Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

Bolna

As scary as it is, the cash prices of 2100-2900 $ per night are totally in line with the cash prices Disney charges for 2-bedroom suites at the GF and CR. Even below the rates there. I wonder whether they Bungalow will come with club level privileges.

Mike S

Totally agree with your post. It's funny too because my family takes expensive WDW vacations every year and even own at the GFV. But we only own enough for a studio. And thinking of spending two grand a night is beyond something I could do. Don't get me wrong though, I really wish I could. :D
If I had enough money to spend two grand a night here I would just take my money elsewhere for better value. Maybe Tokyo? ;)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Totally agree. The issue is our society/culture has shifted more toward "equality" amongst all. Thoughts that "everyone has a right to experience everything at the same level as everyone else" has invaded the daily norm. Getting a trophy or ribbon for simply participating is where it all starts and culminates with "spreading the wealth" and "you didn't do that on your own" so everyone should get a piece of the pie.

There is a line from The Incredibles that applies. "When everyone is super, no one is super". That may be a paraphrase but applies. Is this a ridiculous amount of money. No. It's what Disney thinks they can get for them based on demand.

well said

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If I had enough money to spend two grand a night here I would just take my money elsewhere for better value. Maybe Tokyo? ;)

You could fly FIRST CLASS to Bora Bora and stay in a similar bungalow where you can actually SWIM in the warm blue water and have a room steward catering to your needs and STILL come out ahead financially as compared to a week in these bungalows!!!!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Good luck to Disnpney, I say. There are people who regularly spend 2 grand a night for accomodations because they like the luxury and can afford to. Why shouldn't Disney cash in on this?

These weren't built for the averafe joe. There are plenty of other rooms available for you and I.

The people I know with that kind of money are laughing hysterically at Disney, They expect a certain level of SERVICE to come with a room that expensive - which Disney DOES NOT provide.

Mike S

You could fly FIRST CLASS to Bora Bora and stay in a similar bungalow where you can actually SWIM in the warm blue water and have a room steward catering to your needs and STILL come out ahead financially as compared to a week in these bungalows!!!!
That's another great way to use the money. I remember in another thread someone posted pictures of real bungalows that go out over clear blue water. Looked like a great spot to have a nice and relaxing vacation.

Edit: I found the picture. It was in the 8th Spirited thread.
image.jpg

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Some actual thoughts....

1. Is the cash price really relevant? There are only 20 of these, I'm sure they will be booked through DVC all the time.

2. If it is relevant. what does everyone think a more reasonable price point is?

Incomudro

You can't compare these to what a real bungalow in Bora Bora would cost.
That's not the point.
It's not as though a prospective vacationer is comparing the two for relative value.
Bora Bora would have a real crystal clear ocean, but it wouldn't have WDW.
The units are for people that can throw $2,000 a night at a room the way the rest of us can pay $200.00
They want exclusivity on their WDW stay and they're willing to pay for it.

wdwtopten

Did some number crunching. If someone has $30K burning a hole in their pocket, it will take about 10 years to reach the break-even point at the Poly's rack rates.

Factor in the common 30% discount and it will take about 17 years to break-even.

Throw in a Disney loan and the break-even is closer to 30 years.

Stay at the Wilderness Lodge instead and the break-even is never. :jawdrop:

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, I guess one is born every minute.

I''d love to see your calculations, just out of pure curiosity.

Daannzzz

Not a shock to me. I remember looking at the prices nice for suites at the WDW deluxe hotels years ago and they were in the $1800 - $2300. When you have your own little "Disney" bungalow over the water (that particular water not in debate here) with a view of the MK, fireworks and your own little plunge I am surprised they did not price it higher!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom