Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

BrerJon

There hasn't been a solid argument that didn't boil down to a personal opinion of some sort presented against the cost of these rooms.

So it's not about folks shouting down the "haters" as you so pedantically put it, but rather quite a bit of teeth gnashing with no real purpose.

Did you ever sit on the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks? I did, and I'll miss that, so forgive me if I'm not impressed if Disney has killed something that gave thousands pleasure in the name of building a few Staybridge quality rooms in Pizza-Huts for the rich and famous.

raven

Did you ever sit on the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks? I did, and I'll miss that, so forgive me if I'm not impressed if Disney has killed something that gave thousands pleasure in the name of building a few Staybridge quality rooms in Pizza-Huts for the rich and famous.

I can see the MK fireworks from my home

jakeman

That's exactly the conversation we're having.

Sorry if you can't read ;)
Not really. You and I weren't having a conversation until you randomly asked me a question that's not particularly relevant to the point I was making.

Are you going to stop going to Disney because of this? Because if the answer is anything but an unequivocal "no" then your post is nothing but self righteous indignation.

NelsonRD

I think that wdwmagic should be one of the first to book the bungalow for a week. Then, they can stay the first night to provide an unbiased objective review with a lot of pictures we can all look at. At the same time the bungalow is reserved, there should be a wdwmagic picnic, where we all meet at the hub for a hot dog at Casey's, then raffle off the remaining nights to one of us. Who's with me here?

BrerJon

Not really. You and I weren't having a conversation until you randomly asked me a question that's not particularly relevant to the point I was making.

Are you going to stop going to Disney because of this? Because if the answer is anything but an unequivocal "no" then your post is nothing but self righteous indignation.

Actually I have stopped going to WDW, but not just for this. Also for the huge price increases, longer wait times, annoyance of Fastpass+/MyMagic, lack of anything new to do, lack of decent nightlife, broken effects and animatronics, poor standards of maintenance and management, smaller food portions at higher prices, and generally being a poor value for money experience all round.

Taking away little bits of magic, bit by bit, mounts up. And while spoiling the beach view may not be the straw that breaks the camel's back, it's still a big bit of straw.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Well to my defense, this is EXACTLY why we have been getting nothing for years. They build things like this and people buy into it and Disney, then turns around and just assumes they no longer have to cater to the average guest when the mega rich seem to be easy to satisfy and profit off of.

Just remember that is being built as a Disney Vacation Club Time Share and will be sold off in less then 3 years. So Disney will not be making big bucks off this resort in a very short time compared to building it's own resort and financing it over many years. If anything these projects give Disney more capital return that can be spend on the parks then any other things they do at the parks. How Disney spends the money made off of Disney Vacation Club can be considered as too little, but as long as Disney Vacation Club continue to sell out in just a few years, you can not say they are taking money that could be used for building other things.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm appalled that buying 2 burgers/drink combos at Cosmic Ray's for my kid and I cost me over $30.
I was just at the Hard Rock, and paid almost $40 for the same items. Disney is really not out of line when you look around. Have you bought a burger at an airport lately? I travel a lot, and $12 - $18 for a burger is normal, and sometimes they don't even include fries for that price!. Yes, it is expensive compared to McDonalds (which I wouldn't eat at in a million years), but so are a lot of places.

TeddyinMO

I also find it interesting that so many posters are blasting the service/amenities of a hotel room that hasn't even been used yet. "The service stinks..." "The room's not up to standard..." Oh wait, it doesn't even open for another couple of months. Post your review after you've spent a night there, and then I'll be happy to take your educated opinion into account when I consider where I will be staying on my next trip. Until then, you just make yourself look silly and bitter.

jakeman

Actually I have stopped going to WDW, but not just for this. Also for the huge price increases, longer wait times, annoyance of Fastpass+/MyMagic, lack of anything new to do, lack of decent nightlife, broken effects and animatronics, poor standards of maintenance and management, smaller food portions at higher prices, and generally being a poor value for money experience all round.

Taking away little bits of magic, bit by bit, mounts up. And while spoiling the beach view may not be the straw that breaks the camel's back, it's still a big bit of straw.
Then why are you here, discussing a product you no longer find value or pleasure in?

I don't like tomatoes. I don't go to tomato boards and discuss all the ways I don't like tomatoes.

Apparently the amoebas already got to him.
A thoughtful, classy, and articulate response that frames your objection to Disney latest DVC offer in a compelling way. I'm interested in your viewpoints and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

bhg469

Just remember that is being built as a Disney Vacation Club Time Share and will be sold off in less then 3 years. So Disney will not be making big bucks off this resort in a very short time compared to building it's own resort and financing it over many years. If anything these projects give Disney more capital return that can be spend on the parks then any other things they do at the parks. How Disney spends the money made off of Disney Vacation Club can be considered as too little, but as long as Disney Vacation Club continue to sell out in just a few years, you can not say they are taking money that could be used for building other things.
I am probably more angry at the fact that people make above median income and are still pretty much struggling to get by while this, an obvious attempt at cloning a very beautiful place on earth in a very dirty lake and charging more to stay there than the actual place its emulating.... It makes my brain hurt...

raven

Are the fireworks not visible from the area of beach in front of the Volcano pool? That's where I used to always watch them...

Well, not anymore. You will have to look above the new villas to see them now. That was the whole point of their location.

flynnibus

Premium Member
2. If it is relevant. what does everyone think a more reasonable price point is?

When one looks through the normal rack rates of what the GF is... where the average price for a main building STANDARD ROOM on the Club level averages more than $1k/night... reasonable isn't even in the dictionary for this audience. And no rate rake in the GF is under $550.

I don't even have words for how they can fill a hotel that size with those kinds of rates. Mind control? Drugs? However they do it, I'm sure lots of people would love to duplicate it.

bhg469

Then why are you here, discussing a product you no longer find value or pleasure in?

I don't like tomatoes. I don't go to tomato boards and discuss all the ways I don't like tomatoes.

A thoughtful, classy, and articulate response that frames your objection to Disney latest DVC offer in a compelling way. I'm interested in your viewpoints and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
That is quite alright, you're not my target demographic.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's not as though a prospective vacationer is comparing the two for relative value.
Bora Bora would have a real crystal clear ocean, but it wouldn't have WDW.

They are not the same no - but anyone who thinks WDW for a week is worth 5-10k more than actually visiting a REAL tropical paradise needs to get out more. Certainly there is the audience that just has money to burn... but they aren't rationalizing anything to start with.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I was just at the Hard Rock, and paid almost $40 for the same items. Disney is really not out of line when you look around. Have you bought a burger at an airport lately? I travel a lot, and $12 - $18 for a burger is normal, and sometimes they don't even include fries for that price!. Yes, it is expensive compared to McDonalds (which I wouldn't eat at in a million years), but so are a lot of places.
True. Same with an NFL game. Or food prices at a ski lodge. Or pretty much any other entertainment venue.

jakeman

That is quite alright, you're not my target demographic.
I am pleased. I wouldn't want to be the target demographic with someone who actually has physical anger over the location of a hotel room.

Targets like that usually end up on the news with and aerial shot of their house and several police vans surrounding it.

bhg469

I also find it interesting that so many posters are blasting the service/amenities of a hotel room that hasn't even been used yet. "The service stinks..." "The room's not up to standard..." Oh wait, it doesn't even open for another couple of months. Post your review after you've spent a night there, and then I'll be happy to take your educated opinion into account when I consider where I will be staying on my next trip. Until then, you just make yourself look silly and bitter.
Its a villa, suspended over a muddy man made lake... The whole allure of this type of room is that you can go out the door and jump in crystal blue water and swim in the tropical sun... I feel bad for anyone that would think this is truly the best use of their money and time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom