Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
They are not the same no - but anyone who thinks WDW for a week is worth 5-10k more than actually visiting a REAL tropical paradise needs to get out more. Certainly there is the audience that just has money to burn... but they aren't rationalizing anything to start with.
What if those people have gotten out more. Have visited places all over the world. Then, they make the decision that their money is best spent, based on their personal opinions, at a WDW DVC bungalo?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
When I was a child I always wanted to go to Disneyland but my family could not afford it. I never complained that the cost to go to Disneyland was to high. I went to school, studied hard, got a graduated degree and make enough money to go to Walt Disney World several times a year. Who cares if someone else can stay in a room I cannot afford, more power to them.

TeddyinMO

Well, not anymore. You will have to look above the new villas to see them now. That was the whole point of their location.

Umm... No. The point of their location is that they can charge thousands of dollars a night for them by giving people who can afford it the best view in WDW. Blocking your view is just an added bonus.

NicTom1211

Nope, it's just studios and bungalows. This is know to be true based on what they have posted in their legal filings and what has been reported to being built.

Thank you dream finder for confirming.. look like we will be adding into Bay Lake now instead of poly
Much appreciated for the help

flynnibus

Premium Member
So they jack up the prices to sell DVC memberships then? Makes sense. I don't like the idea and it certainly would never convince me to buy into the DVC but I can see why they'd try it.

It's their main pitch.... "see how expensive it is to stay at these hotels you like? wouldn't you like to save money your vacations at these properties? who wouldn't want to save money???"

That's the pitch..
which of course ignores
- the comparison points are insanely inflated
- the comparison points do not fit every vacationer (deluxe, yearly stays)

But that's DVC in a nutshell these days.

TeddyinMO

Its a villa, suspended over a muddy man made lake... The whole allure of this type of room is that you can go out the door and jump in crystal blue water and swim in the tropical sun... I feel bad for anyone that would think this is truly the best use of their money and time.
I'm sure the multi-millionaires staying in them will appreciate your sympathy.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
When I was a child I always wanted to go to Disneyland but my family could not afford it. I never complained that the cost to go to Disneyland was to high. I went to school, studied hard, got a graduated degree and make enough money to go to Walt Disney World several times a year. Who cares if someone else can stay in a room I cannot afford, more power to them.

I'm highly offended by you @DVCOwner because I cannot afford to own a DVC myself as your name and tag-line imply that you do. I have made the decision that because DVC is not worth my money, it is stupid for anyone else to be a DVC owner. I must now rage mightily at you and Disney for putting out a product at a price point that prohibits me from buying it.

(do I really need to put the sarcasm tag on here or can everyone figure this one out on their own?)

bhg469

I am pleased. I wouldn't want to be the target demographic with someone who actually has physical anger over the location of a hotel room.

Targets like that usually end up on the news with and aerial shot of their house and several police vans surrounding it.
Yes jakeypoo, Im smashing my house apart because I am so upset. The police dont come around these parts because I'm such a menace 2 society while drinking my juice in the hood. Do you need a hug bro? I do great hugs... Maybe we can get together and find that guy that bullied you in highschool and give him a swirley?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney is obviously going to sell these at the highest price the market will support. Perhaps the bigger issue is resort pricing all over. $429 is now the cheapest rack rate Poly room in 2015. For around 4 times that, the bungalows at $2100 don't look that bad a deal.

such logic assumes money tolerances are linear and gains are too.

But you won't ever find me paying $500/night for a Holiday Inn next to a drained swamp either.

I can't fathom the disney demographic anymore that fills these resorts. It's bewildering.

dgp602

We just received notification that prices are being set for the Bungalows at The Poly. The lowest seasonal price is around $2100/night, compared to as high as $2900/night during Christmas and the other high seasons.

Points are supposedly going to start during pre-sale at $160/point up until 09Feb2015.

Seems as though WDW is going for an entirely new type of clientele for these units. Definitely will not be staying in these any time soon.

EDIT: This was first seen on @tikiman's Facebook page for the resort.
I'm out!!!! :confused:

jakeman

Yes jakeypoo, Im smashing my house apart because I am so upset. The police dont come around these parts because I'm such a menace 2 society while drinking my juice in the hood. Do you need a hug bro? I do great hugs... Maybe we can get together and find that guy that bullied you in highschool and give him a swirley?
You wrote the below.
I don't know why this is making me as crazy as it is but I am smashing my keyboard right now and my pulse is up...
I'm not sure I'm one with the issue.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Its a villa, suspended over a muddy man made lake... The whole allure of this type of room is that you can go out the door and jump in crystal blue water and swim in the tropical sun... I feel bad for anyone that would think this is truly the best use of their money and time.
I'll say it again, people who can afford these rooms do not give a flying bleep about the $2100. It's not the best use of their money, of course not, vacation isn't the best use of anyone's money, far better to invest it, or simply save it. These people are not ignorant of Bora Bora, or of the 4 seasons, or of whatever, they are simply spending a fraction of a fraction of their wealth on a WDW vacation.

If you poories want to be upset about the bungalows, get upset over the location, or the fact that they are superfluous and cut down on the general aesthetic of the Poly and the lagoon. Not the price. Because lets be honest, the price is meaningless to you(and me) you(and me) couldn't afford it even if they cut the price in half.

bhg469

Universal Nissan on OBT has a GTR in their showroom. So yes, they do.
GTR is not a 1% product, maybe they would buy one for their kid, but no one in that crowd drives a GTR. Don't get me wrong, I would but if I had hundreds of millions that isn't even on my radar. They may buy something slower and less well built but with a high end brand.... Almost like staying in a villa on a man made lake!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom