Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

betty rose

Nope, it's $160 per point at the discounted DVC rate and use the numbers posted by flyerjab.

Thus, to stay 1 week during value, you need 841 points @ $160 = $134,560.
The expensive option to stay 1 week during Premier, you need 1439 points @ $165 (non-DVC rate) = $237,435.

Hope that helps and that you see the insanity now! ;)
We can all see the extreme greed of Disney...

jakeman

You could fly FIRST CLASS to Bora Bora and stay in a similar bungalow where you can actually SWIM in the warm blue water and have a room steward catering to your needs and STILL come out ahead financially as compared to a week in these bungalows!!!!
Or not.

For a family of four business class to Bora Bora is around $6000 per person. The hotel pictured above is the Four Seasons which is currently running $1100 a night but only sleeps two so you would need two. For a week you are looking at a minimum expense of $39,400 for 4 people. Weekly rack rate for the Poly bungalows is $16,000.

As always, hyperbole is not your friend.

jakeman

We can all see the extreme greed of Disney...
They provide a product that is not essential to life. Therefore they have no moral obligation to price their services at any point other than what they think the market can bear. In fact, they do have an obligation to their shareholders to return the best profit possible.

Why is that being labeled as greed? Because you simply don't like the price point?

ryguy

No offense. But I'm not taking anything from a FB page titled "Tikiman's UNOFFICIAL Polynesian resort pages" as legit until I see it actually released from Disney.
none taken...I guess we will find out for sure in a few days. :cool:

betty rose

They provide a product that is not essential to life. Therefore they have no moral obligation to price their services at any point other than what they think the market can bear. In fact, they do have an obligation to their shareholders to return the best profit possible.

Why is that being labeled as greed? Because you simply don't like the price point?
I'm not bothered at all. I just don't see the value there.

jeswins

No offense. But I'm not taking anything from a FB page titled "Tikiman's UNOFFICIAL Polynesian resort pages" as legit until I see it actually released from Disney.
If it truly costs around 6x the number of points to stay in a PVB bungalow vs a PVB studio, I don't see any reason why the cash rate of the bungalows wouldn't be 4 to 5 times what the cash rate of the studio is. What I don't understand is how they think a 2BR bungalow is roughly equal to a 3BR (plus media room) VGF grand villa. Seems to me a PVB bungalow would be less "exclusive" (cost fewer points) than a VGF grand villa.

jakeman

Nope, it's $160 per point at the discounted DVC rate and use the numbers posted by flyerjab.

Thus, to stay 1 week during value, you need 841 points @ $160 = $134,560.
The expensive option to stay 1 week during Premier, you need 1439 points @ $165 (non-DVC rate) = $237,435.

Hope that helps and that you see the insanity now! ;)
However wouldn't that be over the life of the contract? So taking maintenance fees out you are looking $4,748.70 a year for 50 years as the "cost" of those accommodations each year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not bothered at all. I just don't see the value there.

Precisely - I don't believe that the new Poly rooms have VALUE >= PRICE to me at least, Disney is free to price anything at any price point, Conversely I am free to buy or not buy their product,

I don't feel 'entitled' to stay at the Poly and since the prices ratcheted up in the mid 'noughts I have had no desire to stay there as I felt the rooms were no longer a good value for my vacation dollar or my DVC points.

ryguy

Disney doesn't just throw darts against a wall and hope it sticks about pricing, I am sure whatever price point they set was researched and thought out. I don't see at as being greedy. Timeshare in my opinion is designed for those with disposal income, if your marginal you shouldn't be prepaying for vacations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom