutely no numbers to back it up) that at least 1/4 of WDW onsite guests drive to the resort - which is impossible if going to Bora Bora. Everyone has to pay for a flight. And even those who fly to WDW rarely see the need to fly First or Business class - unless they have a long flight. I never fly in a premium class domestically, yet won't fly coach if going overseas. Many people do the same. Which is why the flight cost to WDW wasn't included.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said it was wrong to do that.

I am just ridiculously appalled at the costs.

Also willing to start a betting pool on which lifestyler sells a kidney to be able to stay there for a week…

I guess the prices here don't appall me because they seem in line with other offerings at the park, and are so far out of the realm of possibility for me that I can find no real emotional tie with it to upset me.

I get it though.

I'm appalled at the prices of the "value" resorts. I'm appalled that buying 2 burgers/drink combos at Cosmic Ray's for my kid and I cost me over $30.

I guess the right word for me with the bungalos would be jealous. I'm jealous that there are people that have enough scratch to pay the same for 2 nights as it does for my entire family vacation. I'm jealous of the views that these folks will have. I'm jealous of the exclusivity of the 20 bungalos.

I guess it's a lie that I can find no emotional tie, I do have one. It's just not appalled, it's jealous.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said it was wrong to do that.

I am just ridiculously appalled at the costs.

Also willing to start a betting pool on which lifestyler sells a kidney to be able to stay there for a week…
Do you get this bent out of shape for GM, Chrysler or Ford having one model that costs 4-5 times more than another?

PhotoDave219

I guess the prices here don't appall me because they seem in line with other offerings at the park, and are so far out of the realm of possibility for me that I can find no real emotional tie with it to upset me.

I get it though.

I'm appalled at the prices of the "value" resorts. I'm appalled that buying 2 burgers/drink combos at Cosmic Ray's for my kid and I cost me over $30.

I guess the right word for me with the bungalos would be jealous. I'm jealous that there are people that have enough scratch to pay the same for 2 nights as it does for my entire family vacation. I'm jealous of the views that these folks will have. I'm jealous of the exclusivity of the 20 bungalos.

I guess it's a lie that I can find no emotional tie, I do have one. It's just not appalled, it's jealous.

Do you get this bent out of shape for GM, Chrysler or Ford having one model that costs 4-5 times more than another?

I just can't see anything at Disney being worth $2100/night. Cinderella included.

Thats a trip to Australia.

BrerJon

I think Disney has finally crossed the line into pricing insanity here there is nothing in the quality of these rooms which make them worth 2-3K per night, I'd love to see @ParentsOf4 breakeven analysys here.

The REAL rooms like this in the pacific islands top out at $1500 or so with FAR more services than Disney ever thought of offering.

Un-Fracking-Believable

Why would anyone in their right minds spend that money when for the same price they could get a flight to an actual tropical island and rent a far bigger place? People *really* need to get out more if they think WDW is the best option for spending that kind of cash.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I just can't see anything at Disney being worth $2100/night. Cinderella included.

Thats a trip to Australia.
Thus you will never pay to stay in the bungalos. Neither would I.

But there are plenty that would. There are plenty for which $2100 / night is the same as $150 a night to me. Heck, there are those that $2100 a night is the same as a cup of coffee to me. And some of those people enjoy Disney.

And if enough people don't feel this way, the DVC units wont sell, and Disney will have to do something about it.

I doubt it will be a problem.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
He also didn't expect the company to be run by money-sucking egoists after he died either.

Yes but Walt and his bother did not run Disney just out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it to make money. Does that make Walt a money-sucking egoist. Disney is putting billions back into the parks over the next few years. Maybe not enough to stratify you, but just as any other company there actions have to be made with profit in mind. Just as Walt did.

bhg469

Perhaps that question should be more introspective if this is making you crazy?
Well to my defense, this is EXACTLY why we have been getting nothing for years. They build things like this and people buy into it and Disney, then turns around and just assumes they no longer have to cater to the average guest when the mega rich seem to be easy to satisfy and profit off of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom